+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

Sam0001

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
Hi Coolguysam,

The problem is that the no. is next to none for NDVO applicants getting accepted. hardly 5%
Compared to atleast 50% of ottawa office applicants getting their file approved and done.

Do you think NDVO will get it done in 2017 ?

rnakra

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
Medicals are only valid for a year so I really hope they do but it doesnt mean for sure they will - they can easily ask for another medical....

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Sam0001 said:
Hi Coolguysam,

The problem is that the no. is next to none for NDVO applicants getting accepted. hardly 5%
Compared to atleast 50% of ottawa office applicants getting their file approved and done.

Hmmmm I have read in this forum that some people have already got visa stamped who belong to NDVO office. Their file was transferred last year. Mine was just transferred this year Feb. end.
I am hoping for the files to be processed this year.

myYahoo

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-07-2013
AOR Received.
26-09-2013
Med's Request
03-03-2014
Med's Done....
05-03-2014
Passport Req..
17-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-03-2014
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
New Delhi Visa office is very very very slow, Not sure whether they are working or not.

I am also waiting for just Passport request since Aug 2016.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Sam0001 said:
Hi Coolguysam,

If you take all post-2011 applicants into account, that may not be true (considering all 2014 - 16 application are being treated same way). I have 47 cases in total from 2014, 2015 & 2016 database whose applications have moved to NDVO upon approval.

No. of Files No. of IME/PCC No. of PPR
NDVO: 47 34 16
CPC-O: 237 151 75

%-wise,
NDVO has 72.34% applicants who received Medical/PCC requests out of which 47.06% have got PPR.
CPC-O has 63.71% applicants who received Medical/PCC requests out of which 49.67% have got PPR.

Not much different, is it? But I agree that NDVO seems slow in processing only 2016 cases, but same as Ottawa overall. The issue is NDVO asked for docs too early, right after the files were transferred which led people think that they would be done by 2016. Most LVO's ask for docs after few months the files get transferred and/or start processing.

El1975

Dec 23, 2016
Rossei said:
If you take all post-2011 applicants into account, that may not be true (considering all 2014 - 16 application are being treated same way). I have 47 cases in total from 2014, 2015 & 2016 database whose applications have moved to NDVO upon approval.

No. of Files No. of IME/PCC No. of PPR
NDVO: 47 34 16
CPC-O: 237 151 75

%-wise,
NDVO has 72.34% applicants who received Medical/PCC requests out of which 47.06% have got PPR.
CPC-O has 63.71% applicants who received Medical/PCC requests out of which 49.67% have got PPR.

Not much different, is it? But I agree that NDVO seems slow in processing only 2016 cases, but same as Ottawa overall. The issue is NDVO asked for docs too early, right after the files were transferred which led people think that they would be done by 2016. Most LVO's ask for docs after few months the files get transferred and/or start processing.
Hi Rossei. Do you think they might not be able to finalize the process within a year? Our medical expires in September and our background check hasn't started yet. Office is Ottawa. Please advise. Thank you.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
El1975 said:
Hi Rossei. Do you think they might not be able to finalize the process within a year? Our medical expires in September and our background check hasn't started yet. Office is Ottawa. Please advise. Thank you.
I'm pretty sure all LVO will like to finalize cases before their medical expires. Otherwise, it will just require more time+money+manpower+processing just to request another medical and review it.

Having said that, if they can't, they will most likely ask for a re-medical.

LCanada

Nov 29, 2016
Hi Rossei and friends - I have 2 questions that I was hoping you could kindly help me with:

1) My mom's passport has expired and she just got the new one. Do I have to send the new passport information to CIC or should I wait for them to ask the passaport and I will then send them both the old and the new passport?

2) I was approved as a sponsor in June 2016 and the file was transfered to Brazil. I'm still waiting for them to start the background check, but nothing yet. I called the CIC Canada and they told me to call the Brazil LVO. I then sent an email to the Brazil LVO and they replyed saying that there is no ETA to provide me.

In general, do you think the timeline for processing applications is managed by the CIC Canada? I mean... do you think Canada monitors the LVOs timelines? I ask because it seems like the Ottawa LVO is processing the applications much faster than some other local LVOs. In fairness, I think we should expect that all the applicants will have similar timelines to get the applications completed, right?

Thank you.

Aporajita

Mar 9, 2016
Re: Please put your insights when application got refused because of missing mail

Thank you so much for your input! Now I am planning to hire a lawyer. Wondering if you guys know any efficient immigration lawyer who could deal this case.
Rossei said:
I'm sorry to hear that.

If Ottawa really sent a request for medical and RPRF, it's most likely that they sent it via email. And you're saying that neither you nor your parents checked it for some time? If the request actually came in an email and you guys overlooked it; then I recommend to hire a lawyer to deal with this. On the other hand, if it never came (mail or email); then you have a much stronger case.

In any way, I think you should be hopeful to straighten this out.

Aporajita

Mar 9, 2016
Re: Please put your insights when application got refused because of missing mail

Thank you so much for your input! Now I am planning to hire a lawyer. Wondering if you guys know any efficient immigration lawyer who could deal this case, would be appreciated.
Rossei said:
I'm sorry to hear that.

If Ottawa really sent a request for medical and RPRF, it's most likely that they sent it via email. And you're saying that neither you nor your parents checked it for some time? If the request actually came in email and you guys overlooked it; then I recommend to hire a lawyer to deal with this. On the other hand, if it never came (mail or email); then you have a much stronger case.

In any way, I think you should be hopeful to straighten this out.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
@Aporajita

you didn't have the application linked to the online cic account? If the application is linked online then you can check for status updates by logging into the cic account. Did you check your/parents email and physical mail to see if there was any correspondence from cic?

TA_Hoss

Dec 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mhievalencia said:
submitted jan 2016
accepted sponsor feb 2016
medical july 2016
paid fee aug 2016
final stage to submit passport march 2017
medical expiring april 28, submitted previous medical from the tourist visa extension last april 2016.

Hi, how did you submit the medical exams report from the previous one. My parents did the Medical examination for super visa just a month ago and that passed. Now from CIC they send a request to do medical examination for PR processing. Is that medical exam report will be valid for PR process too. please let me know how can I inform the visa office that my parents already did there medical exam and how can I know that medical report is still valid for PR. Thanks

TA_Hoss

Dec 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I need to know how long the medical exam report is valid.My parents did a medical examination for super visa just a month ago and that passed. Now From visa office we got a request to do medical examination and police clearance
for my parents for permanent residence . But as my parents already did their medical for super visa so now do they need to do it again for PR processing. how can I inform visa office about the situation that my parents have already did medical for super visa only a month ago and how can I know that medical report is still valid. Thanks a lot . please if anyone know anything about it please inform me. thanks.

jeffporfirio1

Dec 21, 2016
Sask
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TA_Hoss said:
Hi All,

I need to know how long the medical exam report is valid.My parents did a medical examination for super visa just a month ago and that passed. Now From visa office we got a request to do medical examination and police clearance
for my parents for permanent residence . But as my parents already did their medical for super visa so now do they need to do it again for PR processing. how can I inform visa office about the situation that my parents have already did medical for super visa only a month ago and how can I know that medical report is still valid. Thanks a lot . please if anyone know anything about it please inform me. thanks.
1year

TA_Hoss

Dec 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jeffporfirio1 said:
So that medical report is still valid. But then why did the visa office ask to do medical exam again. How can I inform visa office that my parents already did medical. thanks