File Transfer...
Ottawa Aug '16
Med's Request
Oct '16 & for PCC
Med's Done....
Nov '16 & for PCC
lili2013 said:
Hello everyone,

My parents did their medical exam in early January 2017, we were asked for PCC and also Right of Permanent Residency Fee. All submitted and paid, however when I log in to my cic account it just says "A background check is needed=Not needed at this time". What does that mean? It means they have not started the background check yet? then how come they've asked for RPRF? How long it will take for passport request?

Thanks
for BC, what you see is the same for everyone, when your file/turn comes to verify your PCC, this status will change In Progress.
Assume if the BC has passed without any issue, since RPRF is paid, you will move two steps and fall in the process of requesting passport
incase your medicals or any criminal activity found, then RPRF is returned

so no worries, i am in the same boat, PCC submitted on 22nd november, my BC status is same as yours

blueboy

Apr 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lili2013 said:
Hello everyone,

My parents did their medical exam in early January 2017, we were asked for PCC and also Right of Permanent Residency Fee. All submitted and paid, however when I log in to my cic account it just says "A background check is needed=Not needed at this time". What does that mean? It means they have not started the background check yet? then how come they've asked for RPRF? How long it will take for passport request?

Thanks
Actually they ask for RPRF before BC now, well at least in my case they did. I submitted RPRF along with PCC & Meds in November while Background check started in december. I got the PPR in second week of Jan.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
blueboy said:
Actually they ask for RPRF before BC now, well at least in my case they did. I submitted RPRF along with PCC & Meds in November while Background check started in december. I got the PPR in second week of Jan.
Most time, RPRF is asked along with PCC. It's nothing new. IN my case, Singapore-VO asked for IME, PCC, RPRF, updated IMM5669 and Spouse Death Cert. in same message 3 weeks before BC turned into in-progress.

feelfreetoadviceme

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
:D :D Hi Friends
Finally got another notification to submit passports to ND VFS after 8 days from first e-mail. Strangely first email to submit passports to Ottawa came to my dad's email whereas the second notification came through MyCIC account ::). any ways all's well if ends well. Thank you guys for your valuable inputs and hope that everyone whose application is still in the process hears good news soon! :) :)

Michi08

Star Member
Sep 1, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Update for my mom's application:

My mom submit her passport last January 30,2017. I recieved fiirst email from VFS Manila saying:

Dear **** Visa application, tracking ID ****************– was received at the Canada Visa Application Center in Manila and will be forwarded to the Canada Visa Office Manila on the next working day 31/01/2017. An auto e-mail will be generated to inform you when the application is returned and is available for collection at the application Centre, Manila. Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

2nd email:
Dear ****** Visa application, tracking ID **************** – Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office. If you have opted personal pick up, you may collect your passport at the Canada Visa Application Center, Manila on 02/02/2017 located at the Mezzanine Floor Eco Plaza Bldg. Chino Roces Ave Ext. Pasong Tamo Ext. Makati City. Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

We are so happy, I did not expect this quick. Rossie pls update my info. Thank you so much. Goodluck to all of you who is patiently waiting. Cheers! : )

kilamans

Feb 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga jan '16
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Credit card charged jan '16
AOR Received.
AOR - Feb '16
File Transfer...
Ottawa Aug '16
Med's Request
Oct '16 & for PCC
Med's Done....
Nov '16 & for PCC
Michi08 said:

My mom submit her passport last January 30,2017. I recieved fiirst email from VFS Manila saying:

Dear **** Visa application, tracking ID ****************– was received at the Canada Visa Application Center in Manila and will be forwarded to the Canada Visa Office Manila on the next working day 31/01/2017. An auto e-mail will be generated to inform you when the application is returned and is available for collection at the application Centre, Manila. Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

2nd email:
Dear ****** Visa application, tracking ID **************** – Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office. If you have opted personal pick up, you may collect your passport at the Canada Visa Application Center, Manila on 02/02/2017 located at the Mezzanine Floor Eco Plaza Bldg. Chino Roces Ave Ext. Pasong Tamo Ext. Makati City. Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

We are so happy, I did not expect this quick. Rossie pls update my info. Thank you so much. Goodluck to all of you who is patiently waiting. Cheers! : )
Congratulations

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Michi08 said:

2nd email:

There is nothing much to update although I wrote your info in the comment section. Once you know your DM date and Visa issue date on the passport, let me know.

jesa

Star Member
Dec 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Michi08 said:

2nd email:

CONGRATULATION...SUPER QUICK.... :) :) :)

SH Korea

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
Hi guys,

My parents finally received COPR from the visa office yesterday. I'll update my timeline on the spreadsheet with the issue date.

I've been learning all the information that will help us prepare well for landing.

I hope everyone whose application is still in the process gets good results real soon!

Thank you everyone! Especially thank you so much, Rossei!

kilamans

Feb 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga jan '16
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Credit card charged jan '16
AOR Received.
AOR - Feb '16
File Transfer...
Ottawa Aug '16
Med's Request
Oct '16 & for PCC
Med's Done....
Nov '16 & for PCC
SH Korea said:
Hi guys,

My parents finally received COPR from the visa office yesterday. I'll update my timeline on the spreadsheet with the issue date.

I've been learning all the information that will help us prepare well for landing.

I wish everyone whose application is still in the process gets good results real soon!

Congrats

Mrs Hassan

Star Member
Jul 8, 2015
Hi! Is it normal for permanent resident app status to change from in process to app received? That's what just happened to me

tamilnadu

Oct 2, 2012
Yes, it had happened to quite a few folks (including me). In my case, the status didn't change back to 'In process' for next 4 months! Nothing to worry about in my opinion.

Mrs Hassan said:
Hi! Is it normal for permanent resident app status to change from in process to app received? That's what just happened to me

kaka555

Star Member
Mar 24, 2016
Mrs Hassan said:

Mine also from 2nd sep 2016 to 20 jan 2017

tweetyishere

Star Member
Jun 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Doc's Request.
25-11-2016
AOR Received.
10-06-2016
File Transfer...
12-08-2016
Med's Request
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
03-11-2016
SH Korea said:
Hi guys,

I hope everyone whose application is still in the process gets good results real soon!

Congrats SH Korea :) i am so happy for you :):) hopefully your parents will arrive safely