Med's Request
17-06-2015
Med's Done....
08-07-2015
Passport Req..
30-07-2015
LANDED..........
17-08-2015
I have a question for anyone who can help me!

I am about to apply for PR under CEC in May and my work permit expires on may 31st. I have open work permit as a spouse. But my husbands WP also expires on May 31st.

If I'm principal aplicant under CEC, does that mean that I have right to apply for BOWP and he doesnt? Or Im not reading this right: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob485A.asp??

Can somebody please advise, because I was told that we both can apply for BOWP and now I dont know what is right thing to do!

Thank You!

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
in the section, fill 10 years of history on BOWP
should it be exact the same copy of what i filled on my Federal goverment application for PR?

i dont possess the copy of it ..

horvathc

Star Member
Nov 18, 2013
Canada, Alberta, Fort McMurray
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2013
AOR Received.
21-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
18-03-2014
Med's Done....
16-04-2014
Passport Req..
None - Visa exempt country
LANDED..........
23-08-2014
ljiljka007 said:
I have a question for anyone who can help me!

I am about to apply for PR under CEC in May and my work permit expires on may 31st. I have open work permit as a spouse. But my husbands WP also expires on May 31st.

If I'm principal aplicant under CEC, does that mean that I have right to apply for BOWP and he doesnt? Or Im not reading this right: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob485A.asp??

Can somebody please advise, because I was told that we both can apply for BOWP and now I dont know what is right thing to do!

Thank You!
Hi,
Only the principal applicant can apply for a BOWP, but a spouse can get an Open Work permit too. ;)

ljiljka007

Jan 3, 2013
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2014
Doc's Request.
sent PCC for spouse on Oct 20, without request
AOR Received.
06/24/2014
IELTS Request
with application
Med's Request
17-06-2015
Med's Done....
08-07-2015
Passport Req..
30-07-2015
LANDED..........
17-08-2015
horvathc said:
Hi,
Only the principal applicant can apply for a BOWP, but a spouse can get an Open Work permit too. ;)
So I'm applying for BOWP, and my spouse for Open Work Permit?! :)

Thanks for the help ;)

arowberry

Nov 25, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
Med's Request
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
03-10-2014
LANDED..........
27-11-2014
Hi All,

My CEC PR application arrived in Nova Scotia on 17 March 2014. My current IEC visa expires 2 April 2014.

I need to apply for a BOWP, but probably won't receive my AOR until mid next month. Within the next couple of days, I will mail my BOWP application to Vegreville to ensure that I am on 'implied status' until I receive the BOWP. I am applying by mail as the processing time is longer and therefore it is more likely that I will have my AOR by the time the BOWP application is processed.

In my application, I am including:
- A letter of explanation (given below)
- A copy of bulletin 485-A
- A copy of the work experience letter sent as part of the CEC application.
- IMM5710
- Scan of my passport

My letter of explanation is as follows:

Please find enclosed my application for a Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP) in accordance with Operation Bulletin 485-A.
My current open work permit is set to expire on April 2, 2014. By submitting this application, I understand I will be on implied status until a decision is made.

I originally submitted an application for Permanent Residency (PR) under the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) on January 10, 2014. The immigration office in Sydney (Nova Scotia) were satisfied with my work experience (almost 2 years) but returned my application due to a missing form. Unfortunately Canada Post delivered my returned application to the wrong address, leading to a delay of a month.

My revised application was completed as soon as possible, and was received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on March 17, 2014.
At the date of this application, I have not yet received the Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR). I expect to receive this around mid-April.
As a result, I kindly ask that at the time of processing my application for the BOWP, you check my CEC application status and AOR under my Client ID number XXXX-XXXX or contact me to request a copy of the AOR.

I am seeking a BOWP, however I am currently employed by XXXX, who would like me to continue working for them indefinitely (subject to me receiving legal clearance). I have enclosed a copy of the reference that was used in my PR application.

I will be eternally grateful if someone is able to provide answers to the following questions:

(1) How do I pay for the BOWP application? (when submitting the application by mail)
(2) Is 'CPC Vegreville, Work Permit, 6212 55th Avenue, Unit 555, Vegreville, AB, T9C 1X6' the correct mailing address? (specifically, is the unit correct)
(3) Do I need to include photos?
(4) Does my letter of explanation read ok?
(5) Do I need to complete and include IMM5707?

Thank you for your help once again!

shadymo

Nov 9, 2013
KevinSong said:
click on delete button for sections you didn't upload any, especially in Support document section. if there is still a blank section, the system basically waiting for more docs and doesn't let you go next step.
Right on! I deleted all files and re-uploaded. It worked like a charm! :D

Thanks for your help

Felix14

Star Member
Nov 7, 2013
Want to ask help for this one guys,

When i upload imm5710 it says

Validation error:

Your status expiry date in the answer provided previously does not correspond
To the restoration in your form. Modify your answers or the value in your form.

