+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for a successful BOWP application

kachna

Jul 2, 2014
iam_toby said:
...cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/getting-started.asp

Try that.
Hello!

I'm trying to apply for the BOWP as I've received my AOR through CEC (I believe, received an e-mail saying "Your application has now been placed into processing.", that's all I've got so far) and my current work permit expires on August 1st (in a month).

However, when I fill the online form, it always ends up saying I have to apply either for CEC (which I've already applied), or for International Experience Canada program (which is my current work permit). I've found this post:
Jalex23 said:
I figured it out. Seems that we have to obviate some stuff...

From this thread: ...canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/bowp-online-application-trouble-help-please-t157850.15.html

The secret relies in this question "trio":

----------
Have you been told by a Citizenship and Immigration Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?
Have you submitted a permanent resident application in Canada?

Do you have a written job offer?
-----------

If you select NO-YES-NO it will only send you for a visitor VISA.
IF you select NO-YES-YES it will ask you for LMO, proof of being able to fullfill the job and the job offer.
If you select YES-YES-NO this is the BOWP, as it only asks you for your passport, digital photo, letter of expalanation (schedule1) and IMM5710

This is more like it.

Thanks guys for all your help, this forum rocks!!
which tells me how to set one of the form pages, but I've had no success getting there anyways.

I believe I should be eligible, according to the OB 485-A, but the form apparently disagrees, any idea what could I be missing?

Thanks!

chikku0801

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/14/2014
Med's Request
08/30/2014
Med's Done....
07/24/2014
Hello I am applying for BOWP online and in one of the question in the "do you want to come Canada, or extend your stay?" questionnaire its asking me.

Does your family member want to restore their status in Canada? should I say yes or no? as my spouse is on open workpermit and I am applying BOWP for both of us at a time. if I am saying yes, its adding $200 as fees for restoration of the status.

Please advise if I have to say yes or no.

Thanks

sooperdice

Star Member
Jul 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2014
AOR Received.
03-06-2014
Med's Request
04-06-2015
Med's Done....
09-06-2015
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-06-2015
LANDED..........
28-07-2015
Hello there.
Thanks for all the tips posted here.

I have a question.

My closed work permit expires on 31st OCT2014 and I just applied for the BOWP online. If/Once it gets approved, what is the process of getting the VISA sticker/stamp on your passport that enables you to travel? Do they send it to you, or do you have to cross the border and return for them to stick it in? Is there another application form to fill out?

Thanks

Toronto2013

Jul 18, 2013
sooperdice said:
Hello there.
Thanks for all the tips posted here.

I have a question.

My closed work permit expires on 31st OCT2014 and I just applied for the BOWP online. If/Once it gets approved, what is the process of getting the VISA sticker/stamp on your passport that enables you to travel? Do they send it to you, or do you have to cross the border and return for them to stick it in? Is there another application form to fill out?

Thanks
After you receive the BOWP, you will need to apply for TRV online. Once it is approved online, you would receive a letter online, requesting passport. You have to mail the print out of the letter and passport to Ottawa. You will receive the passport back with visa stamped on it in few days.

CEC_SK

Oct 7, 2012
Hi Folks
I have question which I was trying to get answer from CIC for BOWP but could not get clear answer
I am expecting my AOR by Mid of Aug'14 . My Current closed WP will expire in Nov'14 . So planning to apply for BOWP as soon as I get the AOR.
My question is that can I apply the Open work permit for my spouse along with my application for BOWP application OR Do I need to wait for my BOWP and then apply for her open work permit based on my BOWP
My wife currently has open work permit which she got as I had closed work permit as skilled employee

Help is appricated

wonderclicks

Nov 3, 2013
Mississauga
CEC_SK said:
Hi Folks
I have question which I was trying to get answer from CIC for BOWP but could not get clear answer
I am expecting my AOR by Mid of Aug'14 . My Current closed WP will expire in Nov'14 . So planning to apply for BOWP as soon as I get the AOR.
My question is that can I apply the Open work permit for my spouse along with my application for BOWP application OR Do I need to wait for my BOWP and then apply for her open work permit based on my BOWP
My wife currently has open work permit which she got as I had closed work permit as skilled employee

Help is appricated
@ CEC_SK

Yes you can apply for your wife and kid (if you have) along with your application.

Wonderclicks.

devileater

Jul 26, 2014
Hello everyone,

I have one question. My work permit will be expired in Nov 2015, but unfortunately I lost my job last month, I have applied PR under CEC this Mar and I got my Application number few days later. So I am wondering if I can get a BOWP? Because I am still looking for a new job, it would be a long process for new company to help me to get a new work permit.

