RPRF Mar 9, 2015
Med's Request
Mar 10, 2015
Med's Done....
Mar 16, 2015; Uploaded Mar 23, 2015; 3rd Line: Mar 30, 2015
Passport Req..
May 26, 2015
Hello!

I need your opinion because i am kinda paranoid right now. I am not so confident with the digital photo i submitted. It matches the min.& max. Specifications like file size,dpi etc. But it's not as clear as one you took by a camera. What i did is i have my passport photo with me and took a picture of that using my cellphone. (Equivalent to scanning). Do you think it will be ground for refusal?

Thanks for your honest opinion..

arowberry

Nov 25, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
Med's Request
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
03-10-2014
LANDED..........
27-11-2014
ms.reannox said:
Hello!

I need your opinion because i am kinda paranoid right now. I am not so confident with the digital photo i submitted. It matches the min.& max. Specifications like file size,dpi etc. But it's not as clear as one you took by a camera. What i did is i have my passport photo with me and took a picture of that using my cellphone. (Equivalent to scanning). Do you think it will be ground for refusal?

Taking a picture of a picture on a phone is absolutely not the same as scanning. That said, the CIC simply seems to like collecting photos of people; I personally don't think your BOWP application will be rejected. The photos do no appear on the work permit, I assume they're thrown in the CIC archive and forgotten about. Passport photos aren't even a requirement for the BOWP if you're applying by mail, so I suspect you will be ok.

ms.reannox

Jul 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct.10 2014, Charged Dec 17, 2014
Nomination.....
PER Jan. 16 2015
AOR Received.
Feb 3, 2015 reached Ottawa
File Transfer...
RPRF Mar 9, 2015
Med's Request
Mar 10, 2015
Med's Done....
Mar 16, 2015; Uploaded Mar 23, 2015; 3rd Line: Mar 30, 2015
Passport Req..
May 26, 2015
arowberry said:
Taking a picture of a picture on a phone is absolutely not the same as scanning. That said, the CIC simply seems to like collecting photos of people; I personally don't think your BOWP application will be rejected. The photos do no appear on the work permit, I assume they're thrown in the CIC archive and forgotten about. Passport photos aren't even a requirement for the BOWP if you're applying by mail, so I suspect you will be ok.
Thank you @arowberry for sharing. Feels more relaxed right now. I just hope it will not be a big deal when they processed mine as it's not really needed when processing paper application. I will let you know what happens to my case. Thank you again!

Danny81

Star Member
Jun 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2014
Nomination.....
27-09-2014
AOR Received.
19-03-2015
Med's Request
24-03-2015
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Passport Req..
02-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2015
ms.reannox said:
Hello!

Actually I did the same thing, I took a selfie using my phone (lol) it fits all the right measurements and the size of the file so it should be ok.

shek1lla

Star Member
Nov 14, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-14-2014
Doc's Request.
March. 31.2016
AOR Received.
19-Feb -2015
IELTS Request
sent with app
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Upfront 16.March.2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
People this is my case, hope someone could give me an advice???

We are applying to extend our work visas and visitor status for kids! we have received an AOR like two weeks ago! my questions are!!!

Since we are applying on line, is there any where a place where i will write down AOR number???

What should i put in Family member proof of status! Since i am the main applicant i am little confused, should i put wife, and kids permits?Huh or....

Digital photos, just mine or all of us?
If i need to provide of all, how should i select more then one???

since i dont have written job offer, but i am employed , and i want to apply for OWP what should i check Huh i have marked ( An initial work permit or a work permit with new employer )Huh and should i check this as well for wife since she was on closed work pemit, she had an LMO?

and now do i have to fill in her form date from her employer since we want for her as well OWP???

