+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

Gsingh88

Star Member
Sep 24, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Got PPR for parents today :). They just emailed on my email. Online account still shows background check in process. They gave option of submitting passports either new delhi or ottawa office.

Reactions: Garry 1263

grange

Jul 19, 2016
I got PPR for my father today but not for my mother. Does CIC send an email for the main applicant only or for dependents as well?
The email mention the UCI for my father only.

Thanks.

carling

Star Member
Jan 17, 2017
Hi, I know most of your applications have been progressing after receiving sponsorship approval. My sponsorship was approved in March 2017 and the permanent resident file was transferred to Ottawa. Up until today i am still not able to link the application to My Account nor received further update on my parents permanent resident application. Can someone tell me how and when you were able to link your account.
I used -Permanent Resident -> Family sponsorship(parent and grandparent), then filled out the required info.
Got PPR for parents today :). They just emailed on my email. Online account still shows background check in process. They gave option of submitting passports either new delhi or ottawa office.
Hey- can u share ur timeline? Thanks.

Vision2017

Star Member
Jun 13, 2016
Category........
Other
Hello dear members, I want to plan my income for PGp visa and thus want a bit of small clarification, what actually does the word 'income' mean? Is it the one that we get as salary or the one that is obtained after deduction of taxes from salary? Regards

Gsingh88

Star Member
Sep 24, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
does any one know how to get PR visa stamped if mother and father happen to be at two different locations (India and Canada) at the time of PPR?
Hey, did you find out anything about sending passports at two diffrent visa offices ? I am in the same boat aswell. Or if anyone else have the answer for this ??

Gsingh88

Star Member
Sep 24, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey- can u share ur timeline? Thanks.
Applied jan 5,2016
Medicals: jan 2016
Decision made on ecas and background check on my cic started same day: about 2 weeks ago.
Got passport request email yesterday.
VO Ottawa

carling

Star Member
Jan 17, 2017
Hello dear members, I want to plan my income for PGp visa and thus want a bit of small clarification, what actually does the word 'income' mean? Is it the one that we get as salary or the one that is obtained after deduction of taxes from salary? Regards
Total Income that you declare on income tax return.

natasham

Sep 23, 2015
Got PPR last night!
Ottawa CPC
Here is my timeline:
Application submitted on Jan 4th 2016.
Sponsorship approved on June 2016,
Medical Requested and Done on Jan 2017,
Background check on July 31st 2017,
PPR on August 9th 2017.

Mnpatel228

Star Member
Jul 16, 2017
Got PPR last night!
Ottawa CPC
Here is my timeline:
Application submitted on Jan 4th 2016.
Sponsorship approved on June 2016,
Medical Requested and Done on Jan 2017,
Background check on July 31st 2017,
PPR on August 9th 2017.
Does this response from NDVO means that background check is in process?? PLEASE TELL ME .. I AM SO WORRIED
Under Canada’s immigration legislation, all immigrant applications are subject to statutory requirements, including medical and background checks.

These requirements must be satisfied before an applicant may be granted permanent resident status.

In this context, certain background investigations are being conducted in connection with your application.

As these investigations are conducted by outside agencies, we have no purview over the processing time.

We are therefore unable to give an exact time frame in which we expect to conclude the verifications on this case.

For now, there is no action required on your part.

Please be assured that as soon as the checks are completed the next steps in this application will be determined.

Until then, we will not be able to provide any additional information on this case.

tamilnadu

Oct 2, 2012
Hey Congratulations!!

DO you know if they allow to submit passports for mother and father at different visa offices (i.e. Delhi and Ottawa). My mother is visiting us in Canada and father is in India.

dgpatel

Star Member
Jul 16, 2016
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
File Transfer...
06-07-2016
Med's Request
30-01-2017
Med's Done....
04-02-2017
Passport Req..
23-01-2018
I received my GCMS notes today. I requested on 13 July and they printed on 4 August at 8:43 AM. In my GCMS note, i can see Due date is set on 4 August 2017. Background check is still not started. After August 4, under Review of additional documents, the message has changed to We need more documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details. I sent Medical and PCC on 6 Feb 2017.

Ywcat

Jan 6, 2016
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
05-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016