Thank you

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
devileater said:
Hello everyone,

I have one question. My work permit will be expired in Nov 2015, but unfortunately I lost my job last month, I have applied PR under CEC this Mar and I got my Application number few days later. So I am wondering if I can get a BOWP? Because I am still looking for a new job, it would be a long process for new company to help me to get a new work permit.

Thank you
Hi, I assume your WP is closed one and you probably know you're not illegible for BOWP now. But you can try and apply with a good covering letter (where you explain your situation). Of course there's no guarantee to get it, but you may be lucky like some other applicants in this forum before.

Hope1957

Feb 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
LANDED..........
21-03-15
Can we track the status of a BOWP application on MyCIC if we have applied via paper route?

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
^ Paper applications are not viewable in MyCIC (mine was a paper application).

I guess until they open and process it, the paper application has not been associated with your file and is just an envelope in a stack (probably stamped with the date it arrived).

Hope1957

Feb 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
LANDED..........
21-03-15
Thanks LPS

LPS said:
^ Paper applications are not viewable in MyCIC (mine was a paper application).

I guess until they open and process it, the paper application has not been associated with your file and is just an envelope in a stack (probably stamped with the date it arrived).

ganapathi

Jan 30, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
AOR Received.
29-05-2014
Med's Request
10-02-2015
Med's Done....
04-03-2015
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
Hi
I want to apply for Bowp for me.Since i am the principal applicant.I got AOR.
I also want to apply for OWP for my spouse who is currently on visitor visa

I thinking to apply online for both of us at same time.
Below are the docuemtns they requested for me and my wife after answering the online questionare.

Principal applicant:
IMM5710

SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS

MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE
FAMILY MEMBERS PROOF OF STATUS
PASSPORT OT TRAVEL DOCUMENT
DIGITAL PHOTO
USE OF FAMILY REPRESENTATIVE FOR ONLINE APPLICATION(IMM5713)

FAMILY MEMBERS

you have told us that additional people will come to canada with you.Please atatch their documents below.

Family Members 1

IMM5710

SUPPORTING DOCUEMTNS

PASSPORT OR TRAVEL DOCUEMNT
PROOF OF MEDICAL EXAM.

Is there any document missing.
Moreover should i upload photoes of mine only.What about my wifes?
what about AOR.where should i upload that?

In the questionare
do you have a written job offer?
I answered yes for this.Is it right or not.

Please correct me if i am wrong or else do we need to upload any additional douemtns other than this.

Thanks
Ganapathi

bukyder

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-Sept-2013
AOR Received.
06-Feb-2014
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
06-Feb-2014
Med's Done....
14-Feb-2014
Passport Req..
26-Sept-2014
Hi guys,

I am seriously considering BOWP application now as there is NOT much progress in my PR application.

My question is:
Would there be any delay on my BOWP application or more review by BOWP officers if I put "applying for a work permit with a NEW EMPLOYER", although in my PR application(Via AINP) it indicates my current employer? I want to work for another employer after I get PR. Please advise. thanks.

milleth082002

Oct 30, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 6 2013
Med's Request
Feb 14 2014
Med's Done....
March 7 2014
ganapathi said:
Hi
I want to apply for Bowp for me.Since i am the principal applicant.I got AOR.
I also want to apply for OWP for my spouse who is currently on visitor visa

I thinking to apply online for both of us at same time.
Below are the docuemtns they requested for me and my wife after answering the online questionare.

Principal applicant:
IMM5710

SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS

MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE
FAMILY MEMBERS PROOF OF STATUS
PASSPORT OT TRAVEL DOCUMENT
DIGITAL PHOTO
USE OF FAMILY REPRESENTATIVE FOR ONLINE APPLICATION(IMM5713)

FAMILY MEMBERS

you have told us that additional people will come to canada with you.Please atatch their documents below.

Family Members 1

IMM5710

SUPPORTING DOCUEMTNS

PASSPORT OR TRAVEL DOCUEMNT
PROOF OF MEDICAL EXAM.

Is there any document missing.
Moreover should i upload photoes of mine only.What about my wifes?
what about AOR.where should i upload that?

In the questionare
do you have a written job offer?
I answered yes for this.Is it right or not.

Please correct me if i am wrong or else do we need to upload any additional douemtns other than this.

Thanks
Ganapathi
We are almost exactly the same but my question is IMM5713 Section B there is a portion needs for the signature for each family member? How can we do that? Please need any input with regards to this. Thanks in advance.

ganapathi

Jan 30, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
AOR Received.
29-05-2014
Med's Request
10-02-2015
Med's Done....
04-03-2015
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
milleth082002 said:
We are almost exactly the same but my question is IMM5713 Section B there is a portion needs for the signature for each family member? How can we do that? Please need any input with regards to this. Thanks in advance.
My question if we fill forms onbehalf of my spouse.Then we include IMM5713 and IMM5710.
after filling these forms i should sign since i am filling it or else should i take signature of my wife.