And regarding kids, they are on visitor staus, Should i select

Extension of my temporary resident status, or
Initial temporary resident permit or extension of temporary resident permit Huh?

thanks in advance!!!

rohangk

Dec 4, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre - Ottawa (CPC-O)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19th Aug, 2014
AOR Received.
11th Dec, 2014
IELTS Request
CELPIP submitted with appln
Med's Request
2nd Feb 2016, 8th Mar 2016 (Additional tests)
Med's Done....
Checkup on 18th Jan 2016 (Upfront), Report submitted on 29th Jan 2016. Additional Medical test report submitted on 26th Feb 2016. 2nd Additional reports submitted on 2nd April.
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
7th July 2016 (RPRF requested and paid on 3rd March 2016)
VISA ISSUED...
14th July 2016
LANDED..........
20th Sept 2016
shek1lla said:
People this is my case, hope someone could give me an advice???

We are applying to extend our work visas and visitor status for kids! we have received an AOR like two weeks ago! my questions are!!!

Since we are applying on line, is there any where a place where i will write down AOR number???

What should i put in Family member proof of status! Since i am the main applicant i am little confused, should i put wife, and kids permits?Huh or....

since i dont have written job offer, but i am employed , and i want to apply for OWP what should i check Huh i have marked ( An initial work permit or a work permit with new employer )Huh and should i check this as well for wife since she was on closed work pemit, she had an LMO?

and now do i have to fill in her form date from her employer since we want for her as well OWP???

And regarding kids, they are on visitor staus, Should i select

Extension of my temporary resident status, or
Initial temporary resident permit or extension of temporary resident permit Huh?

thanks in advance!!!

You should apply for a Bridging OWP and spouse OWP (if your current WP is going to expire within 4 months).
You need to apply for visas if you are planning to leave Canada before you get PR otherwise not required. WP is enough to stay in canada.
For children i suppose you need to apply for Visas.
While applying for WP online you first need to check eligibility in which in the first question you select 'intend to work for 6 months or more' which will begin the work permit related questions.In the questionnaire you will be asked about your accompanying family members in which you can answer questions for your spouse followed by children. At the end of the questionnaire you will get the list of documents required for everyone.
Also since you are applying for Bridging WP you need to attach an explanation letter mentioning you have applied for PR and received AOR, give AOR and current valid WP details and attach copy of AOR email.(there is an option to upload explanation letter for each family member) .

You can apply online after checking eligibility here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp

shek1lla

Star Member
Nov 14, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-14-2014
Doc's Request.
March. 31.2016
AOR Received.
19-Feb -2015
IELTS Request
sent with app
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Upfront 16.March.2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
rohangk said:
You should apply for a Bridging OWP and spouse OWP (if your current WP is going to expire within 4 months).
You need to apply for visas if you are planning to leave Canada before you get PR otherwise not required. WP is enough to stay in canada.
For children i suppose you need to apply for Visas.
While applying for WP online you first need to check eligibility in which in the first question you select 'intend to work for 6 months or more' which will begin the work permit related questions.In the questionnaire you will be asked about your accompanying family members in which you can answer questions for your spouse followed by children. At the end of the questionnaire you will get the list of documents required for everyone.
Also since you are applying for Bridging WP you need to attach an explanation letter mentioning you have applied for PR and received AOR, give AOR and current valid WP details and attach copy of AOR email.(there is an option to upload explanation letter for each family member) .

You can apply online after checking eligibility here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp
i have already started online application, those are some of things that am confused with???

AEE11

Jan 26, 2013
Any one sent passport to Ottawa to get Visa stamp after BOWP, if yes, when did you submit your application, when passport is requested and what date did you receive your passport with visa?

I submitted my online application on Feb 9 and recently got request for passport sent on feb 24 and CIC received my passport on 27 but still I don't see any status change on the application. I'm worried because I put too many things inline with my passport and eagerly waiting for it.

Thanks,

rohangk

Dec 4, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre - Ottawa (CPC-O)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19th Aug, 2014
AOR Received.
11th Dec, 2014
IELTS Request
CELPIP submitted with appln
Med's Request
2nd Feb 2016, 8th Mar 2016 (Additional tests)
Med's Done....
Checkup on 18th Jan 2016 (Upfront), Report submitted on 29th Jan 2016. Additional Medical test report submitted on 26th Feb 2016. 2nd Additional reports submitted on 2nd April.
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
7th July 2016 (RPRF requested and paid on 3rd March 2016)
VISA ISSUED...
14th July 2016
LANDED..........
20th Sept 2016
shek1lla said:
i have already started online application, those are some of things that am confused with???