This is after i validate the imm5710 anybody experienced this before

Thanks

rajjj

Oct 12, 2010
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
Doc's Request.
FEE PAID ONLINE
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
05- 04-2013
IELTS Request
yes
horvathc said:
Hi,
I'm not sure how could you be lost there, normally it is very easy to follow.

You log in to your MyCIC account, upload your documents, then review the summary, and then you pay online and after you can submit it. If you can not continue, then something should me missing I guess....
Hello please do I need to add cover letter or its optional

Pichon

Star Member
Sep 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2013
AOR Received.
10-02-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
28-07-2014
Med's Done....
21-08-2014
Hi guys,
I re-posted this from another place because nobody could give me any answer.
My application was received ~3 months ago (if according to CIC processing time is 13 months, I still have ~8-10 months to wait). My current work permit expire September 30th 2014, I can apply for BOWP already in June, but I would like to wait a bit, maybe till August, to get a BOWP for a longer time, until August 2015. But then I am thinking, it will be ~8 months when my application will be sent or in process. And I've heard that around 6-8 months people start receiving some feedback from CIC on their applications. Of course I hope for the best, but what if I get rejected before even applying for BOWP? When is the earliest I can expect any communication from CIC? After 6 months? 8 months? I know it is different for everyone, but there must be some kind of trend. What would you suggest? Apply for BOWP as soon as I will become eligible (~June), or wait a bit more? I am scared to lose the opportunity to get BOWP just because I waited too long.. :(

horvathc

Star Member
Nov 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2013
AOR Received.
21-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
18-03-2014
Med's Done....
16-04-2014
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
23-08-2014
rajjj said:
Hello please do I need to add cover letter or its optional
Sorry for the late answer, I was busy with work.
Cover letter is optional but it's good to have. It's very easy, you just shortly describe your situation, there are several good examples of this...

Good luck! :)

horvathc

Star Member
Nov 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2013
AOR Received.
21-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
18-03-2014
Med's Done....
16-04-2014
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
23-08-2014
Pichon said:
Hi guys,
I re-posted this from another place because nobody could give me any answer.
My application was received ~3 months ago (if according to CIC processing time is 13 months, I still have ~8-10 months to wait). My current work permit expire September 30th 2014, I can apply for BOWP already in June, but I would like to wait a bit, maybe till August, to get a BOWP for a longer time, until August 2015. But then I am thinking, it will be ~8 months when my application will be sent or in process. And I've heard that around 6-8 months people start receiving some feedback from CIC on their applications. Of course I hope for the best, but what if I get rejected before even applying for BOWP? When is the earliest I can expect any communication from CIC? After 6 months? 8 months? I know it is different for everyone, but there must be some kind of trend. What would you suggest? Apply for BOWP as soon as I will become eligible (~June), or wait a bit more? I am scared to lose the opportunity to get BOWP just because I waited too long.. :(
I would say not wait too much, but you do not have to hurry. I applied for my BOWP 3 month before he expiry date and I had it within a month. So if you apply in July it would be safe but if I were you I were not waiting more. In July your application will be received about since 7 months so 1 more year should be enough to have the decision and you'll not have it earlier, so do not worry. ;)

bettyitaly

Sep 8, 2012
Hello everyone, I would like to ask you if I'm getting this straight:
I'm applying for a BOWP, I've received the File Number from CIO so my CEC application has been sent to the next step.
So far, this is what I'm learning from this topic:

Question 3 - A work permit with same employer

under "Details of intended work in Canada":

Question 1 - Open Work Permit
Question 2 - BOWP Application (should I actually write "BOWP Application"??)
Question 3 to 7 - blank

Am I right?
To me, writing "BOWP Application" seems like making confusion and CIC officers usually reject what demands more than 3 seconds focusing.

Thanks in advance for your replies!

horvathc

Star Member
Nov 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2013
AOR Received.
21-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
18-03-2014
Med's Done....
16-04-2014
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
23-08-2014
bettyitaly said:
Hello everyone, I would like to ask you if I'm getting this straight:
I'm applying for a BOWP, I've received the File Number from CIO so my CEC application has been sent to the next step.
So far, this is what I'm learning from this topic:

Question 3 - A work permit with same employer I've selected "An initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer", but this choice is also good. However BOWP is always open, so it's not connected to any employer.

under "Details of intended work in Canada":

Question 1 - Open Work Permit Correct
Question 2 - BOWP Application (should I actually write "BOWP Application"??) I wrote: Briding Open Work Permit - NOT APPLICABLE, so it's good. I mentioned in my cover letter the Operational Bulletin 485-A and the link for that: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob485A.asp
Question 3 to 7 - blank Correct

Am I right?
To me, writing "BOWP Application" seems like making confusion and CIC officers usually reject what demands more than 3 seconds focusing.

Thanks in advance for your replies!
Hi,
See my comments in red. ;)

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
canadacec2012 said:
Hi deepahuja,

Details of Intended work in Canada

Q1- Open Work Permit
Q2 -BOWP application - Not Applicable
Q3 to Q7 - Blank