+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TN Visa for American

toGuy

Feb 17, 2010
Hi there. My girlfriend is looking to move to Canada and work on a temporary basis, and I can't seem to find official confirmation about the availability of TN visas in Canada. Do the job categories match up with the ones available for Canadians going to the US?

Also, any anecdotal evidence about which categories are red-flagged, etc? Have gone through the process the other direction personally 7 times, but now back in Canada. I know that the US.gov is getting MUCH more strict with the visas in general now, and that a TN application in certain categories (Computer Analyst, Management Consultant) garners some real scrutiny. Can I expect the same process and same scrutiny by the CAN.gov border agents? Any advice, above and beyond being prepared?

Thanks,

P

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
toGuy said:
Hi there. My girlfriend is looking to move to Canada and work on a temporary basis, and I can't seem to find official confirmation about the availability of TN visas in Canada. Do the job categories match up with the ones available for Canadians going to the US?

Also, any anecdotal evidence about which categories are red-flagged, etc? Have gone through the process the other direction personally 7 times, but now back in Canada. I know that the US.gov is getting MUCH more strict with the visas in general now, and that a TN application in certain categories (Computer Analyst, Management Consultant) garners some real scrutiny. Can I expect the same process and same scrutiny by the CAN.gov border agents? Any advice, above and beyond being prepared?

Thanks,

P
Can I buy a vowel? :) Not all people are tech savvy and if you would give the proper term before giving the acronym then more people will be able to help :)

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

toGuy said:

Thanks,

P

See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/fw/fw01-eng.pdf Appendix G list the NAFTA exempt categories. These days really have to proof that the job falls under the NAFTA provisions.

PMM