+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for a successful BOWP application

Khu12345

Aug 12, 2016
cmoncanada said:
No. That's regarding LMIA.
Thank you again. I have filed the form and have been asked to upload certain documents among those are proof of medical exam, which is a required field and schedule 1 - application of temporary resident visa made outside Canada, as an optional document requirement. I did my medicals for PR however, does not have a copy of the records. please advise.

also, do i need to fill the schedule 1 for TRV? My current work permit and TRV expire together in June 2017

cmoncanada

Mar 22, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
Med's Done....
20/03/2017
Khu12345 said:
Thank you again. I have filed the form and have been asked to upload certain documents among those are proof of medical exam, which is a required field and schedule 1 - application of temporary resident visa made outside Canada, as an optional document requirement. I did my medicals for PR however, does not have a copy of the records. please advise.

also, do i need to fill the schedule 1 for TRV? My current work permit and TRV expire together in June 2017
For the proof of medical exam, if you've done one for the PR you can use the same. If you don't have it on your records, try contacting the place you've done it.

For the optional document, you don't need it.

You will apply for the work permit only and when you receive it, there will be a line on it saying that your previous TRV should still be considered as valid.

Manishdwivedi

Mar 6, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-Feb-2017
Med's Done....
28-Feb-2017
hasankhan27 said:
Hello,
I also have the same question?

I have got an AOR under EE and wish to apply for a BOWP. I am currently employed and will continue to work for the same employer even after I get the BOWP.

What option to choose for the following question;

3. I am applying for the one or more of the following;

- A work permit with the same employer
- An intitial work permit or a work permit with a new wmployer
- Restoration of your status as a worker
- Temporary Residcent Permit

Please help!
If you are on closed work permit you should be selecting "An intitial work permit or a work permit with a new employer" ..this will allow you to get WP without any employer and you can do job search in case your current employer don't allow

Khu12345

Aug 12, 2016
Hello Everyone,

I am in the process of applying for BOWP and needed clarification on the "letter of explanation". Could anyone please suggest what address should the letter be addressed to?

Thanks in Advance

cmoncanada

Mar 22, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
Med's Done....
20/03/2017
Khu12345 said:
Hello Everyone,

I am in the process of applying for BOWP and needed clarification on the "letter of explanation". Could anyone please suggest what address should the letter be addressed to?

Thanks in Advance
That's where you will upload your AOR. You don't need to address that to anyone.

Khu12345

Aug 12, 2016
cmoncanada said:
That's where you will upload your AOR. You don't need to address that to anyone.
Thanks. I checked all the messages in this post and someone suggested to put the address as follows. I am confused now, please advise. I am short on timeline and just trying to make sure I don't miss any detail.

Citizenship & Immigration – Work Permit
CPC – Vegreville
6212 – 55th Avenue – Unit 202
Vegreville, AB, T9C 1X6

hasankhan27

Jun 23, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-Dec-2017
Manishdwivedi said:
If you are on closed work permit you should be selecting "An intitial work permit or a work permit with a new employer" ..this will allow you to get WP without any employer and you can do job search in case your current employer don't allow
Thanks for the answer. I have already applied for the BOWP on March 10.

I choose "the same employer" though. I am currently on an open work permit.

hasankhan27

Jun 23, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-Dec-2017
Khu12345 said:
Hello Everyone,

Thanks in Advance
Here a few templates for you, hope it helps......

NAME XXX
Address
Phone: +1-(XXX)-XXX-XXXX
Email : XXXXX @ gmail.com

Date: DD-MON-YYY

TO
Consular Officer
Consulate General of Canada
Immigration Section

RE: BOWP Application

Dear Consular Officer,
I, NameXXX, have been working in Canada since DD-MM-YYY for XYZ Inc on Work Permit. I have submitted Application for Permanent Residence in Canada (CEC) and received an AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt). I am applying for a bridging open work permit as per OB485.
---Mentioned Spouse details if you are applying for Spouse BOWP
OB485 (Operational Bulletin 485 - December 15, 2012)-http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob485.asp
Please find the below details of my CEC application.
UCI: XXXX/Application Number : XXXXX
Enclosed are following documents to validate.
1. The Acknowledgement of Receipt letter/e-mail has been sent from CIO.
2. My latest work Permit with which I am working in Ontario, Canada.
I request you to kindly consider this, as part of the documents required for processing my BOWP application.
Yours Sincerely,
XXX XXX
(Applicant)

Dear Sir / Madam,

[SUB: APPLICATION FOR BRIDGING OPEN WORK PERMIT]

I and my wife are applying for the Bridging Open Work Permit available for the Permanent Residence applicants, falling under the Economic Classes category.
I am the principal applicant and I am currently working in XXXX_LOCATION, XXXX_RPOVINCE as a XXX_JOB_TITLE, on a closed work permit. My current work permit expires on XXXX_DATE.

I have applied for Permanent Residence in Canada under the Canadian Experience Class.
I have received the Acknowledge of Receipt e-mail from the Central Intake Office in Sydney.
Our application details are:
Principal Applicant’s first name: XXXXX
Principal Applicant’s Last name: XXXXXKam
Spouse First name: XXXXXXX
Spouse Last name: XXXXXXXX
Application number: XXXXXXXX
Client ID: XXXXXXXX.
Principal Applicant’s Date of Birth: XXXXXXXX
Spouse Date of Birth: XXXXXXXX

Residential Address: XXXXXXXX

I came to know about the bridging open work permit from www.cic.gc.ca. I have read through the operational bulletin available at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob485.asp

Thanks
XXXXXXXX
Mobile - Phone No

Make a PDF with all below THREE LETTERS IN A SINGLE PDF.

