+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

Simp

Nov 6, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is a good news.

Could you plz share the timeline and if you did recieve it via email or hard copy ? Does it show up on my cic account .

Thanks

s

Naqvee said:
Hi Experts, my mother's application status (Medical rcvd) additional documents like PCC has also been submitted. LVO is London. Can anyone give a rough estimate for time when we can expect passport request? I am planning to apply for super visa for my mother. Would it be longer for her immigration? Thanks

Simp

Nov 6, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats.

If you got the request via email ? was there any update on my cic account ?

Thanks

S

ztariq said:
Hello Forum members,

My parents have received medical request from London Visa office and they'll be going through medicals soon.

My dad has diabetes and also take heart medications, he never had a heart attack in the past though had angina pains plus high blood pressure.

Do you guys think that this could be an issue with CIC?

Has anyone else's parents had similar issues and they passed their medical?

Please advise.

Thank you

SH Korea

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
Rossei said:
Well, you can apply for OHIP as soon as you can provide 3 different documents: 1) Proof of PR Status 2) Proof of Residency and 3) Support of Identity. The earliest you can apply when you have an enlisted document as 2) proof of residency (mailed bank statement or Ontario Photo ID, for both of which it would take 4-5 weeks). You can use CoPR as 1) Proof of PR Status and Passport as 3) Support of Identity. No matter when you apply for OHIP, the insurance wouldn't come into effect before the applicant stays for at least 90 days in Ontario.

As there was this 90 day waiting period, I waited for my mom's PR card to arrive first. So, I used
- PR Card as 1) Proof of PR Status
- Ontario Photo ID ($35, takes 4-5 weeks) as 2) Proof of Residency
- Passport as 3) Support of Identity

To see the complete list of required docs for OHIP:
1) http://settlement.org/ontario/health/ohip-and-health-insurance/health-ohip-card/what-documents-do-i-need-to-apply-for-a-health-card-ohip/
2) http://www.forms.ssb.gov.on.ca/mbs/ssb/forms/ssbforms.nsf/FormDetail?openform&ENV=WWE&NO=014-9998E-82

90-day waiting period for new immigrants: http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/public/publications/ohip/ohip_waiting_pd.aspx

OHIP Validity
1) You may be out of the province for up to 212 days in any 12-month period and still maintain your OHIP coverage provided that you continue to make Ontario your primary place of residence.

To maintain eligibility for OHIP coverage you must be an eligible resident of Ontario. This means that you must :
- have an OHIP-eligible citizenship/immigration status;
- be physically present in Ontario for 153 days in any 12-month period;
- be physically present in Ontario for at least 153 days of the first 183 days immediately after establishing residency in the province;
- make your primary place of residence in Ontario.

2) OHIP may continue while you are absent from Ontario for more than 212 days in a 12-month period in certain limited circumstances, as long as you maintain your primary place of residence in Ontario. You may be eligible for continuous OHIP coverage during a longer absence when you are away from Ontario for vacation or other reasons for up to 2-years at a time which may be taken as a full two-year absence or as two one-year absences.

To be eligible for continuous OHIP coverage during your first absence of this type, you must typically be physically present in Ontario for at least 153 days in each of the 2 consecutive years before the absence.

You may be eligible to maintain your OHIP coverage during subsequent absences of this type. To be eligible for a further Vacation/Other Reason absence, you must meet the physical presence requirements in Ontario for at least 153 days in each of the 5 consecutive years before each subsequent absence.

Reason Continuous OHIP Eligibility
Study Outside Canada Duration of a full-time academic program (unlimited)
Work Outside Canada Five-year terms (provided specific residency requirements are met for 2 years between each term)
Charitable Work Outside Canada Five-year terms (provided specific residency requirements are met for 2 years between each term)
Vacation/Other Reason Two-year terms (provided specific residency requirements are met for 5 years between each term)

Ref: http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/public/publications/ohip/longer_absences.aspx

I would tell you to read from the above link to find what best suits your parents.
Rossei, thank you so much! I really appreciate it. I will read it through and make the best plan for my parents. :)

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
SH Korea said:
Rossei, thank you so much! I really appreciate it. I will read it through and make the best plan for my parents. :)
In case, your parents cannot meet any of the long absence rules set by Ontario; ask Service Ontario what they would need to do to re-apply once they return permanently. If they would only require to wait 90 days again, then you don't have to bother to meet these present/absent days much. If you maintain OHIP during your absence and God forbids, need a surgery or some treatment; you can come back to Canada and have it done under OHIP. But in an emergency situation or routine checkup; OHIP is not going to help you while you stay in your home country. I hope I made myself clear. :)

Keep this in mind that they will have to stay in Canada for at least 2 out of 5 years to maintain their PR status and 4 out of 6 years to be eligible for citizenship.

iluvbaguio

Mar 12, 2010
Rossie / Forum members

We just completed all the documents required by CIC-Ottawa (e.g. Police Clearance). I don't have any access on myCIC so what I did is that, I just reply back to the CIC email and attached all the requirements they need. I this okay? Should I do something different?

