+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

ershadiubc

Apr 21, 2017
ya. same as me ,, i was showing Medical request. but i did not get email and msg. i don;t know i should just go for dr or not?
I tried to reach Ottawa VO by calling them and sending emails; no response on this at all; in my case, it is not specific to Medical Request; message is saying additional documents; not sure what additional documents?

The last response I got from Ottawa VO in May that they have all the info and documents they need for my application; it is just in processing queue; so, it is a waiting game.

Any of you reached to local MP's office? I heard they can contact CIC agent to get more details status for your application on your behalf. Some applicants told me, there are specialized agents at CIC dedicated to working with MPs and their offices so they can get more in depth information about someone's PGP application file. If anyone used this MP office service, please let us know how to proceed?

Also, many of us are on the same boat when it comes to Medical expiration; it seems a lot of us did medical last year in July - October; all these will expire in next 3-4 months; anyone received any request from Ottawa VO to redo the medical or confirmation of extending your medical for one more year. For one of my friends' case they extended the medical for one more year until April 2018.

Appreciate if anyone can share any info; we are waiting since last November for Background check to start and still waiting; not sure if everything will be done before October 2017 [medical will expire]

Elumboy

Jan 24, 2017
Application received: 4th Jan 2016
Additional documents: 28th June 2016
Approved as sponsor: January 23rd 2017
File transferred to Dakar: January 23rd 2017
Medical check up (NO PCC was requested): March 27th 2017
Passport request March 27th
Received Email that Passport was Stamped with Visa June 9 2017
Passport on it's way to Canada.

Thank you all for your great help. this forum is very useful.

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
If I remember correctly, there was a CIC OB which said that medicals can be extended to 15 months if the only thing delaying the file is new medicals. Is that OB still active?

Pla

Sep 19, 2011
Guys,

if the visa office asked for an updated form can we send it by email or I have to mail to the embassy?

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Guys,

if the visa office asked for an updated form can we send it by email or I have to mail to the embassy?
i'm going to do both ways

Reactions: Pla

balakam

Apr 18, 2015
Hi Everyone,

I applied for Permanent residence last year in January for my parents and was asked for the medicals and landing fees in July 2016. We did got the medicals done and submitted on 25 th July last year. Since that time have never heard back ever. The online application status says in process for PR. Any one on the same boat as us. Any advise or suggestions of what we should be expecting or by when it should come clear.
I am also sailing in the same boat. We did our medicals in the first week of August 2016 and in couple of months our medicals will get time barred and there is still no news from NDVO.

balakam

Apr 18, 2015
Hi Everyone,

I applied for Permanent residence last year in January for my parents and was asked for the medicals and landing fees in July 2016. We did got the medicals done and submitted on 25 th July last year. Since that time have never heard back ever. The online application status says in process for PR. Any one on the same boat as us. Any advise or suggestions of what we should be expecting or by when it should come clear.
In which visa office the file is lying?

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Would you think I can send a copy of the application or it has to be the original?
make sense to send originals by mail and scan copy by e-mail
I send copies by e-mail , my mom will send originals by mail since we need send a fotos them anyway

ershadiubc

Apr 21, 2017
Hi All,

I just moved from one city to another within Ontario province; situation for my parents application submitted in 2016; SA is approved in June 3rd 2016; done medical and passed; all fees are paid and PCC submitted in October 2016. Online status showing, they will start background check soon.

Question I have should I change the address online for submitted application at this stage or just go for a mail forwarding service [temporarily for 3 months] from my old address to new one?

Just wondering if I make an update to my application now, will it delay the processing? Just don't want to take a chance. Any inputs from anyone?

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Hi All,

I just moved from one city to another within Ontario province; situation for my parents application submitted in 2016; SA is approved in June 3rd 2016; done medical and passed; all fees are paid and PCC submitted in October 2016. Online status showing, they will start background check soon.

Question I have should I change the address online for submitted application at this stage or just go for a mail forwarding service [temporarily for 3 months] from my old address to new one?

Just wondering if I make an update to my application now, will it delay the processing? Just don't want to take a chance. Any inputs from anyone?
It should have no effect.

Elumboy

Jan 24, 2017
Hello Guys,

I got my moms Passport today with PR visa stamp.
Are there options to complete landing without having to cross the border?
My mom leaves with me in Calgary on Supervisa.

Thanks

Garry 1263

Star Member
May 23, 2017
Hello Guys,

I got my moms Passport today with PR visa stamp.
Are there options to complete landing without having to cross the border?
My mom leaves with me in Calgary on Supervisa.

Thanks
Hello There,

Can you please share the time line of your case, medicals for my parents going to expire in month from now for us, NDVO N little concerned.

Hope u don't mind sharing