+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

to keep Permanent Rasident status.

gari

Nov 5, 2008
I have the question about Permanent Resident status.
We have Permanent Resident cards .It is valid till 2011 year.
We are in Israel now. I with my wife and our daughter were going to came Canada this year.
Unfortunately my mother is very sick. She has a very hard oncology problem.
She needs in my help. I am alone son.
If we will not come Canada next year we lose Permanent Resident status. We want to live in Canada. But we can come after next year and we do not have 730 days in Canada because of this reason. If there is some possibility to keep our Permanent Resident status if we do not live in Canada 730 days during five years and we will came Canada later.
Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

gari said:
I have the question about Permanent Resident status.
We have Permanent Resident cards .It is valid till 2011 year.
We are in Israel now. I with my wife and our daughter were going to came Canada this year.
Unfortunately my mother is very sick. She has a very hard oncology problem.
She needs in my help. I am alone son.
If we will not come Canada next year we lose Permanent Resident status. We want to live in Canada. But we can come after next year and we do not have 730 days in Canada because of this reason. If there is some possibility to keep our Permanent Resident status if we do not live in Canada 730 days during five years and we will came Canada later.
Thanks
No, it is pretty cut and dried, you either live in Canada for 2 years in every 5 year period or you lose your PR status.

PMM

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The only thing you can do is send your family to Canada while you stay with mother. They keep their PR and if you lose yours, you can appeal on humanitarian ground and if that doesn't work, your wife can sponsor you as her spouse to get PR again.

gari

Nov 5, 2008
Leon said:
The only thing you can do is send your family to Canada while you stay with mother. They keep their PR and if you lose yours, you can appeal on humanitarian ground and if that doesn't work, your wife can sponsor you as her spouse to get PR again.
At first I'd like to thank you for your answer. If I'll open small business in Canada and I'll work in Israel for this business, it work? I want to send letter about my situation but I do not know were. Maybe to CIC,or another office.
Tanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can keep PR if you are working overseas for a Canadian business but they are very specific about who is approved to do this and they will absolutely not let you keep your PR if you start a business just for the purpose of keeping your PR.

gari

Nov 5, 2008
Maybe somebody knows if there is some new about keeping permanent resident status in new rules?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There are no new rules on residency obligations. You can see the rules here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5445EA.asp