+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

rnakra

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
Can someone help - has anyone recently been requested to re do their medicals? I am concerned as my parents passed their medicals back in August 2016 but lots of people who did it in July even did not get a request for another medical.

adip19

Sep 19, 2016
Can someone help - has anyone recently been requested to re do their medicals? I am concerned as my parents passed their medicals back in August 2016 but lots of people who did it in July even did not get a request for another medical.
Background check has not started yet ; do you think it is possible to stamp the visa in a month time and land. So I think most of us will get re-medical request. You should go ahead and re-do the medical.

bsz

Star Member
Aug 22, 2011
there are many people here who their parents have done their medicals but have not received anything else. This means that soon they will pay again for another medical as it expires.
How about sending a petition to CIC and protest to their workflow issues that cause double payment for the immigrants?

kaka555

Star Member
Mar 24, 2016
my mom's last visit was 9th of May 2017, 6 consecutives days of going back and forth at St. Luke's Medical Center. on the 9th of May she was scheduled to finalized her medical and panel physician told her everything was fine, her x ray test was negative and they will send the result as soon as possible to immigration. however, on the 8th of June, i received an email on my yahoo account, its a letter coming from MANILMC@international.gc.ca stating ''YOUR IMMIGRATION MEDICAL EXAMINATION RESULT HAS BEEN RECEIVED AND IN ORDER TO COMPLETE THE ASSESMENT ADDITIONAL INFORMATION IS REQUIRED''. i am wondering why local visa office in manila sent this letter knowing my visa office was ottawa. on the letter there is attachment forms to print but its blank...the attachment form is missing. i emailed them 3 times regarding about the possible mistakes or an error with the system. my mom got no problem in returning to the hospital but she got no letter to present to them. i emailed CPC-CTD-OTTAWA too, maybe 4 times but i got no confirmation at all. i don't understand what's going on.

p.s.
on my gckey and ecas account there is no changes just an email to my yahoo.

-proulx-
Hi Proulx,dadaum, makra and all others

I have already submitted re-do medical as my medical expire in May 2016 and requested again by cic so submitted . I am of the view, of those whose files are on the table with the officer are, only getting their re-do medical REQUEST. to get your files Decision Made soon re-do and submit.

Last edited:

mimosalv

Jun 14, 2017
there are many people here who their parents have done their medicals but have not received anything else. This means that soon they will pay again for another medical as it expires.
How about sending a petition to CIC and protest to their workflow issues that cause double payment for the immigrants?
How to send petition? Our medicals will expire soon. To redo, it will cost a lot of money. We are just normal working class with family to raise and tax to pay. Just don't understand why CIC doesn't send medical, and landing fee request just before they are finalising? The waiting is like a torture.

My friend's parents got approved, even without background check (the status shows "not started" all the time). For my case, they didn't start background check even after submitting everything for 9 months, confirmed by calling CIC. The guy on the phone said it's normal processing time. Just wondering if CIC decides to start background check several months later, and background check last another 1 year, does it mean we need to redo medicals third time?

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
OMG we pay 260US/person in Moscow :(

El1975

Dec 23, 2016
My parents background check has changed in progress and the other website states decision made, but we have not received any email yet...hopefully soon.

toronto_dun

Star Member
Nov 23, 2013
Just got a request for detailed military service info for my dad. Kind of strange because it was over 40 years ago, but not the worst thing. Encouraging, after 6 months of silence. Ottawa office, meds expire in September.

tamilnadu

Oct 2, 2012
Just got a request for detailed military service info for my dad. Kind of strange because it was over 40 years ago, but not the worst thing. Encouraging, after 6 months of silence. Ottawa office, meds expire in September.
Has your background status been in progress, or has changed recently?

Pla

Sep 19, 2011
Hello Everyone,

I need your help please.
The visa office is finalizing our application and they ask us to provide a schedule A form but they did not told us how to submit it? Do you know where we should send it is it to the embassy or to Mississauga? can we submit by email ?

balakam

Apr 18, 2015
Hi Everyone,

I applied for Permanent residence last year in January for my parents and was asked for the medicals and landing fees in July 2016. We did got the medicals done and submitted on 25 th July last year. Since that time have never heard back ever. The online application status says in process for PR. Any one on the same boat as us. Any advise or suggestions of what we should be expecting or by when it should come clear.
Same case with me too and in fact we have paid the landing fees too along with police clearance. Wonder how long they will take to make a decision.