Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
TweetyBugs said:
Hello Rossei,

I am new to this site and I would like to thank you for the information you have given. Immigration proceedings and completion of paperwork can be quite challenging and frustrating so any information is very much appreciated. I will be on the lookout for the notification for either the IME/PCC/RPRF that you have mentioned. We are hoping that she won't have to wait long since she no longer have any dependents (all her children are over 40 yrs old) plus she is a widower with already a history of visiting Canada previously.

Also, I read about the linking the paper application to the online account. My mother-in-law was here for 1 year on a visitor's visa and an online account was created for her by me for the extension that we filed on her behalf but online account was revoked and we had to create another one again. However, I have difficulty linking the paper with the online. Any tips on how I can resolved this?
I shared the tips on Info sheet of the SS. Go to the bottom of the sheet (row#95 to 107).

I have also tried to add her information on the excel sheet but have trouble doing so. Anyways, here are the info on her applicaton.

Application Received by CIC: Jan 4, 2016
Addtl documents requested: June 2016 - update on financial docs and dependents / Sept 2016 - Husband's Death certificate requested
Decision Made: SA approval Jan 23, 2017.
Application Received: @ LVO Manila as per e-cas - January 31, 2017

Hope this info helps. :)
I'm a bit confused. Are there 2 separate apps (1 for your mom and 1 for your MIL)?

I've already added one entry under your name to the Timeline sheet. It's on Row# 211. When you need to update any of the fields (cell); just select your username from drop-down menu on any of the rows (#10 to 50) of New Entry sheet and fill out only the fields (cells) that need to be updated. You don't have to re-populate the fields that already have valid/updated info.

Rock1973

May 20, 2016
Hi,

Please advise if linking the application with GCKEY speeds up the application,

I applied in Jan 2016, still shows application received,

I have not been able to link the application (although made a lot of attempts),

jesa

Star Member
Dec 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TweetyBugs said:
Jesa,

Thank you very much for the information. Just one more question, will the notification be sent by mail or email? I remember when we our immigrant papers were being processed, they keep sending the notification my mail but it keeps getting lost or very much delayed that we always miss the deadline date set by CIC. I ended up emailing the LVO because of this issue.

Thanks again. :)
Your Welcome...BTW all communications by Manila Immigration send thru my e-mail and all the response as well.

TweetyBugs

Feb 6, 2016
Rossei said:
I shared the tips on Info sheet of the SS. Go to the bottom of the sheet (row#95 to 107).

I'm a bit confused. Are there 2 separate apps (1 for your mom and 1 for your MIL)?

I've already added one entry under your name to the Timeline sheet. It's on Row# 211. When you need to update any of the fields (cell); just select your username from drop-down menu on any of the rows (#10 to 50) of New Entry sheet and fill out only the fields (cells) that need to be updated. You don't have to re-populate the fields that already have valid/updated info.
Hi Rossei!

I apologize for the confusion. There is only 1 application and that is for my mother-in-law. It's just that I did all the paperwork for my husband and I am also the one keeping track of it for him.

Thanks for adding my information. I'll be sure to keep it updated as soon as changes or results come out.

kilamans

Feb 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga jan '16
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Credit card charged jan '16
AOR Received.
AOR - Feb '16
File Transfer...
Ottawa Aug '16
Med's Request
Oct '16 & for PCC
Med's Done....
Nov '16 & for PCC
Rock1973 said:
Hi,

Please advise if linking the application with GCKEY speeds up the application,

I applied in Jan 2016, still shows application received,

I have not been able to link the application (although made a lot of attempts),
nope, its just for you to get to know the status
it does not speedy

all the details what you enter to link belongs to the principal applicant and dependent, not about sponsor

tweetyishere

Star Member
Jun 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Doc's Request.
25-11-2016
AOR Received.
10-06-2016
File Transfer...
12-08-2016
Med's Request
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
03-11-2016
Daniala said:
The background check for my parents have been in process by CPC-Ottawa from Nov. 24, 2016. Is there anybody in the same boat as me; my parents are from Iran.
Hello Daniala,

i am in the same boat as you as we have the same date for background in process, however i received a request to fill in a military history form for my father (he was a naval officer). i filled the required details and send it back and my background status is still in process :(

i am worried as i am not sure how long it will take to finish that background check, but i feel optimistic seeing that most of the people who submitted it at our same timeline have already got their PPR so .....

Waiting hopefully for good news and checking my emails every 30 minutes :)

good luck

SH Korea

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
Rossei said:
In case, your parents cannot meet any of the long absence rules set by Ontario; ask Service Ontario what they would need to do to re-apply once they return permanently. If they would only require to wait 90 days again, then you don't have to bother to meet these present/absent days much. If you maintain OHIP during your absence and God forbids, need a surgery or some treatment; you can come back to Canada and have it done under OHIP. But in an emergency situation or routine checkup; OHIP is not going to help you while you stay in your home country. I hope I made myself clear. :)

Keep this in mind that they will have to stay in Canada for at least 2 out of 5 years to maintain their PR status and 4 out of 6 years to be eligible for citizenship.
That's a good point! I should check if there's any restriction when applying for OHIP again after the first one gets void for any reasons.

Thanks, Rossei!! :)

iluvbaguio

Mar 12, 2010
Rossei said:
:eek: (not intentional)

Fixed.

Thanks guys.
Rossie / Forum Members,

Thank you very much. I sent both documents (police clearance and RPRF to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca awhile ago I received a confirmation that they received the documents and an approval of extension as I didn't have yet the UAE police certificate.

QUESTION: Should I sent my RPRF to CPCO-Cost-Recovery@cic.gc.ca? Or they already have all the documents per their confirmation?

Thank you again and best regards

Simp

Nov 6, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you.

S

ztariq said:
Hello Simp,

Since I linked the application to MyCIC I received 3 emails letting me know that I have new messages in MYCIC account.
So i just logged in and yes there was request for PCC and 2 letters for Medicals.

Thanks

tanvirmk

Star Member
Jan 30, 2005
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19 June
AOR Received.
24 Aug 2015
File Transfer...
27 Aug
Med's Done....
April 2015
Does CPC-Ottawa send the PCC and med requests only on MyCIC or by email too? I was not able to connect to the application on MyCIC. It just shows there is no app found.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
tanvirmk said:
Does CPC-Ottawa send the PCC and med requests only on MyCIC or by email too? I was not able to connect to the application on MyCIC. It just shows there is no app found.
As far I understand, linking your app to MyCIC is optional. If you never linked your app, you should get email or snail mail for any request CIC makes. However once you link your app, you may not receive similar email as the request may only come via MyCIC.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
iluvbaguio said:
Rossie / Forum Members,

Thank you very much. I sent both documents (police clearance and RPRF to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca awhile ago I received a confirmation that they received the documents and an approval of extension as I didn't have yet the UAE police certificate.

QUESTION: Should I sent my RPRF to CPCO-Cost-Recovery@cic.gc.ca? Or they already have all the documents per their confirmation?

Thank you again and best regards
You should still send your RPRF to CPCO-Cost-Recovery@cic.gc.ca.

lili2013

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Hello everyone,

My parents did their medical exam in early January 2017, we were asked for PCC and also Right of Permanent Residency Fee. All submitted and paid, however when I log in to my cic account it just says "A background check is needed=Not needed at this time". What does that mean? It means they have not started the background check yet? then how come they've asked for RPRF? How long it will take for passport request?

Thanks