1. COVER ETTER (which is below)

2. AOR EMAIL THAT YOU RECEIVED FROM CENTERALIZED INTAKE OFFICE

3. Current Valid WORKPERMIT
---------------------------------------------------------------

APPLICATION FOR BRIDGE OPEN WORK PERMIT

NAME: Full Name

Address: Full Mailing Address (Your Address)

Email : XXXXXXX @ gmail.com
Date: XX-XX-XXXX

TO

Consular Officer
Immigration Section

RE: BRIDGE OPEN WORK PERMIT Application

Dear Consular Officer,

I, FULL NAME, applying for a Bridge open work permit as my current post-graduate work permit is expiring on Month/Date/Year. I have submitted Application for Permanent Residence in Canada (CEC) and received an AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt) from centralized intake office on Month/Date/year

UCI: XXXXXXXX

Application: EXXXXXXXXX

Please find submitted my application for a Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP) in accordance with Operation
Bulletin 485.

1. The Acknowledgement of Receipt e-mail that has been sent from CIO.
2. My current work Permit which is valid until March 16 2014.

I request you to kindly consider this, as part of the documents required for processing my BOWP application.

Yours Sincerely,

FULL NAME

Reactions: info78

Khu12345

Aug 12, 2016
hasankhan27 said:

NAME XXX
Address

TO
Consular Officer
Immigration Section

Dear Consular Officer,
I, NameXXX, have been working in Canada since DD-MM-YYY for XYZ Inc on Work Permit. I have submitted Application for Permanent Residence in Canada (CEC) and received an AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt). I am applying for a bridging open work permit as per OB485.
OB485 (Operational Bulletin 485 - December 15, 2012)-http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob485.asp
Yours Sincerely,
XXX XXX
(Applicant)

Dear Sir / Madam,

I and my wife are applying for the Bridging Open Work Permit available for the Permanent Residence applicants, falling under the Economic Classes category.
I am the principal applicant and I am currently working in XXXX_LOCATION, XXXX_RPOVINCE as a XXX_JOB_TITLE, on a closed work permit. My current work permit expires on XXXX_DATE.

I have applied for Permanent Residence in Canada under the Canadian Experience Class.
I have received the Acknowledge of Receipt e-mail from the Central Intake Office in Sydney.

I came to know about the bridging open work permit from www.cic.gc.ca. I have read through the operational bulletin available at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob485.asp

Thanks
XXXXXXXX
Mobile - Phone No

TO

Consular Officer
Immigration Section

Dear Consular Officer,

I, FULL NAME, applying for a Bridge open work permit as my current post-graduate work permit is expiring on Month/Date/Year. I have submitted Application for Permanent Residence in Canada (CEC) and received an AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt) from centralized intake office on Month/Date/year

Please find submitted my application for a Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP) in accordance with Operation
Bulletin 485.

Yours Sincerely,

FULL NAME
Thank you so much. This is indeed very helpful.

so we need to address the letter to counselor office, Immigration section and not the one mentioned below. I got the below address from this forum and not sure if its still valid.

CPC – Vegreville
Vegreville, AB, T9C 1X6

Khu12345

Aug 12, 2016
cmoncanada said:
For the proof of medical exam, if you've done one for the PR you can use the same. If you don't have it on your records, try contacting the place you've done it.

For the optional document, you don't need it.

You will apply for the work permit only and when you receive it, there will be a line on it saying that your previous TRV should still be considered as valid.
Hi, I tried contacting the place from where I did my medicals but i get a response that reports are only available to CIC and a copy cannot be shared with the applicant unless there is some problem in medicals. Please advise what should i do...i am short on timeline and really worried.

cmoncanada

Mar 22, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
Med's Done....
20/03/2017
Khu12345 said:
Hi, I tried contacting the place from where I did my medicals but i get a response that reports are only available to CIC and a copy cannot be shared with the applicant unless there is some problem in medicals. Please advise what should i do...i am short on timeline and really worried.
You don't need the actual report. You need a proof you've done it.

hasankhan27

Jun 23, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-Dec-2017
Khu12345 said:
Thank you so much. This is indeed very helpful.

so we need to address the letter to counselor office, Immigration section and not the one mentioned below. I got the below address from this forum and not sure if its still valid.

CPC – Vegreville
Vegreville, AB, T9C 1X6
Not a prob.

I really don't think that it matters too much as to what address you use. This seems more like a formality, because the LOE you will submit will be linked to your application, so it will go automatically to concerned immigration personnel.

hasankhan27

Jun 23, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-Dec-2017
Khu12345 said:
You don't need a 'report' to submit with your application. What you need is a proof that you have given the medical at that medical clinic.

This is the paper you get from them once you are done with the medical. I don't see a problem, with them issuing you that.

Khu12345

Aug 12, 2016
hasankhan27 said:
You don't need a 'report' to submit with your application. What you need is a proof that you have given the medical at that medical clinic.

This is the paper you get from them once you are done with the medical. I don't see a problem, with them issuing you that.
Thanks again.

The application form needs document number of the original work permit. there are so many numbers on the permit, which one is the document number. UCI? Application? or the number in red at the right top corner of the permit. please advise.

JT231016

Apr 2, 2017
hasankhan27 said:

NAME XXX
Address

TO
Consular Officer
Immigration Section

Dear Consular Officer,
OB485 (Operational Bulletin 485 - December 15, 2012)
Yours Sincerely,
XXX XXX
(Applicant)

Dear Sir / Madam,

Thanks
XXXXXXXX
Mobile - Phone No

TO

Consular Officer
Immigration Section

Dear Consular Officer,

Bulletin 485.

Yours Sincerely,

FULL NAME

Someone please help, I am applying for my BOWP as my current PGWP expires in April. I have received AINP and AOR as well. Do I need to upload the AINP letter along with the above mentioned documents under letter of explanation? Please advise. Thanks in advance.