+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

SH Korea

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
Hi everyone!

It's been a while since I logged in last time. I just wanted to say that my parents finally landed in Canada yesterday at the Toronto Pearson Airport. I was a little worried because my parents can't speak English much, but the process went smoothly with no problem.

I would like to thank everyone here for all the advice and tips, and I hope that everyone can reunite with their parents in Canada real soon.

Wish you everyone all the best!!

Reactions: tweetyishere

lorelay

Oct 11, 2016
I checked my status today and I find this message:

Review of additional documents: We need additional documents to process your application. Check your messages below for details.

But I dont have any message. I sent an email at VO (Bucharest).
I received the CAIPS notes and everything was OK. Medical, criminality, security is Passed.
I dont know what they want now....

ershadiubc

Apr 21, 2017

Review of additional documents: We need additional documents to process your application. Check your messages below for details.

I received the CAIPS notes and everything was OK. Medical, criminality, security is Passed.
I have noticed the same change of status when I checked the status today:

But the Application message section is empty. What is CAIPS notes? How did you get it? Do you need to request for it? I tried to contact Ottawa VO; and they are not providing any specific such as Medical/criminality/security is passed; all they say is it is in processing queue now.

lorelay

Oct 11, 2016

But the Application message section is empty. What is CAIPS notes? How did you get it? Do you need to request for it? I tried to contact Ottawa VO; and they are not providing any specific such as Medical/criminality/security is passed; all they say is it is in processing queue now.
GCMS is short for 'Global Case Management System', which is the computer system that IRCC officers use to process all immigration and visa applications. You will receive a PDF doc. But it takes almost 4-5 weeks. You can order online. Just search in Google Caips notes.

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Good news from Warsaw LVO
Finally got IME/PCC request :)

planningtogo

Aug 1, 2011
Bacolod, Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

My parents got the PPR on June 5 from Manila VO. I am just wondering how long will their passport be returned if we send it next week?

We plan to book them for a July trip. The visa is only good until August as per emaIL.

Thanks!

tweetyishere

Star Member
Jun 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Doc's Request.
25-11-2016
AOR Received.
10-06-2016
File Transfer...
12-08-2016
Med's Request
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
03-11-2016
Hi everyone!

It's been a while since I logged in last time. I just wanted to say that my parents finally landed in Canada yesterday at the Toronto Pearson Airport. I was a little worried because my parents can't speak English much, but the process went smoothly with no problem.

I would like to thank everyone here for all the advice and tips, and I hope that everyone can reunite with their parents in Canada real soon.

Wish you everyone all the best!!
Congratulations SH Korea :)
I am glad that you finally have your parents with you :) it is a good time with the beginning of the summer :)

scell

Jan 31, 2011
Hi

My parents got PPR this morning, June 7th!!! Here's the time line since medicals/PCC

LVO: London

Medicals/pcc - Request: December 22, 2016, Submitted January, 2017
Updated Schedule A request: April 11, 2017, Submitted within a week
Background check in process and Decision made on ECAS: Somewhere between May 22 - 29. I wasn't checking mycic regularly, checked after a week on May 29th and the status had changed.

I have a question. With the PPR, they have asked to fill out the attached Appendix A - Updated information chart. However, there are no instructions as to who should fill out this form. Do they only want Principal Applicant (my dad) and spouse's (my mother) information or should I fill out mine and my siblings info under Child?

Hopefully all those waiting will get PPR soon and be re-united with their parents!

cco

Mar 23, 2016
Hello everyone,
I just check my cic account, i saw is action request for my parent Medical exam. but i did not get the email for the form for this request. should i still going to DR. do the medical exam request? or wait for the email ?

cco

Mar 23, 2016

ya. same as me ,, i was showing Medical request. but i did not get email and msg. i don;t know i should just go for dr or not?

cco

Mar 23, 2016
Hello All

I am jan 5 2016 applicant, file transfered to ottawa in March. and no comunication after that, Today i checked my Gckey account, and medical status is as below
"We have requested a medical exam. check your messages below for details."

and there is no message in Application message section.
Ecas shows Application Received.
Anyone in same boat.
ya. same as me, but my was transfer to HK

ztariq

Star Member
Oct 12, 2016

Hi,

I am from London Visa office and today MyCIC status says the same that "We need additional documents to process your application. Check your messages below for details". But I do not see any new message.
Did anyone figure out whats going on? what kind of additional document is this?
I also, noticed a new line for Biometrics however, it says We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Anyone else see this new status?

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Hello everyone,
I just check my cic account, i saw is action request for my parent Medical exam. but i did not get the email for the form for this request. should i still going to DR. do the medical exam request? or wait for the email ?
if you can print medical form don't waste your time, we have just 30 days ;)