+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

rnakra

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
Has anyone had the issue when I log into my account using my gckey the only option it will give me is to press continue to return to the Canadian and Immigration website. I have to login 4 to 5 times before it actually goes to the terms and conditions and then ask me for my security question, its quite annoying. Anyone have a similar experience or maybe I am using a wrong link to login to the gckey?

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
rnakra said:
Has anyone had the issue when I log into my account using my gckey the only option it will give me is to press continue to return to the Canadian and Immigration website. I have to login 4 to 5 times before it actually goes to the terms and conditions and then ask me for my security question, its quite annoying. Anyone have a similar experience or maybe I am using a wrong link to login to the gckey?
https://clegc-gckey.gc.ca/j/eng/l?ReqID=s21cac301c796b3bc86f6ae601d8220931537ecd93

citizenship_seeker

Star Member
May 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
highway52 said:
I already provided them with my birth certificate when I submitted the application which has my mother's name on it.
I just emailed them back today with my matriculation cert and old Indian passport. They asked only for these two things.
Let us see and hope for best
Ok I read your whole email carefully and then searched my emails to find out the documents that were asked from me. I had the following snippet in my email:

Documents which clearly establish the relationship between you and your sponsor as well as between you and your accompanying family members. Please provide a minimum of two (2) of the following: original birth certificates in original language issued by the Registrar of Births and Deaths, school documents such as Fifth, Middle, Matriculation or Senior Secondary school certificates and/or mark sheets from an education board, certified copy of your sponsor’s old Indian passport showing the sponsor’s name and the parents’ names, Indian marriage certificates showing parents’ names, and voter identification cards. At least one of the documents must have been issued before the date your sponsor became a permanent resident of Canada. Note: All documents not in English or French must be accompanied by a certified translation into English or French.

q Documents that clearly establish the relationship between you and your accompanying family members. If you have dependants under 22 years of age, please provide a minimum of two (2) of the following: original birth certificates in original language issued by the Registrar of Births and Deaths, school documents such as Fifth, Middle, Matriculation or Senior Secondary school certificates and/or mark sheets from an education board, certified copy of your dependant’s old Indian passport showing his/her name and the parents’ names. At least one of the documents must have been issued before the date your sponsor became a permanent resident of Canada. Note: All documents not in English or French must be accompanied by a certified translation into English or French.

Also you are saying that you emailed these documents. Did they ask you to email them or send the actual physical documents (certified copy of passport of course) to their office? I remember sending the documents physically because I was also asked to send PCC along with these documents.

singhraminder

Jan 5, 2015
Has anyone any info on how long BC can take ?
My Parents BC started around first week of January and still is in Progress?
I read it takes time if the person in question is well travelled which is correct in my parent's case.

Thanks

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
singhraminder said:
Has anyone any info on how long BC can take ?
My Parents BC started around first week of January and still is in Progress?
I read it takes time if the person in question is well travelled which is correct in my parent's case.

Thanks
Not always true. Although my mom travelled to more than 15 countries mostly with my dad and she was also asked to submit an updated Background form with address and history since age 18; it didn't take too long for her to get her PPR. Here's a snippet of her timeline:

10-Aug-2016: IME, PCC, RPRF, IMM5669 (since age 18) & Death Cert. requested via email by Singapore
26-Aug-2016: Singapore received all docs
01-Sep-2016: BG went in-progress
06-Sep-2016: Medical report uploaded by doctor
08-Sep-2016: Medical passed in MyCIC
12-Sep-2016: PPR received

singhraminder

Jan 5, 2015
Thanks Rossie

I hope there is nothing to worry about, as it has been in Progress for almost 2 and half months.
Medical Results are passed. Just waiting for the PPR now.

Regards
Raminder

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
singhraminder said:
Thanks Rossie

I hope there is nothing to worry about, as it has been in Progress for almost 2 and half months.
Medical Results are passed. Just waiting for the PPR now.

