+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

pkur

Mar 15, 2016
Hello Everyone

This morning when I checked my mom's application status, it appeared to me bit different than previous status information if I am not wrong, so guys heads up and check your status too and let us share .

In My case:
Application status : We received your application.....
Review of eligibility: we are reviewing.........
Review of medical results : you passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: not applicable
Interview : you do not need an interview. We will send......
Background check: Not applicable
Final Decision : Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once final decision has been made.

Application timeline:
Applied : Jan 4, 2016,
Medical passed: July , 2016
PCC /RPRF/Additional Documents submitted: Sept 2016

mghchdh

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Med's Request
23-02-2017
Thank you soo much! your response is appreciated - and yes I did find that option.
Thanks alot.

El1975

Dec 23, 2016
pkur said:
Hello Everyone

This morning when I checked my mom's application status, it appeared to me bit different than previous status information if I am not wrong, so guys heads up and check your status too and let us share .

In My case:
Application status : We received your application.....
Review of eligibility: we are reviewing.........
Review of medical results : you passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: not applicable
Interview : you do not need an interview. We will send......
Background check: Not applicable
Final Decision : Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once final decision has been made.

Application timeline:
Applied : Jan 4, 2016,
Medical passed: July , 2016
PCC /RPRF/Additional Documents submitted: Sept 2016
Yes, for my parents application was the same as yours, different from previously. Hope something is moving..cross fingers... thanks

Application timeline:
Applied: Jan 4,2016
Medical done: September 20,2016
PPC/ RPRF/Additional doc submitted: October,2016

kilamans

Feb 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga jan '16
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Credit card charged jan '16
AOR Received.
AOR - Feb '16
File Transfer...
Ottawa Aug '16
Med's Request
Oct '16 & for PCC
Med's Done....
Nov '16 & for PCC
yes, even i see changes for my parents application

Application status: We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: Not applicable.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: Your application is in progress. The next step is to conduct a background check.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

changes in Background check and final decision, shows some positive sign

Application submitted details are under the logo on left side of the screen

note: there is no changes under https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas

Shravzs

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2016
Doc's Request.
06-07-2016
AOR Received.
25-07-2016
File Transfer...
03-02-2017
My parents is a bit different

Application status We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents Not applicable.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check Your application is in progress. The next step is to conduct a background check.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

till yesterday Application status was in process and review of eligibility had an input. Today all the other items have these descriptions.

Ywcat

Jan 6, 2016
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
05-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Request
07-02-2017
Med's Done....
08-12-2016
Application status We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided have been uploaded.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check Your application is in progress. The next step is to conduct a background check.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

"Background check" was NOT STARTED before

Shravzs

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2016
Doc's Request.
06-07-2016
AOR Received.
25-07-2016
File Transfer...
03-02-2017
HI Rossie

can you please clarify. I only see my dads name for the PR. When I had applied for visa for both of them even though mom was indicated as dependent i could see a line item for her and the progress, but for PR i only see my dad's name.

At one point before sponsorship i think i saw my mom indicated as a dependent but now i don't see anything for my mom.

Is this normal?

Regards
Shravzs

Simp

Nov 6, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Thank you so much for your reply.

My parents had their medical done and for my father they asked to call back after 2 days as his xray need to be reported ( though he is not any medication and no disease symptoms but lungs were over inflated in Xray ) but for mother they said evthng is fine.So i dont know how it goes ?

Let us see.

S

ztariq said:
Hello Simp,

Their medical went well, my dad was sent for an ECG after the tests due to his BP being a little high and after 7 days the status of medical changed to passed on myCIC.
If your parents are hypertensive dont worry about it. they will pass their medicals.

The requested documents from London Visa office were mailed to the address which can be found on the letter received.

I also had the soft copies of the documents and I uploaded them to the MyCIC account. I did not email anything. Only mail the hard copies and uploaded the soft copies.

Also for schedule A, I used the most recent January 2017 form as both the forms online are IMM5669-E.

Hope this helps !

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
kilamans said:
yes, even i see changes for my parents application

Application status: We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: Not applicable.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: Your application is in progress. The next step is to conduct a background check.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

changes in Background check and final decision, shows some positive sign

Application submitted details are under the logo on left side of the screen

note: there is no changes under https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas
If I remember correctly, the updates before were very small as in application received and such. Do we know what these updates mean and how long does it take once these updates kick in?

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
They just changed the layout and status update "strings".

I do not think it means Background check has started. It clearly says that background check is the next step. They have not started yet.

ztariq

Star Member
Oct 12, 2016
Dont worry, they will pass their exam. Just wait and check the status in mycic after 4 to 5 business days.

Good Luck !

Simp said:
Hi,

Thank you so much for your reply.

My parents had their medical done and for my father they asked to call back after 2 days as his xray need to be reported ( though he is not any medication and no disease symptoms but lungs were over inflated in Xray ) but for mother they said evthng is fine.So i dont know how it goes ?

Let us see.

S

ztariq

Star Member
Oct 12, 2016
Yes, that is right they have just added more details. It doesnt say that the background check has started. I believe the status will change to Background check is in progress or started when it will actually start.

_MK_ said:

I do not think it means Background check has started. It clearly says that background check is the next step. They have not started yet.

myYahoo

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-07-2013
AOR Received.
26-09-2013
Med's Request
03-03-2014
Med's Done....
05-03-2014
Passport Req..
17-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-03-2014
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
Application status We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. Help
Review of additional documents Not applicable. Help
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Background check Your application is in progress. The next step is to conduct a background check. Help

myYahoo

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-07-2013
AOR Received.
26-09-2013
Med's Request
03-03-2014
Med's Done....
05-03-2014
Passport Req..
17-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-03-2014
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
_MK_ said:

Agree, they have just changed the wordings.

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
myYahoo said:
Agree, they have just changed the wordings.
What I meant to say/ask was that these changes to the strings are probably a result of a change that happened on the profile of the applicant because for the longest time I have seen the other updates. Unless this is the way CIC is updating for all regardless of what the stage the application has reached.