+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

PGP_from_RH

Feb 2, 2016
Sorry to hear that bud! Hope your grandparent gets better soon!

However, do you think your mother can fly here to land and immediately return back home? PR card will be mailed to a Canadian Address, and I am guessing you're currently in Canada.
No, I do not believe this is an option unfortunately. ;-( We need to find how to extend this somehow.

dgpatel

Star Member
Jul 16, 2016
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
File Transfer...
06-07-2016
Med's Request
30-01-2017
Med's Done....
04-02-2017
Passport Req..
23-01-2018
Like you said I received pre-arrival letter today. Assuming that my parents need to re-do the medical check, what would be the next step? just waiting? I already sent the police report and paid money for the process.
Next step is your background check and may be re-medical.

robsmann

Star Member
May 21, 2012
Richmond, Virginia, United States of America
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2014
Doc's Request.
31-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
08-11-2014
Passport Req..
13-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2015
LANDED..........
18-04-2015
Hi everyone ,

Anyone sent the passport to Otaawa in January for PR visa stamping and COPR approval ? any update if got the passport back or still waiting .

Mine was delivered on 8th Jan to Ottawa so i am assuming that will get it back by the end of month.

Happy wknd

s
We also sent parents' passports to CPC-O on Thursday and they will be delivered on Monday, 22-Jan. Please do post your timelines so that I get an idea of how long it takes for passports to come back. In our case, medicals were done on 12-Feb-2017, so assuming visas would be till 11-Feb only!!

Ken1955

May 5, 2017
Could someone please explain process after PPR. I am confused ‍♂ about how to apply for CoPR. How long it takes to get PR after PPR request.

Appreciated, Thanks

Simp

Nov 6, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We also sent parents' passports to CPC-O on Thursday and they will be delivered on Monday, 22-Jan. Please do post your timelines so that I get an idea of how long it takes for passports to come back. In our case, medicals were done on 12-Feb-2017, so assuming visas would be till 11-Feb only!!
Good to hear that.

Yes,i think the visas will be till 12 Feb for sure,the day when medicals expire.So you should start looking towards the landing step .

Cheers

s

iluvbaguio

Mar 12, 2010
Hey Robsmann,

We have a similar case, We sent our parents passport December 8, 2017 and the expiration of their medicals is January 13, 2018. Second week of January, January 8 - 12, we did not do anything even if the medicals expectation is very near. We assumed that the expiration of medical will not be followed and we will be given extension to complete our landing.

January 13, 2018 (expiration date) we received the passport and COPR. When we check the deadline to complete the landing, we are given till 13 January 2018 (same date of the received date.. Obviously we didn't have much time to complete the landing and we fail to finish it on time.

We sent email to CIC - Ottawa and informed them with our case.. Good thing we are again given another chance, We received another Passport Request, last Friday.

MY ADVISE sent call CIC!!! Don't wait till the end of the medical expiration date. Don't assume that they will give you enough time to do the landing formalities. Coz sometimes CIC is to busy to track everything.. Avoid the same mistake as what we did.. (THIS IS THE PURPOSE OF THE FORUM)

MoRe

Jan 12, 2015
We received the re-medical Jan 2nd (with pre arrival letter) and sent out the result Jan 16th. Now the file shows "Decision Made". I want to know what I should expect now? How long does it take to ask for PP request?

mghchdh

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Med's Request
23-02-2017
We received the re-medical Jan 2nd (with pre arrival letter) and sent out the result Jan 16th. Now the file shows "Decision Made". I want to know what I should expect now? How long does it take to ask for PP request?
Share your timeline?

dgpatel

Star Member
Jul 16, 2016
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
File Transfer...
06-07-2016
Med's Request
30-01-2017
Med's Done....
04-02-2017
Passport Req..
23-01-2018
I am in weird situation. Our medical is expiring on 13 Feb 2018. We received pre-arrival letter on 22 Dec 2017. Day before that my medical status changed from "medical passed" to "If you need a medical exam, a message with instructions will be sent to you.". Today again my medical status changed from "If you need a medical exam, a message with instructions will be sent to you." to "Medical Passed". I don't know what's going on with my file. Does that mean they extended our medical?

Anyone in same situation?

MoRe

Jan 12, 2015
Share your timeline?
Start application: Jan 2016
First Medical and PC request: 15 Fab 2017
Second Medical request (with receiving the pre arrival letter) 2 Jan 2018
Second medical sent out: 16 Jan 2018
Passport request: Not Yet
Current status in CIC: Decision Made

Reactions: mghchdh

hogujak

Dec 18, 2015
I received an email from Ottawa office that my dad(main applicant) needs to do medical test again( he already did this last Feb, no health issue). medical was expiring soon so this is something I already expected
Q1. Why don't they want my mom re-do the medical check with him? I am sponsoring both.
Q2. They requested RCMP police certificate from my mom only... again why not both. just curious
Q3. I didn't create CIC account so I am sending emails to Ottawa office with document they requested. Is this OK? or should I create CIC account for my dad? Because I already sent them IMM5662 3~4days ago via email but they requested same document again. Maybe they haven't checked my email yet?

Thank you.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
I received an email from Ottawa office that my dad(main applicant) needs to do medical test again( he already did this last Feb, no health issue). medical was expiring soon so this is something I already expected
Q1. Why don't they want my mom re-do the medical check with him? I am sponsoring both.
Q2. They requested RCMP police certificate from my mom only... again why not both. just curious
Q3. I didn't create CIC account so I am sending emails to Ottawa office with document they requested. Is this OK? or should I create CIC account for my dad? Because I already sent them IMM5662 3~4days ago via email but they requested same document again. Maybe they haven't checked my email yet?

Thank you.
It should be for both. Check with cic or the paperwork that they have sent to ensure who needs to do medical.
Is it police clearance certificate or RCMP clearance?
Ideally, you should create a cic online account in order to track the progress.

hogujak

Dec 18, 2015
It should be for both. Check with cic or the paperwork that they have sent to ensure who needs to do medical.
Is it police clearance certificate or RCMP clearance?
Ideally, you should create a cic online account in order to track the progress.
It is really strange.. I received IMM1017E(medical) for my dad(main applicant) only. Last time I got IMM1017E for both at the same time.
And RCMP Police certificate which requires fingerprints. And this one is really strange too as they want this only for my mom(spouse).

RCMP Police certificate: Please provide RCMP Canada certificate fingerprints based for My mom's name. Website.

I don't think they did this by mistake but I don't know if anybody else has similar experience.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
It is really strange.. I received IMM1017E(medical) for my dad only. Last time I got IMM1017E for both at the same time.
And RCMP Police certificate which requires fingerprints. And this one is really strange too as they want this only for my mom.

I don't think they did this by mistake but I don't know if anybody else has similar experience.
Maybe your mom has a similar name or date of birth with the person who has a criminal record. By doing fingerprints, they can check if it's same person or not. It shouldn't be a big deal as long as your mother has no criminal record.

Also, create my cic account to check the status. Also, confirm with cic if medicals needs to be done for you mother too or not.