+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

To flagpole or not to: PGWP

Feb 12, 2017
Hi, Hope you are fine.
Question- If we have left less than 6 months of post-graduate work permit left can we go to our home country and still can come back ?

Thank you for your kind reply

Azsheereen

Dec 22, 2022
Hello all !! I just graduated and my study permit will expire on Dec 31st and I need to either apply for a PGWP at the border or online. Do you recommend I go to the border? Applying online entails waiting 5 months for the PGWP, which a friend of mine told me. I really am lost and don’t know what to do because I’ve been told it’s somewhat of a gamble going to the border.. also on the government website, there is no mention of a change in service hours due to the holidays, that’s another issue. I am worried about whether refusal at the border will affect the online application. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much guys and happy holidays

Azsheereen

Dec 22, 2022
Thank you got it!!!
have a nice weekend
Hello all !! I just graduated and my study permit will expire on Dec 31st and I need to either apply for a PGWP at the border or online. Do you recommend I go to the border? Applying online entails waiting 5 months for the PGWP, which a friend of mine told me. I really am lost and don’t know what to do because I’ve been told it’s somewhat of a gamble going to the border.. also on the government website, there is no mention of a change in service hours due to the holidays, that’s another issue. I am worried about whether refusal at the border will affect the online application. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much guys and happy holidays

soh.aa

Jan 11, 2021
Hi Everyone,

So I am thinking of flag polling. However, I have also applied online for the PGWP. So my question is that will the officers at the border have my information about my online application? Or do I need to pay the application fees of $255 again? Let me know.
Update?