Regards
Raminder
Yea, nothing to worry here. BTW, Singapore has been really fast in processing PGP apps recently.

SC89

Aug 24, 2013
Visa Office......
New Delhi
VISA ISSUED...
I
hello everyone :)

looking for some help to apply for visitor visa for my mom. I'm expecting and due in July. And would like to invite my mom from India. I was wondering if anyone could send me a format/template of a letter from doctor ?
My doctor just wrote my due date on small note pad. And I believe immigration would need something more professional.
thank you in advance !!!!

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
SC89 said:

looking for some help to apply for visitor visa for my mom. I'm expecting and due in July. And would like to invite my mom from India. I was wondering if anyone could send me a format/template of a letter from doctor ?
My doctor just wrote my due date on small note pad. And I believe immigration would need something more professional.
This thread is for Sponsoring Parents for PR.

Anyway, I PM'd you with an example. Good luck with your baby and TRV application.

Aporajita

Mar 9, 2016
Please put your insights when application got refused because of missing mail

Hi Rossei and Forum Members,

I've been following you for a while and you guys have been doing a phenomenal job. Was looking for the expert to get help, thought you'd be helpful in my predicament.

I had applied for the PGP program for my parents before Jan 1st, 2014 and CIC received that on January 10, 2014. They started processing the application on March 18, 2016.
On April 14, 2016, I received their first e-mail saying that I met the requirements to sponsor my parents and they are going to forward the application to the CPC – Ottawa office for further processing.
Meanwhile, I was checking my application status now and then, and saying from ‘processing’ to ‘decision made’ (can’t remember the date exactly, may be June ’16).
I received their last mail on Jan 11, 17 which said that they are refusing my application because my parents did not respond to the RPRF issued on June 23rd 16 and Medical request issued on 21st June, 16.
Having discussed this with them, I realized that my parents did not receive any mail from CIC, nor were they able to check their email which was included in their application (which I checked for later on) and missing mail is not a common phenomenon in Bangladesh.
On my last mail, I was told I could go for an appeal to Immigration Appeal Division (IAD) within 30 days of notification, and I already did that. They acknowledged my notice of appeal on Jan 30th, 17 and waited for the hearing date. I haven’t appointed anyone (Attorney) on behalf of me yet, wondering if you could give me any advice on this matter.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
SC89 said:

To whom it may concern

This is to certify that "your name" is pregnant and is due on "date". She would like to invite her mother from India to see the baby and spend some quality time with the family.

Doctor's details

adip19

Sep 19, 2016
Re: Please put your insights when application got refused because of missing mail

Aporajita said:
Hi Rossei and Forum Members,

I've been following you for a while and you guys have been doing a phenomenal job. Was looking for the expert to get help, thought you'd be helpful in my predicament.

I had applied for the PGP program for my parents before Jan 1st, 2014 and CIC received that on January 10, 2014. They started processing the application on March 18, 2016.
On April 14, 2016, I received their first e-mail saying that I met the requirements to sponsor my parents and they are going to forward the application to the CPC – Ottawa office for further processing.
Meanwhile, I was checking my application status now and then, and saying from ‘processing’ to ‘decision made’ (can’t remember the date exactly, may be June ’16).
I received their last mail on Jan 11, 17 which said that they are refusing my application because my parents did not respond to the RPRF issued on June 23rd 16 and Medical request issued on 21st June, 16.
Having discussed this with them, I realized that my parents did not receive any mail from CIC, nor were they able to check their email which was included in their application (which I checked for later on) and missing mail is not a common phenomenon in Bangladesh.
On my last mail, I was told I could go for an appeal to Immigration Appeal Division (IAD) within 30 days of notification, and I already did that. They acknowledged my notice of appeal on Jan 30th, 17 and waited for the hearing date. I haven’t appointed anyone (Attorney) on behalf of me yet, wondering if you could give me any advice on this matter.
I think you have strong case, as no one thought that they will be processing applications so fast. Also, on site it still states that they are processing 2014 applications only.