+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

To Expertise, to provide Landing tips for a family

Acrossit

Jul 27, 2011
Dear Expertise,

Hope you all in best health.

I am planning to do my landing in Halifax before end of this year with my family (wife & 5 Kids). I will appreciate your kind help and support to provide some information and tips which helps and make landing process easy.
1. In the POE the officer will ask for the amount mentioned in the application, Do I have to carry this amount as cash amount.
2. To Follow List: Please I need your advice for the items you think can be included in this list, I believe everything is available in Canada but with your experience maybe i can write some items. For the information, I am coming from Kuwait.
3. What I need to do to and where to go to complete the PR Card Process and is there any process for the medical insurance. landing trip should be considered as business trip or can be a relaxation trip.
4. I was searching to rend a 3 bedrooms furnished apartment for 2 weeks, i was unable to find anything through the internet, anyone knows an agency for these services, please inform me.

I will appreciate your replies and please do not hesitate to provide any other notes which can make our trip easy and enjoyable.

Thank you all.

SATDXB

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Aug-09
Doc's Request.
02-Oct-09
File Transfer...
06-Oct-09
Med's Request
18-08-10
Med's Done....
09-09-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-01-2011 - Passport sent on 22-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2011
LANDED..........
19th May 2011- Thanks to Almighty!
Acrossit said:
Dear Expertise,

I am planning to do my landing in Halifax before end of this year with my family (wife & 5 Kids). I will appreciate your kind help and support to provide some information and tips which helps and make landing process easy.
1. In the POE the officer will ask for the amount mentioned in the application, Do I have to carry this amount as cash amount.
Yes , u have to carry the required POF at the time of landing. It can be in cash, bank draft or travelers chqs.
2. To Follow List: Please I need your advice for the items you think can be included in this list, I believe everything is available in Canada but with your experience maybe i can write some items. For the information, I am coming from Kuwait.
No harm in adding all items in the list. Later its up to you to carry them or not.
3. What I need to do to and where to go to complete the PR Card Process and is there any process for the medical insurance. landing trip should be considered as business trip or can be a relaxation trip.

PR card process will be completed at the airport by the immigration officer. For SIN card, you will have to visit near by SERVICE CANADA office. Do you mean HEALTH card? or Travelling Insurance? Better to get a Travelling Insurance before travelling.
http://www.metlifealico.com.kw/en/Individual/Find-Our-Products/Travel-Insurance/index.html

For me the landing trip was a relaxation trip, seeing and enjoying the beauty of Canada.

4. I was searching to rend a 3 bedrooms furnished apartment for 2 weeks, i was unable to find anything through the internet, anyone knows an agency for these services, please inform me.

http://www.247apartments.com/rentals/Nova-Scotia/Halifax.asp
http://halifax.kijiji.ca/c-real-estate-apartments-condos-2-bedroom-Summer-Gardens-Condominium-Apartment-W0QQAdIdZ307662759

I will appreciate your replies and please do not hesitate to provide any other notes which can make our trip easy and enjoyable.

Thank you all.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Acrossit said:
Dear Expertise,

Thank you all.
Hi,

SARDXB has already answered to your questions.

As you are living in Kuwait, and you are planning to land in Canada in extreme cold weather, I suggest you to bring one or two good winter jackets - not the lite ones - preferably genuine leather or synthetic leather - with hood, a pair of Cap balaclava ( slang - monkey cap ) one or two pairs of good quality winter gloves (leather outer better ), two three pairs of winter socks, etc, which is for chilly weather.
Of course you can get all these stuff in Canada but as soon as you arrive you have to move out side on a public transport.Therefore you may need to wait in the bus station or open street and in sub way stations. Until you go for shopping in any good malls you have to manage. You don't need to bring any other items more than your daily use (personal items ).

If you want to add in the B4 form you can just say winter clothing and gents dress -( one or two box) CAD xxx ( approx value )

If you are with normal health no need for medical insurance for 3 months. You can bring some of your regular medicines ( like paracetamol, antihistamine...etc ) with you, if you need.

Acrossit

Jul 27, 2011
Dears SATDXB & Wilson,

Thank you for your kind replies. your advice are really valuable and i will follow. If any other notes you have, Please do not hesitate to send it to me.

Best regards to both of you and all members of this great forum.