+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

D-V27

Apr 26, 2017
Congrats; did you receive the CoPR along with returned passport or separately [by email or mail]?
We got along with Passports in mail as they have affixed the photo that we sent along with Passport.
They are actually two copies with picture on each. I believe they will keep one when an officer will sign it.

D-V27

Apr 26, 2017
Thank you so much.

Keep me updated if you get an appointment.My parents passport were recieved yesterday with Ottawa but as their medical will be expiring on 12th March so they have to land before that date
Are your parents in Canada or outside?
If in Canada did you tried to book an appointment?

vole_truongphi

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
Hi Folks,

I am on the same page; got the pre-arrival letter on Jan-5, 2018; what is the next step? Will they ask us to redo the medical [medical will expire on Jan 30th, 2018] or request for passport?
did you background check in progress? if not, this will be the next step. if so, I guess they will consider to re-do medical exam if your current medical exam is close to now. otherwise, they will do a "Decision Made' if you are qualified for PPR or un-qualified for a refuse.
Hope you will get PPR soon!

Regards,

Simp

Nov 6, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Are your parents in Canada or outside?
If in Canada did you tried to book an appointment?
My parents are in Canada.I didnot check about appointment as i sent my passports to Ottawa 2 days back for COPR and i think i can not book appointment until i get the passport back with COPR but iheard that it takes long to get an appointment.Do update me when u get the appointment.

s

ershadiubc

Apr 21, 2017
did you background check in progress? if not, this will be the next step. if so, I guess they will consider to re-do medical exam if your current medical exam is close to now. otherwise, they will do a "Decision Made' if you are qualified for PPR or un-qualified for a refuse.
Hope you will get PPR soon!

Regards,
Background check is in progress;
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Did they request you to re-do the medical?

vole_truongphi

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
Background check is in progress;
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Did they request you to re-do the medical?
not yet but my parents medical will be expired by Feb 23. PPR process may take more than a month so I think they will request to re-do soon.

malu08

Jul 27, 2009
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Gosh. Did you ever email them recently to ask them the latest status?
I had sent email to them in May last year. Here was the reply.

Dear Applicant,

Under Canada’s immigration legislation, all immigrant applications are subject to statutory requirements, including medical and background checks. These requirements must be satisfied before an applicant may be granted permanent resident status. In this context, certain background investigations are being conducted in connection with your application. As these investigations are conducted by outside agencies, we have no purview over the processing time. We are therefore unable to give an exact time frame in which we expect to conclude the verifications on this case.

For now, there is no action required on your part. Please be assured that as soon as the checks are completed the next steps in this application will be determined. Until then, we will not be able to provide any additional information on this case.

Sincerely,

I have sent them now again few days back.

Last edited:
Reactions: mghchdh

MANU07

Star Member
Nov 11, 2016
I read somewhere that Flag pole landing is not allowed on Weekend and Holiday so Try it on Weekdays. Go through below thread for othe roptions.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/rainbow-bridge-pr-landing-failed.501556/page-15
They only changed for southern Ontario borders.

I called cic to book an appointment, "in two week an officer will call you to book an appointment, it depends how busy they are. if u did not received any call, then call us back." Also my parents status in Canada is valid till May, officer said nothing to worry as they have enough time.

MANU07

Star Member
Nov 11, 2016
I heard another way is to do on 1000 island crossing ? how long Ottawa took to send passport back.
yes, thinking to drive to 1000 island too.
Sent passport on Nov 28 and received back on Jan 5 (38 days including weekends and holidays).

Simp

Nov 6, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes, thinking to drive to 1000 island too.
Sent passport on Nov 28 and received back on Jan 5 (38 days including weekends and holidays).
Even if your parents have status until May,is it not good to do landing as early as possible so time period starts ? Do they have US visa for flagpooling ?

S

MANU07

Star Member
Nov 11, 2016
Even if your parents have status until May,is it not good to do landing as early as possible so time period starts ? Do they have US visa for flagpooling ?

S
yes , we went to buffalo, spent 7-8 hours, did shopping. we plan to land while coming back, but they said "no".

dgpatel

Star Member
Jul 16, 2016
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
File Transfer...
06-07-2016
Med's Request
30-01-2017
Med's Done....
04-02-2017
Passport Req..
23-01-2018

dgpatel

Star Member
Jul 16, 2016
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
File Transfer...
06-07-2016
Med's Request
30-01-2017
Med's Done....
04-02-2017
Passport Req..
23-01-2018
Through MyCIC account, is there a difference?
No difference. Just asked you as i have not received any correspondence after pre-arrival letter. Even my medical is expiring in Feb.