+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for a successful BOWP application

peachie

Star Member
Jun 25, 2011
The digital photo size, do I just give the measurements as an example, to London Drug Store? is it the same size as the PR requirement?

user2000

Oct 1, 2013
Hi Guys,

I'm applying for BOWP.

Currently I'm on a closed WP and my wife on Open WP in addition to that my daughter 4 yrs old holding a visitor visa (she registered on my wife work permit document).

I'm going to apply by mail, so my questions:

1- I filled the form IMM5710E by adding my information and my wife as well, so do I need to fill separated applications for my wife and my daughter as well?

2- Regarding the fees, should I pay $150 or ($150 x 3)

3- I will write 1 cover letter for my application, is there need to have separated one for my wife as well?!

I just need to make sure getting the correct situation for my family

Many Thanks
Sam

upwardspiral

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-01-2013
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
Med's Request
03-12-2013
Med's Done....
17-12-2013
Passport Req..
23-12-2013
iam_toby said:
Any news on your application? ???
No, still the same. I don't expect anything for another ten days looking at the processing times - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp
I was hoping it would go faster considering my eligibility is done :)

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
upwardspiral said:
No, still the same. I don't expect anything for another ten days looking at the processing times - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp
I was hoping it would go faster considering my eligibility is done :)
I got mine approved today. Checked the MyCIC account this morning and it said 'Application has been approved'.
Haven't received an email or a message in my MyCIC account yet tho.

KevinSong

Star Member
Jul 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2013
Doc's Request.
08-05-2014 (additional doc request)
Med's Request
08-06-2014
Med's Done....
20-06-2014
Passport Req..
visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
copr on 16-07-2014
LANDED..........
16-07-2014 at pacific highway
leothelion123 said:
Hi Experts

Apart from the application form, work permit copy and covering letter - do I need to submit any other document?

Thanks
The answer is.."Please read the document check list carefully." CIC wants something else for sure. sorry I don't feel like telling you the exact documents you need but want to kindly ask you to read the document check list. It contains all the info you need kn ow.I am sure that reading the check list will be a good start and opportunity for you as a CEC applicant and....

"No pain, No gain" :)

user2000

Oct 1, 2013
user2000 said:
Hi Guys,

I'm applying for BOWP.

Currently I'm on a closed WP and my wife on Open WP in addition to that my daughter 4 yrs old holding a visitor visa (she registered on my wife work permit document).

1- I filled the form IMM5710E by adding my information and my wife as well, so do I need to fill separated applications for my wife and my daughter as well?

3- I will write 1 cover letter for my application, is there need to have separated one for my wife as well?!

I just need to make sure getting the correct situation for my family

Many Thanks
Sam
Hello Guys, any advices regarding this?! Thanks

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
I'll have a crack at it...

user2000 said:
Hi Guys,

I'm applying for BOWP.

The BOWP application is for you individually, as "the principal applicant on an application for permanent residence" (see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob485A.asp). There's no need to provide information about them other than what the application forms ask.

As for what separate immigration services your family might need, I can't comment on this because you haven't stated what their circumstances are. For example, if your wife requires a new work permit, she could apply for a spousal open work permit AFTER you are granted your BOWP, or she could apply for a BOWP herself (but only if she is a principal applicant for PR too).

user2000 said:
$150 for your BOWP application.

user2000 said:
See above.

user2000

Oct 1, 2013
LPS said:
I'll have a crack at it...

The BOWP application is for you individually, as "the principal applicant on an application for permanent residence" (see cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob485A.asp....). There's no need to provide information about them other than what the application forms ask.

As for what separate immigration services your family might need, I can't comment on this because you haven't stated what their circumstances are. For example, if your wife requires a new work permit, she could apply for a spousal open work permit AFTER you are granted your BOWP, or she could apply for a BOWP herself (but only if she is a principal applicant for PR too).

$150 for your BOWP application.

See above.
Thank you LPS for your feedback.

My wife is here in Canada with OWP visa that will ends with my close work permit end date, my daughter is on a visa visitor ends with my closed work permit date

So what I was thinking is to apply for both of them with my application but can't guarantee which application is suitable for both of them?!!

What do you think?!

KevinSong

Star Member
Jul 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2013
Doc's Request.
08-05-2014 (additional doc request)
Med's Request
08-06-2014
Med's Done....
20-06-2014
Passport Req..
visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
copr on 16-07-2014
LANDED..........
16-07-2014 at pacific highway
Hey toby- just so you know, I got a hard copy today. It took 6 days as I live in vancouver bc. Hope you get yours soon