Please help me.

Thank you very much

ztariq

Star Member
Oct 12, 2016
Hello Simp,

Since I linked the application to MyCIC I received 3 emails letting me know that I have new messages in MYCIC account.
So i just logged in and yes there was request for PCC and 2 letters for Medicals.

Thanks

Simp said:
Congrats.

If you got the request via email ? was there any update on my cic account ?

Thanks

S

jaz0020

Star Member
Oct 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2016
AOR Received.
16-06-2016
File Transfer...
08-08-2016
Med's Done....
25-03-2016
Need some help. Last communication was received on 8th Aug 2016 saying i have been approved and file moved to Ottawa . CIC status changed from in process to application received . CC charged on 23-may-2016.Anyone else with the same timeline.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
iluvbaguio said:
Rossie / Forum members

We just completed all the documents required by CIC-Ottawa (e.g. Police Clearance). I don't have any access on myCIC so what I did is that, I just reply back to the CIC email and attached all the requirements they need. I this okay? Should I do something different?

Please help me.

Thank you very much
CPC-O Email Address
Email all Documents to: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca
Email RPRF to: CPCO-Cost-Recovery@cic.gc.ca

rus66958

Star Member
Sep 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
06-12-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
29-10-2013
Med's Done....
04-11-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2013
LANDED..........
11-12-2013
Rossei said:
CPC-O Email Address
Email all Documents to: CPCO-Cost-Recovery@cic.gc.ca
Email RPRF to: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca
little correction: switch the email address

TweetyBugs

Feb 6, 2016
jesa said:
Based on my case SA approval and sending my file @ LVO Manila together with the submission of (Medical, PCC, RPRF ) after submitted , wait 3 mos for another correspondence. Hope it helps.
Jesa,

Thank you very much for the information. Just one more question, will the notification be sent by mail or email? I remember when we our immigrant papers were being processed, they keep sending the notification my mail but it keeps getting lost or very much delayed that we always miss the deadline date set by CIC. I ended up emailing the LVO because of this issue.

Thanks again. :)

ztariq

Star Member
Oct 12, 2016
Hello,

Does anyone's parent have a heart condition and they have passed their medical exam?
Please advise ASAP.

Thank you

TweetyBugs

Feb 6, 2016
Rossei said:
You can use the FILTER sheet (i.e. applying a filter in the LVO menu) to see the trend for Manila-VO.

Anyway, there are 10 cases in total so far that have been transferred to Manila. 8 of them were transferred back in Jun/Jul of 2016 and all of them have already received Medical/PCC requests (2 of them already have PPR).

The remaining 2 are you and Tangerine whose files have moved to Manila in Jan, 2017. And both of you can expect an IME/PCC/RPRF request anytime soon.
Hello Rossei,

I am new to this site and I would like to thank you for the information you have given. Immigration proceedings and completion of paperwork can be quite challenging and frustrating so any information is very much appreciated. I will be on the lookout for the notification for either the IME/PCC/RPRF that you have mentioned. We are hoping that she won't have to wait long since she no longer have any dependents (all her children are over 40 yrs old) plus she is a widower with already a history of visiting Canada previously.

Also, I read about the linking the paper application to the online account. My mother-in-law was here for 1 year on a visitor's visa and an online account was created for her by me for the extension that we filed on her behalf but online account was revoked and we had to create another one again. However, I have difficulty linking the paper with the online. Any tips on how I can resolved this?

I have also tried to add her information on the excel sheet but have trouble doing so. Anyways, here are the info on her applicaton.

Application Received by CIC: Jan 4, 2016
Addtl documents requested: June 2016 - update on financial docs and dependents / Sept 2016 - Husband's Death certificate requested
Decision Made: SA approval Jan 23, 2017.
Application Received: @ LVO Manila as per e-cas - January 31, 2017

Hope this info helps. :)

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........