+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tired of living illegally :: Suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Sunnahsmile

Apr 23, 2012
Hi everyone!

I've been living in the United states ( Illegally ) for the last 4-5 years. I came to this country legally back in 2002 and applied for my green card... Got it approved half way but things went wrong with my wife and screwed up everything for me.

I'm going back to school and working on my Computer science Engineering and i have a couple of more years to go! I'm 28 years old and trying very hard to fix my way of life. Tired of living illegally and in fear! I've been working at Gas stations and cell phone stores on Cash. I have an IT consulting company as well which i handle it remotely as workers and partner are all overseas!

My biggest question is how do i get migrated to Canada? I'm willing to leave today and pursue my degree in Canada. Do i have any chance to migrate?

Suggestions and any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Coming here as a student isn't going to work - I wouldn't even bother applying unfortunately. To be approved for a student visa, you have to demonstrate that you have strong ties to your home country and have no plans to remain in Canada long term. It simply won't be possible for you to prove this given your illegal status in the US.

I think your best bet is to hopefully find an immigration stream to qualify for and apply to immigrate here as a permanent resident. Start reading here about the immigration streams (note: ignore Canadian Experience Class - this is for people who have work experience in Canada):

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp

Note that once you leave the US you will be banned from re-entering for 10 years. Hopefully you won't be leaving any family behind there who you will want to visit.

Carlotina

Sep 27, 2011
This is a very well know Immigration Lawyer Firm at Canada (could be a different one), that advice illegal individuals in the United States (abrams & krochak) google it. There some posts in this forum that have said before about illegal status is not a problem to apply for a Canadian Permanent Residence, but you have make sure if you qualify since they decreased the occupations to 29 and if I'm not wrong IT professionals is not in the list anymore, anyways give it a try and check if you qualify. Wish you the best :).