+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

toronto_dun

Star Member
Nov 23, 2013
Is there any way to call CIC or Ottawa processing office? I've been hitting against a wall since August - my parents moved, and I'm trying to change their address online, and Home address changed but the mailing address stayed the same, which is no longer valid and there is no mail forwarding. Also, the email address on file our immigration lawyer's address, and he retired, but there is no way to change that address online. So basically I'm stuck with wrong mailing and email address (I can still see messages in myCIC though).

I tried emailing about it as well, both emails were ignored. I requested ATIP almost two month ago - nothing in return. Completely crazy, considering that meds were done 14 month ago!

toronto_dun

Star Member
Nov 23, 2013
I ordered my second GCMS note and expecting it next week and then i am planning to meet my MP.
How do you order GCMS? I'm asking because I followed instructions I found somewhere earlier in this thread and received no response after over 40 days now.

dgpatel

Star Member
Jul 16, 2016
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
File Transfer...
06-07-2016
Med's Request
30-01-2017
Med's Done....
04-02-2017
Passport Req..
23-01-2018

lili2013

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
hello everyone I received the passport request letter today for my parents :)

Visa Office: Ankara
Medical test: Done on first week of January 2017
pre-arrival letter and back ground check: November 1 2017
Pass request: November 3 2017

Sam0001

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
Great to see bunch of news coming from NDVO.
Thanks to everyone for sharing & taking out your time to post here.

Please keep sharing so that the people still in the loop can get some hope from your posts.:)

mghchdh

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Med's Request
23-02-2017
Dear All, Just joined the forum, applied PR for my parents in January 2016, Received an email from CIC on 16th May 2016 mentioning that Your application has been accepted under the intake cap for 2016. Received another email on 17th March 2017 that Application for Permanent Residence under Family Class Sponsorship that you submitted to Ottawa office. No emails or communication from CIC since then. I notice that there has been several levels of advancement in the application process for others who applied in January 2016. Am I not doing doing anything that I should be doing or done? Any advise is welcome... thanks
Hi - I am not sure if that is normal as there are only a few people who are active on the forum, and several others are not. So just because we see activity of only a few, we shouldn't assume that its happening with everyone else.

However, I would recommend you check your online portal to verify there is no missed communication (perhaps they sent something and you didn't get it)

If there's nothing there, then better you get in touch directly with CIC and just ask if they can update you on the latest with your file.

All the best. I am sure everything will be fine.

bsz

Star Member
Aug 22, 2011
I could persuade Ottawa CPC for a medical re-assessment and possible extension. After approval, the medical validity will be extended for one more year. They did their medical December 2016 and they had to land before the anniversary day December 2017. Now with this, it is extended until October 2018.

It seems that the medical can be re-assessed and extended ONLY IF the countries of residence of the past 6 months in the following URL http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/dcl.asp are all NO.

The secret of medical re-assessment and IME+Visa extension is PUSH, PUSH and PUSH. My impression is that most officers don't know this option exists and you need to remind them.

I am not sure but I guess it was around August 2017 when it was marked as started for the first time.The funny point is that they did an upfornt medical on December and then late August CIC sent us an email claiming that we have not done our medicals and the application will be rejected if we don't do that in 4 weeks. I sent them an harsh response and convicted them of not being organised enough for the job they are doing.
I became very disappointed seeing your email and the final reminder which stated that my parents have not done their medicals yet.
This really surprised me because not only that they have done their e.Medicals and the results have been sent to you through e.Medical by your panel doctor, even your site confirmed the receipt as you can below:
Review of medical results We are reviewing the results of your medical exam.
This kind of system and process errors or maybe can be called negligence by CIC can cause many problems and extensive life and financial hassles for the applicants and in my humble opinion CIC needs to care more.

Maybe this accelerated the process!

rnakra

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
Just got pre arrival and medical request again for my parents from NDVO. I'm assuming as others have said I'll have to wait till Jan to get the passport request and it likely means approved for now. They mistakenly told us in June of this year to redo our medicals and I have asked for a refund many times as it was their mistake. I'm hoping we can reuse those medicals from June to submit it and save ourselves an expense but somehow i doubt it let's see. The others that are getting medicals done again did you get pre arrival letters also from NDVO?

Blue sky9

Jan 6, 2016
O ya, you can start filling out. But keep in mind that some of them (not all) may get updated. The updated forms will have few changes here and there. CIC will check the date printed on left-bottom of each form.
Hi Rossei,

Thanks for great information and helping others, you are doing awesome job.

My mom came to Canada on visitor visa, I changed address online to Canadian Address, how I can change address back to India address? Thanks
Do you know New Delhi email address?

irinako

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
hello everyone I received the passport request letter today for my parents :)

Visa Office: Ankara
Medical test: Done on first week of January 2017
pre-arrival letter and back ground check: November 1 2017
Pass request: November 3 2017
Congratulations!!!! :) :) :)
This news kind of breaks the rumors about exceeded visa quota for this year, doesn't it?

Last edited:

guha_ganesh

Nov 3, 2017
Hi - I am not sure if that is normal as there are only a few people who are active on the forum, and several others are not. So just because we see activity of only a few, we shouldn't assume that its happening with everyone else.

However, I would recommend you check your online portal to verify there is no missed communication (perhaps they sent something and you didn't get it)

If there's nothing there, then better you get in touch directly with CIC and just ask if they can update you on the latest with your file.

All the best. I am sure everything will be fine.
Thanks a lot for the information you had provided. Do you know where I can find the contact information for the CPC Ottawa to enquire further on my application status?

irinako

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
Does anybody know where the ppl whose CIC Center is Ottawa (and who are not in Canada yet) are supposed to send passports? To their local visa office? Or to any visa office?

Garry 1263

Star Member
May 23, 2017
Heard from NDVO for first time since July last year. They asked for medicals ones again for parents.

Last medicals expired in July this year. Looks like there is some movement at Delhi office lately.

Reactions: Sam0001