+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

To open refugee case

Omid Rahimi

Apr 13, 2018
I am afghan student in India. I can't go back Afghanistan. I loss my whole family due to taliban attack. I adopted by an orphanage organization and the organization bring me to India . Know the organization stopped supporting me and closed. I can't go back Afghanistan I have no one there.
So please guide me to open a refugee case or anything else..

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am afghan student in India. I can't go back Afghanistan. I loss my whole family due to taliban attack. I adopted by an orphanage organization and the organization bring me to India . Know the organization stopped supporting me and closed. I can't go back Afghanistan I have no one there.
You have two options.

The first is to obtain a TRV (tourist visa) to Canada, fly to Canada and claim asylum once you are there.

The second is to be officially recognized by UNHCR as a refugee and then be referred by UNHCR for resettlement in Canada.

Omid Rahimi

Apr 13, 2018
So, how can I find UNHCR I am in India did they have any branch in India and what is the procedure for it .
And how to get TRV ( tourist visa ).
And what is procedures for TRV .

Omid Rahimi

Apr 13, 2018
Thank you so much but for which kind of visa should I apply,like student visa, tourists visa or anything else.
And did they give visa for Afghans

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you so much but for which kind of visa should I apply,like student visa, tourists visa or anything else.
You would apply for a tourist visa (TRV). The chances of approval are likely quite low. To be approved, you need to show you have strong ties to your home country / country of residence and have no plans on remaining in Canada long term.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Realistically you probably have no chance to get a visa to Canada, since you have no ties to home country and a visa officer would suspect a very strong chance you are only applying to claim asylum here. However you can always try and see what happens. You'll need to show you have funds available to support your "vacation" in Canada and that you'd return after your status expired.

Assuming you can't get a TRV, you'll need to apply to UNHCR, get recognized as a refugee, and see what country you can possibly be resettled to. Note that it could be any safe country, not just Canada.

lawm

May 23, 2018
you may get UNHCR in india but i dont think you can transfer to thrid country any more. I have a friend who hold UNHCR card in 2008, but he never send a third country and he had 2 time interviewing. so dreaming to live in 3rd country with india UNHCR will be hopeless option for you. Try the tourist visa once and try your luck.