+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

To qorax or other experts. Application filed with missing items

zabaloch

Star Member
Mar 15, 2010
Hey there,

I filed my application to BUffalo a few days ago. Since, the deadline was approaching I did not want to miss it. Anyways, I filed the application with whatever documents I had available. Later someone from this forum asked me to immidiately fax a letter explaining the situation to the visa office so I did fax them the reason for not being able to provide all the documents. Just so you are aware I was pregnant and gave birth to baby girl October, 11, 2010. I mentioned this as a reason in my letter for the missing items.

Please advice if I am doing the right thing also, will my application me accepted given the situation and missing items?
Please help if you can.

precious metals

Star Member
Apr 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
that' fine u sent incomplete application, otherwise yr file wud have been closed after 120 days deadline.

Now, send balance documents before the expiry of 120 days to keep yr file alive.

PM

precious metals

Star Member
Apr 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
if that is so, VO may decide -ve decision on the file for incomplete docs. Candians want full docs in one go..

so if u did not submit full docs in 120 days period, u need to reapply to COI Sydney.

PM

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Since you have send some documents within 120 days your application wont be rejected because of late submission of docs. Its visa officer discretion if he/she start processing your file and found documents missing VO can make a decision with the documents on file. You have already give the reason as well which should work. Try to gather other docs and send them ASAP try to submit those documents before VO start processing your file.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers
Saki

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
saki said:
Hi,

Since you have send some documents within 120 days your application wont be rejected because of late submission of docs. Its visa officer discretion if he/she start processing your file and found documents missing VO can make a decision with the documents on file. You have already give the reason as well which should work. Try to gather other docs and send them ASAP try to submit those documents before VO start processing your file.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers
Saki

Yes i agree with Saki, this is because the process of the file is not done right away. Please also remember you have to quote your file number when sending additional documents.

Wish you good luck.

Canadaforall.

erikvirgo

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo Transferred to LA October 5, 2011
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2010 (date recvd by CHC Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
16-02-2010 1st AOR & 120day starts
AOR Received.
04-11-2010 2nd AOR
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
File Transfer...
24-02-2010 Transfer to Buffalo VO
Med's Request
22-11-2011 (Recevied from LA VO)
Med's Done....
22-12-2011 (Received by Ottawa)
Interview........
Not requested
Passport Req..
16-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
19-03-2012
LANDED..........
31-July-2012
I second other members input that as long as it has not been in process and final determination has not been done then you should be able to add docs..if I am not mistaken that is what I understood...Good luck

Operational Bulletin 120 states the process for this issue:
Complete bulletin:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2009/ob120.asp

C) Incomplete applications

Applicants are expected to submit a complete application including supporting documents identified in the visa office specific kit. However, submissions will vary in quality and completeness. Procedures for the most common scenarios visa offices may encounter are outlined below:

•The R10 completeness check has already been done at the CIO: Although applicants must submit an application to the CIO and (if referred to a visa office for a final determination of eligibility for processing), a copy of the application to the visa office, this is one application for permanent residence and the R10 check is only done once.
•The visa office will receive and assess the applicant’s submission as-is: Visa officers should proceed directly to a final determination of eligibility against the MI. If the application is determined to be eligible for processing, the case should proceed directly to a selection decision based on the information on file.
•Insufficient evidence of meeting Ministerial Instructions: Visa officers will assess the application on the basis of the information on file. If the applicant’s submission is insufficient to determine that the application is eligible for processing, a negative determination of eligibility should be rendered.
•The sample letter in Appendix D of OP 6 should be sent to applicants who receive a negative final determination of eligibility for processing based on what they submitted within the 120 day deadline.
•Missing SELDEC documents: Visa officers will complete the final determination of eligibility on the basis of the information on file. If the application is eligible for processing, visa officers will complete the selection review based on the evidence presented. No follow-up request for the missing document is required.
Exception: Section 10.10 of OP 6 states that applicants who submit other evidence in writing that satisfies a visa officer that the applicant demonstrates language proficiency of at least Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB) 2000 benchmark 4 but not the proficiency levels claimed, should be given the opportunity to provide conclusive evidence. Visa officers should proceed in accordance with procedures outlined in section 10.10 of OP 6. Please note though, that if the other evidence in writing only satisfies a visa officer that the applicant has demonstrated language proficiency corresponding to the CLB 2000 benchmark 3, there is no requirement to invite the applicant to produce conclusive evidence.

•Missing documents / information related to admissibility: Any documents or information required to complete the admissibility review should be requested once SELDEC is passed. Missing admissibility documents should not hold up the final determination of eligibility or selection review

zabaloch

Star Member
Mar 15, 2010
Thanks folks.
I have a lot of other documents ready to be mailed which I should be doing tonight.
I am planning on writing another letter to the VO and explain them the difficulties I am facing in order to obtain a PCC from my home country.
Please respond if I should let them know ahead of time of the missing PCC or let them discover it by themselves and ask me about the PCC?

G

gte439u

zabaloch said:
Thanks folks.
I have a lot of other documents ready to be mailed which I should be doing tonight.
I am planning on writing another letter to the VO and explain them the difficulties I am facing in order to obtain a PCC from my home country.
Please respond if I should let them know ahead of time of the missing PCC or let them discover it by themselves and ask me about the PCC?
Explain to the visa officer in the letter that it will be difficult or impossible to obtain a police certificate from your home country.

precious metals

Star Member
Apr 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
if u have documents ready, then dont spare even a single second, just go and courier immediately.

PM