+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

toronto_dun

Star Member
Nov 23, 2013
I've been trying to link MyCIC to the application for the last 6 months and no luck. How can this be so poorly designed?

Anyway, the only field that I'm not sure I'm entering correctly is the number of people in the application. Here is my situation - I'm sponsoring 2 parents, I have my wife as a co-signer, and we have two kids.

So what do I put in as the number of people - 2 (the sponsored) 4 (parents plus sponsors) or 6 (the total family size used for income cut off calculation)?

Any other things I should try? They send their meds in September, and I cannot even check if they passed :(

jeffporfirio1

Dec 21, 2016
Sask
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
toronto_dun said:
I've been trying to link MyCIC to the application for the last 6 months and no luck. How can this be so poorly designed?

Anyway, the only field that I'm not sure I'm entering correctly is the number of people in the application. Here is my situation - I'm sponsoring 2 parents, I have my wife as a co-signer, and we have two kids.

So what do I put in as the number of people - 2 (the sponsored) 4 (parents plus sponsors) or 6 (the total family size used for income cut off calculation)?

Any other things I should try? They send their meds in September, and I cannot even check if they passed :(
Just enter the number of adults and a [SPACE] for the city of birth

punchshp

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 Jan 2015
Doc's Request.
April 2016
AOR Received.
May 2015
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
12 Jul 2016
Med's Request
15 Aug 2016
Med's Done....
25 Aug 2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
jeffporfirio1 said:
Just enter the number of adults and a [SPACE] for the city of birth
Thanks space thing worked for me I was trying since long too.

lorelay

Oct 11, 2016
Shravzs said:
My parents is a bit different

Application status We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents Not applicable.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check Your application is in progress. The next step is to conduct a background check.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

till yesterday Application status was in process and review of eligibility had an input. Today all the other items have these descriptions.
My mom status is same but the BC is different:

Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Calainp

Star Member
Dec 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Usernames in the spreadsheet:
CGY16
BC16

ecas updated to Decision made as of March 4, 2017 and no PPR yet.

ztariq

Star Member
Oct 12, 2016
Thats great, when did you submit medicals and PCC and what is your LVO.

Regards,

Z

lorelay said:
My mom status is same but the BC is different:

Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

lorelay

Oct 11, 2016
ztariq said:
Thats great, when did you submit medicals and PCC and what is your LVO.

Regards,

Z
We submitted the medicals in 3 January. In 20 the BC was changed in In progress and we received the additional medical test in 23 January. I think the BC was changed because the additional medical test were required(that we send in 23 February). We passed the medicals in 1 March. The PCC was submitted in December and my LVO is Bucharest.

Simp

Nov 6, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you.

Their current status shows

Application status We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help
Review of medical results We are reviewing the results of your medical exam. Help
Review of additional documents We need additional documents to process your application. Check your messages below for details. Help
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Background check Your application is in progress. The next step is to conduct a background check. Help
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

So i assume still medical not recieved and medical was done 2 days back and for my father they asked to call after 2 days for reports.

S

ztariq said:
Dont worry, they will pass their exam. Just wait and check the status in mycic after 4 to 5 business days.

Good Luck !

r3su1

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
Hi everyone,

We are expecting our second child in April. Just want to know what document I will need to submit to inform CIC a new addition to our family. Should I submit the document to LVO where my mom's PR application is being processed?

Thanks!

lorelay

Oct 11, 2016
lorelay said:
We submitted the medicals in 3 January. In 20 the BC was changed in In progress and we received the additional medical test in 23 January. I think the BC was changed because the additional medical test were required(that we send in 23 February). We passed the medicals in 1 March. The PCC was submitted in December and my LVO is Bucharest.
In fact my mother status is:

Application status We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents Not applicable.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

iluvbaguio

Mar 12, 2010
Rossie or anyone from the Philippines.

I have a problem!! Last month I sent my parents NBI/Police clearance certificate without putting a tumbmark and signature in the actual certificate. The email of cic to me is to tumb mark and sign the certificate issued by the Phillipines before sending it. I missed that part and sent it.. What happen now? I am thinking of sending the certificate again with tumbmark mark and signature . Will this affect my application. Is this okay to do? :-\ :-\

Simp

Nov 6, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is it right that physician has to submit the medical not later than 48 hours once done ? My father was asked to wt for the 2 days for report of XRAY and if there ll be anything wrong they will call.So my father did call them on the 2nd day and they said if you didnot hear anything within 48 hours of medical means your medical has been submitted as this is the requirement bt CIC.

Secondly on right of permanent resident fee , will there be any space to fill in application number or name ?? and can i send the scan copy to my parents to London visa office.

For schedule A to be submitted again,i noticed that in the old form they have filled like in education total 17 years but once filling the info later on date wise ,it becomes like 15 years as they didnot remember exact dates so do i need to change or it is all right ?

Thanks

S

jesa

Star Member
Dec 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iluvbaguio said:
Rossie or anyone from the Philippines.

I have a problem!! Last month I sent my parents NBI/Police clearance certificate without putting a tumbmark and signature in the actual certificate. The email of cic to me is to tumb mark and sign the certificate issued by the Phillipines before sending it. I missed that part and sent it.. What happen now? I am thinking of sending the certificate again with tumbmark mark and signature . Will this affect my application. Is this okay to do? :-\ :-\
Hi iluvbaguio

In my case i send my MOM NBI without signature or tumbmark..no problem... but in your case you can resend as per their requested.

iluvbaguio

Mar 12, 2010
jesa said:
Hi iluvbaguio

In my case i send my MOM NBI without signature or tumbmark..no problem... but in your case you can resend as per their requested.
Thank you Jesa for your reply..

Actually based on CIC request, they did not mention in the letter that the NBI certificate must be tumbmark and signed , but in my parents in-law request that we just received last three weeks ago CIC already mention in the letter that the certificate must be thumb marked and signed.

The two letters from CIC that I received last December does not say anything about the thumb mark and signature. In my parents in-law request which is the newer one the did request.

What should I do? They might ask us to sign this form before they request for passport and this may delay the processing time.

From what I learned is that the certificate should already have the digital thumb mark and signature from the forms we submitted during application and usually when you received the certificate it should be there already. What NBI office did is that they provided us with certificate with missing thumb print and signature.

I am thinking of sending CIC again a copy of NBI/Police Clearance with signature and thumb mark.

THank you very much

lili2013

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Hello everyone,

I have a question. I recently changed my address. Do you know how I should notify cic? I did this through On-Line Services/Change of Address for my parents (cause they are with me in Canada now). Is there any email address or phone number I can contact and update my address?

Thanks