+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TN Visa process and WES for USA

kunishsa

Oct 30, 2012
Hi All

Greetings. I am a Canadian citizen currently living in Ottawa working as an IT consultant. I got an offer from USA company. So I need to get my TN Visa.

I am planning to visit the border to get my visa stamped. I had seen several threads and posts in the forums discussing about TN visa. However I had started this thread to know any recent applicants who had done this process to understand the current procedure (July, 2023) from the previous threads (which are couple of years older).

Following are my questions.

1) What are the additional supporting documents I need to carry apart from Offer letter, CV, Canadian passport, Educational transcripts (from WES for US equivalent)?

2) Do we need to carry Citizenship certificate?

3) Do I have to carry my experiences from Canada? As I mentioned earlier, I am a consultant working on my own incorporation. So I will not have any experience letters from companies like a full time employee. I have the POs of my contracts though. Can I carry POs of my work for past few years?

4) Is WES mandatory? How long would it take? What kind of WES evaluation is needed as they have multiple categories to chose from (Employment purpose, Immigration purpose, Visa purpose, document by document, transcript by transcript etc.)

5) What are the reasons for rejections? What kind of job role would be best suited for TN visa in case of an IT programmer (software engineer or support analyst or software developer etc.)

6) What is the best way to contact JNTU Hyderabad for marks memos as they need to send the documents to WES directly it seems?

7) Any additional supporting documents like property details, self employment incorporation details, kids educational transcripts, bank accounts, utility bills etc. to establish the intent of returning to Canada after the job in USA is done?

8) How long this entire process would take? I have not started any process yet and I just received the offer letter. But the employer might not wait if this TN visa process takes too long. So, Is there anyway to expedite the process?

Your help would be much appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,
Nishsa

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi All

Greetings. I am a Canadian citizen currently living in Ottawa working as an IT consultant. I got an offer from USA company. So I need to get my TN Visa.

I am planning to visit the border to get my visa stamped. I had seen several threads and posts in the forums discussing about TN visa. However I had started this thread to know any recent applicants who had done this process to understand the current procedure (July, 2023) from the previous threads (which are couple of years older).

Following are my questions.

1) What are the additional supporting documents I need to carry apart from Offer letter, CV, Canadian passport, Educational transcripts (from WES for US equivalent)?

2) Do we need to carry Citizenship certificate?

3) Do I have to carry my experiences from Canada? As I mentioned earlier, I am a consultant working on my own incorporation. So I will not have any experience letters from companies like a full time employee. I have the POs of my contracts though. Can I carry POs of my work for past few years?

4) Is WES mandatory? How long would it take? What kind of WES evaluation is needed as they have multiple categories to chose from (Employment purpose, Immigration purpose, Visa purpose, document by document, transcript by transcript etc.)

5) What are the reasons for rejections? What kind of job role would be best suited for TN visa in case of an IT programmer (software engineer or support analyst or software developer etc.)

6) What is the best way to contact JNTU Hyderabad for marks memos as they need to send the documents to WES directly it seems?

7) Any additional supporting documents like property details, self employment incorporation details, kids educational transcripts, bank accounts, utility bills etc. to establish the intent of returning to Canada after the job in USA is done?

8) How long this entire process would take? I have not started any process yet and I just received the offer letter. But the employer might not wait if this TN visa process takes too long. So, Is there anyway to expedite the process?

Your help would be much appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,
Nishsa
Post your question to the below section of the forum. You most likely won't get any answers here.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/forums/h-1b-holders-in-the-u-s.59/

Reactions: kunishsa