+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for a successful BOWP application

theboss

Star Member
Mar 25, 2014
orgchem said:
Hi:

I have applied for PR. Now I would like to apply for BOWP. I would like to include my spouse too in the application. Recently she went to India for 2months vacation. Still Can I include her in my application or she should apply separately in India. Because online application only for the candidate who is staying in Canada!

Please suggest.

Regards
When is your closed work permit expiry date? Since your are nov applicant you may become a landed immigrant within max of 4 months. You can bring her after you become PR right. Its very simple process.

But still you want to get her here before that , then you can apply online for her with your application and you have to send the SOWP to her indian addres. Then she should apply for renewing the TRV from India and she can come here.

I am not sure about applying TRV renewal outside of canada. Even some of the posts before, we didnt get any reply about this one.

theboss

Star Member
Mar 25, 2014
pfse said:
I would suggest to fill the application just for yourself. Then she can apply separately once she get back to Canada.
My friend

How can she come to canada without a permit ? with her existing closed work permit you mean ? In POE, the system will show the current status of her husband(Since he holds new BOWP), it would lead to different issues.

Hi Everyone, Please correct me if i am wrong.

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
theboss said:
My friend

How can she come to canada without a permit ? with her existing closed work permit you mean ? In POE, the system will show the current status of her husband(Since he holds new BOWP), it would lead to different issues.

Hi Everyone, Please correct me if i am wrong.
A spouse of main applicant does not need to have WP, only Visa. But the spouse can apply for OWP at any time if WP of the main applicant is valid for at least next 6 months. Sorry, I don't know how to get visa without WP - I'm from visa-exempt country. But I pretty much sure WP would not be issued overseas.

ljiljka007

Jan 3, 2013
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2014
Doc's Request.
sent PCC for spouse on Oct 20, without request
AOR Received.
06/24/2014
IELTS Request
with application
Med's Request
17-06-2015
Med's Done....
08-07-2015
Passport Req..
30-07-2015
LANDED..........
17-08-2015
theboss said:
You can send through Purolator or Fedex. It will be reach there within a day.
So You guys think I should be fine if I send it to Alberta on Monday May 26?

theboss

Star Member
Mar 25, 2014
pfse said:
A spouse of main applicant does not need to have WP, only Visa. But the spouse can apply for OWP at any time if WP of the main applicant is valid for at least next 6 months. Sorry, I don't know how to get visa without WP - I'm from visa-exempt country. But I pretty much sure WP would not be issued overseas.
Yes i agree. while travelling we dont need permit. But at the POE, they will provide a one based on the prinicpal applicant's work permit. Suppose if she travel with the TRV based on the closed work permit , then they will not allow her to proceed.

So better idea is , he can go ahead and apply for SOWP while applying his BOWP and send that one through courier or post to her india address. based on the new work permit she can apply for TRV renewal from india and start her travel.

orgchem

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2013
AOR Received.
22-12-2013
Hi all:

Thanks for all your suggestion. My closed work permit and her open work permit expires by 1-Aug-2014. I may get my PR approved by August or Sep 2014. However I would like to apply BOWP for me and dependent open work permit for her.

Thanks and Regards

theboss

Star Member
Mar 25, 2014
ljiljka007 said:
So You guys think I should be fine if I send it to Alberta on Monday May 26?
Since your WP expires on May 31st - for safer side , send it by May 20th. Anyhow you have 45 calendar days to get it approved.

ljiljka007

Jan 3, 2013
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2014
Doc's Request.
sent PCC for spouse on Oct 20, without request
AOR Received.
06/24/2014
IELTS Request
with application
Med's Request
17-06-2015
Med's Done....
08-07-2015
Passport Req..
30-07-2015
LANDED..........
17-08-2015
theboss said:
Since your WP expires on May 31st - for safer side , send it by May 20th. Anyhow you have 45 calendar days to get it approved.
I guessed You're right. I'm just afraid of not getting aor on time. Hopefully they'll continue proccessing PR application as fast as they do it now :)

i.shuja

May 15, 2014
Hello,

I would really appreciate if you could help me with my situation.

I have applied for AINP this monday 12-May, According to the website it takes 6 months for AINP to process under engineering category.

The problem is that my Open Work permit expires in 4 months.

Would i get my AOR within this period? What is the actual time people are reciving their AOR nowadays?

