+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

highway52

Jan 26, 2016
adip19 said:
Please read the email carefully, Are they asking for your tenth certificate and old passport copy to verify yours mother's name in your documents. All of us submitted same to ND office
You may be right. I didnt submit my old Indian passport with application since I am Canadian citizen with Canadian passport.
Also 10th certificate has my father's name not mother's name. My father is no more. It is confusing

highway52

Jan 26, 2016
citizenship_seeker said:
So what help do you need regarding this? If you have all these documents then you should send them. Maybe they want to verify her information like her father's name etc on her passport/matriculation certificate/pr application etc.
This doesn't make sense. Why would they ask for my mother's old Indian passport. They have copy of her current passport and birth cert to establish her relationship with her father. I think they are asking for my 10th cert and old Indian passport to establish my relationship (sponsor) with my mother not her father

I have my matriculation certification as well as cancelled Indian passport. I can email them. I am asking the community here whether anyone else experienced the same and what did they do?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
cco said:
I saw my parent application was "IN process" last week.( after i got email said the file transfered to location-VO. but today i check . it is show back to "Application Received". is it normal to everyone? hope it won't delay the process.
Happened to me once and it changed back to "In Process" after few days.

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
highway52 said:
This doesn't make sense. Why would they ask for my mother's old Indian passport. They have copy of her current passport and birth cert to establish her relationship with her father. I think they are asking for my 10th cert and old Indian passport to establish my relationship (sponsor) with my mother not her father

I have my matriculation certification as well as cancelled Indian passport. I can email them. I am asking the community here whether anyone else experienced the same and what did they do?
Matriculation is 10th so yes they are asking for 10th certificate. I guess the reason for the same is that these are historical records and are much harder to falsify given the time period. You can provide 12th as well since you said your mom's name is not there. For my friend, they asked 10th and 12th both.

In my friend's case the letter was clear to provide the old passport for the sponsor. My advice is to provide yours and your mothers. Let them deal with it and see which they want in the absence of the direction in the letter.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
highway52 said:

When submitting parents passport, all passports needs to be submitted (all old and the current one). The new Indian passports have the previous old passport's number mentioned on it and that's why cic is asking for your mother's old passport.

Maybe that's the case here.

Ibaadat

Jan 28, 2013
Toronto
I am in 2015 PGP batch. Did anyone requested GCMS and have any idea how could I tell if security is completed or not started or in progress. They redact information related to security but I heard you can still guess from gcms notes if it's started or not. visa office is London and I wonder how much longer it will take after all their requested docs are sent.

highway52

Jan 26, 2016
dbss said:
Matriculation is 10th so yes they are asking for 10th certificate. I guess the reason for the same is that these are historical records and are much harder to falsify given the time period. You can provide 12th as well since you said your mom's name is not there. For my friend, they asked 10th and 12th both.

In my friend's case the letter was clear to provide the old passport for the sponsor. My advice is to provide yours and your mothers. Let them deal with it and see which they want in the absence of the direction in the letter.
If I read email carefully below (highlighted) ,it has my UCI number and name. This makes me believe that they are requesting sponsor's 10th cert and old Indian passport. It serves two purpose, to check my mother's name on passport and my country of origin

Dear MOTHER NAME:

This refers to your application for admission to Canada.

In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following:

Ø MY UCI NUMBER - MY NAME:

Ø Education diplomas/degrees: Education certificate for matriculation. This must be received at this office by: 2017/04/20

Ø Passport/Travel Document: Valid passport or travel document (copy of old Indian passport). This must be received at this office by: 2017/04/20

adip19

Sep 19, 2016
highway52 said:

You should submit whatever you have in hand and if possible, any other document, may be old Indian Ration card or Voter ID to prove relationship ; Husband name is written on Indian voter ID. Also I sent notarized copy of my old Indian Passport-thats what they ask for

highway52

Jan 26, 2016
adip19 said:
You should submit whatever you have in hand and if possible, any other document, may be old Indian Ration card or Voter ID to prove relationship ; Husband name is written on Indian voter ID. Also I sent notarized copy of my old Indian Passport-thats what they ask for
I already provided them with my birth certificate when I submitted the application which has my mother's name on it.
I just emailed them back today with my matriculation cert and old Indian passport. They asked only for these two things.
Let us see and hope for best

reachmenow

May 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Family PGP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2015
Doc's Request.
07-JULY-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
24-06-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
24-June-2016
Med's Request
07-July-2016
Med's Done....
08-Aug-2016
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-March-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-March-2017
LANDED..........
Sometime Before August 2017
Hi guys

Finally this morning received PPR for my moms file from NdVO

Thanks

myYahoo

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-07-2013
AOR Received.
26-09-2013
Med's Request
03-03-2014
Med's Done....
05-03-2014
Passport Req..
17-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-03-2014
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
reachmenow said:
Hi guys

Thanks
Thanks for update, could you please let us know your status massage in MYCIC and processing status?

adip19

Sep 19, 2016
reachmenow said:
Hi guys

Thanks
Congratulations! When did your BC change to in progress and when decision was made on your file.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
avi_15 said:
My parents got the stamped passports back today from New Delhi. Finally Journey is over and that too is superfast time.. :eek:

Good Luck everyone.
What's the visa issuance date?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
reachmenow said:
Hi guys

Thanks
Are you in the SS? If not, I would like to add you there.