+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TO HERO MEMBERS!!!GAP IN JOB

mary83

Star Member
Apr 23, 2009
pk
dear all plz let me know.
how long can be the gap (in months) in 4 years continueous employment ?

i have accumulated 6 months (visiting foreign countries) gap in total 4 years employment,will cic give me marks for 4 years continueous employment?

Hindu_Sikh_Bro_Bro

Star Member
May 14, 2009
mary83 said:
dear all plz let me know.
how long can be the gap (in months) in 4 years continueous employment ?

i have accumulated 6 months (visiting foreign countries) gap in total 4 years employment,will cic give me marks for 4 years continueous employment?
Depends if you were on paid leave from the company during those 6 months then CIC may allow you marks for 4 years.

Hindu_Sikh_Bro_Bro

Star Member
May 14, 2009
mary83 said:
Thanks but how will i prove and convince cic that i was on paid leave?
Wage slips or tax documents showing income from the 6 months period when you were away, leave authorisation or any other evidence from the employer which confirms that you were still on their payroll when you were travelling.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hindu_Sikh_Bro_Bro said:
mary83 said:
Thanks but how will i prove and convince cic that i was on paid leave?
Wage slips or tax documents showing income from the 6 months period when you were away, leave authorisation or any other evidence from the employer which confirms that you were still on their payroll when you were travelling.
I agree with Hindu_Sikh_Bro_Bro. If you took a paid leave, any document proving that will be helpful.
Note the word PAID.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You need 1950 hours of work for a year. If you have that, no probs. Otherwise, I don't think they look too closely. If you say you worked for company X for 4 years full time and they verify with a letter without mentioning that you took 6 months off during that period, who's to know? Besides, 6 months it not that much in 4 years. Many countries in Europe have 6 weeks vacation per year. Be prepared that you will not be seeing something like that in Canada.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon said:
You need 1950 hours of work for a year. If you have that, no probs. Otherwise, I don't think they look too closely. If you say you worked for company X for 4 years full time and they verify with a letter without mentioning that you took 6 months off during that period, who's to know? Besides, 6 months it not that much in 4 years. Many countries in Europe have 6 weeks vacation per year. Be prepared that you will not be seeing something like that in Canada.
I also agree with Leon. Normally, a company (in Europe ) gives you an annual paid leave of 4-6 Weeks. (depending on the Length of service and age). (Age-in Germany). And it is part of your continuous employment.

Take for Example a Teacher. Most of them break up together with their students, don't they?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Teachers supposedly work off their long vacation over the winter or so they say ;)

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon said:
Teachers supposedly work off their long vacation over the winter or so they say ;)
Leon, Ich Weiss es nicht. Vieleicht. :) Schone Grusse aus dem UK.

mary83

Star Member
Apr 23, 2009
pk
Thanks leon + bobbyb + hindu_sikh_bro_bro for your prompt reply

i hope it wont b a problem for me,and i have to mention the leave as wel because i will mention my 6 months leave to foreighn countries in the application form where we have to list all activities after 18.
But i think in employer's letter it will be mentioned that i was on paid leave.