+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

To Maintain PR status in Canada

KHHU

Star Member
Apr 16, 2022
Hi guys,

I just got my PR two months ago. I have a question. How many years do I have to work and file tax in 5 years to keep my PR status ?

Thanks

ragolliangatan

Jun 1, 2021
Hi guys,

I just got my PR two months ago. I have a question. How many years do I have to work and file tax in 5 years to keep my PR status ?

Thanks
i think you need to be physically in Canada for at least 730 days over a 5 year period.

KHHU

Star Member
Apr 16, 2022
i think you need to be physically in Canada for at least 730 days over a 5 year period.
Look at the question carefully: "How many years do I have to work and file tax in 5 years...". What would happen If I am here and unemployed?.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Look at the question carefully: "How many years do I have to work and file tax in 5 years...". What would happen If I am here and unemployed?.
You have to file taxes even if unemployed, and doesn’t matter if you work as long as you remain in Cananda. As PR, you don’t have to work at all while in Canada.

ragolliangatan

Jun 1, 2021
yes, i did read the question and I gave you the answer that IRCC provides- maintaining PR is based on physical presence. Maybe next time instead of being condescening you go and do the research yourself rather than asking on a forum.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes, i did read the question and I gave you the answer that IRCC provides- maintaining PR is based on physical presence. Maybe next time instead of being condescening you go and do the research yourself rather than asking on a forum.
Good on ya!

KHHU

Star Member
Apr 16, 2022
Of course I did some research on my own. Dont need to remind me. My question here is just for the confirmation.