Can i apply on the basis of my file no for BOWP? I have all the correct documents in hand.

Can I apply for an bridging open work permit when I am about to complete four month by mail to buy 2 more months via mail?

Also, am I allowed to work on an implied status?

Please advise. Very stressed.

KGR32

May 3, 2014
Hey Guys,

So my application was received on the 28th April and i am still awaiting my AOR, hopeful it arrives soon! my current work permit is about to expire.
I know posting my application will give me more time for my AOR to be received, but will mean i am stuck on implied longer, and doing it online will get me a result in 2 - 3 weeks, however there is a chance i wont have the AOR by then, it seems the timeline is getting longer for these in the past couple of weeks!

If i send my application by post, does it need to be posted (with proof of posting and a receipt of my online payment) before my current permit expires, or does it need to actually be received by immigration before my permit expires?

Cheers

arowberry

Nov 25, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
Med's Request
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
03-10-2014
LANDED..........
27-11-2014
KGR32 said:
Hey Guys,

So my application was received on the 28th April and i am still awaiting my AOR, hopeful it arrives soon! my current work permit is about to expire.
I know posting my application will give me more time for my AOR to be received, but will mean i am stuck on implied longer, and doing it online will get me a result in 2 - 3 weeks, however there is a chance i wont have the AOR by then, it seems the timeline is getting longer for these in the past couple of weeks!

If i send my application by post, does it need to be posted (with proof of posting and a receipt of my online payment) before my current permit expires, or does it need to actually be received by immigration before my permit expires?

Cheers
I was in a similar position to you. I kept a copy of the mailing receipt (with a saved screenshot of the arrival confirmation of the application in Vegreville) and obviously the proof of payment. The application does need to be received at Vegreville before your current visa expires.

My timeline was as follows:

• Applied for CEC PR March 10, 2014
  • Applied for BOWP by mail without AOR March 28, 2014.
  • Second IEC visa expired April 2, 2014.
  • Received AOR April 4, 2014 (19 days).
  • Received BOWP May 8, 2014 (41 days)

My BOWP is valid for a year.

arowberry

Nov 25, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
Med's Request
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
03-10-2014
LANDED..........
27-11-2014
i.shuja said:
Hello,

I would really appreciate if you could help me with my situation.

I have applied for AINP this monday 12-May, According to the website it takes 6 months for AINP to process under engineering category.

The problem is that my Open Work permit expires in 4 months.

Would i get my AOR within this period? What is the actual time people are reciving their AOR nowadays?

Can i apply on the basis of my file no for BOWP? I have all the correct documents in hand.

Can I apply for an bridging open work permit when I am about to complete four month by mail to buy 2 more months via mail?

Also, am I allowed to work on an implied status?

Please advise. Very stressed.
You've posted your question in the Canadian Experience Class section of the forum, you might find some help here, but it's probably worth posting it the Provincial Nominee section to get more relevant advise:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/provincial-nomination-program-immigration-b6.0/

My AOR for Canadian Experience Class took 19 days to receive. I have no idea how long it takes for Provincial Nominee applications. My BOWP took 41 days to receive (applied by mail).

Have a look at trackitt's website. It's really good for getting an understanding of how long the different stages of your application will take.
http://www.trackitt.com/canada-immigration-trackers/provincial-nominees

Cora24

Nov 11, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2014
AOR Received.
01-05-2014
Med's Request
28-10-2014
Med's Done....
11-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2015
LANDED..........
03-04-2015
Hi guys, my BOWP application has been approved. So now do I need to wait they mail me a hard copy? Thank you!

iamelle

Oct 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 20, 2014
AOR Received.
March 18, 2014
IELTS Request
CELPIP - Sent with application
Med's Request
Sept 9, 2014
Med's Done....
Sept 19, 2014
Passport Req..
January 21, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 26, 2015
LANDED..........
March 28, 2015
^ Congratulations! I was able to get an email notification about 2 days after I saw the approved status online. Then I got the hardcopy a week after.

Cora24

Nov 11, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2014
AOR Received.
01-05-2014
Med's Request
28-10-2014
Med's Done....
11-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2015
LANDED..........
03-04-2015
iamelle said:
^ Congratulations! I was able to get an email notification about 2 days after I saw the approved status online. Then I got the hardcopy a week after.
Same with the e-mail/on-line status. I guess it will be on the hardcopy, for how long is the BOWP, right? Thanks and congrats!