-- Mention in Explanation letter and inclode AOR email (Letter + AOR email + etc must be a single pdf/doc).

-- Yes.

-- I think currently you can upload only one jpg file, so i guess just yours.

--For both it can be -'An initial work permit or a work permit with new employer'
and in Employer name/addr for PR main applicant(You) you can wrote Bridging Open Work Permit- Not Applicable.
For your wife you can write 'Spouse of Main PR Applicant-Not Applicable' OR 'Spouse of BOWP applicant - Not Applicable'. For my wife's appln i wrote 'Spouse of BOWP applicant - Not Applicable '

--Nothing is required from existing employer

zoey0801

Star Member
Jan 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2014
AOR Received.
10-07-2014
Med's Request
06-08-2015
Med's Done....
03-11-2015
Passport Req..
22-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-01-2016
LANDED..........
15-01-2016
My latest GCMS notes VO said he's not satisfied that I work as an Executive Assistant and not enough hours as 1 yr experience (long story short I think he's mistake when he calculated it). and my file is going to 2nd review.

Would this be a problem for me applying for BOWP in March?

arowberry

Nov 25, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
Med's Request
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
03-10-2014
LANDED..........
27-11-2014
zoey0801 said:
My latest GCMS notes VO said he's not satisfied that I work as an Executive Assistant and not enough hours as 1 yr experience (long story short I think he's mistake when he calculated it). and my file is going to 2nd review.

You have your AOR already, it's not going to be a problem.

zoey0801

Star Member
Jan 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2014
AOR Received.
10-07-2014
Med's Request
06-08-2015
Med's Done....
03-11-2015
Passport Req..
22-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-01-2016
LANDED..........
15-01-2016

pocketchoi

Star Member
Feb 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-14
AOR Received.
06-05-14
IELTS Request
With my application
Med's Request
26-05-15
Hello, i am filling out my and my partner's BOWP application form atm.

It seems like there's no section to write my partner's personal details.
I have AOR from CEC application, and my partner isn't PR application yet. When his birth certificate comes we are going add him on application.

So for him, does he need to write application form separately? or is it enough me mentioning about him in application and cv letter?

Also, most of section from " details of intended work in canada" is left as N/A or blank( i didn't have any trouble to validate when i was done).
This shouldn't be problem right? because i am applying for open work permit, and i had a pgowp. same as my partner, he has an open work permit.

However, i explained what i want to do in canada with coming open work permit.
What do you think guys?

how much is the fee? I thought it will be just 150$, but i have to pay 100$ more for open work permit holder fee?
How much did you guys pay for?

Thank you.

pocketchoi

Star Member
Feb 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-14
AOR Received.
06-05-14
IELTS Request
With my application
Med's Request
26-05-15
zoey0801 said:

That was exact same reason why my application was going through 2nd review..
I re-calcuated all my hours and divided into full time weeks and part time weeks in spread sheets and sent it to cic via e-mail.
In that e-mail i had another question and vo answered me of that question but didn't mention about my spread sheets. :p

VO didn't request me to send the sheet but i just did it to make myself feel better and i didn't see the harm of sending one more additional info to prove that i am eligible.

I ordered my 2nd gcms note about a month ago, so i will know where my application is sooner or later.

Hope urs goes well too. Wishing you the best luck! :)

IMG

Star Member
Feb 27, 2015
Hello folks

I have applied for PR under CEC in JULY 2014 (waiting on MR) and currently am working in Canada on a valid Bridging open work permit. The BOWP is expiring on OCT 02 2015 and I am wondering about the right time to file for the second BOWP? When I applied BOWP for the first time, I made a paper application and now is it possible to make an on-line application or do I have to make only a paper application? If both the options work, which one is the best option to go with? As of today, the current processing times as specified on CIC website are 48 days for on-line application and 74 days for paper application! In case if I have to make a on-line application, please do post the link where I should go to apply for it! Also do let me know what documents are exactly need to file the on-line application? Any response is highly appreciated and thanks for all your help.