+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

TweetyBugs

Feb 6, 2016
Hello!

My husband applied for my mother-in-law's sponsorship in Jan 2016 and just received notification that his SA has been approved. The email also indicated that the application has been sent to the LVO in Manila. I was wondering if anyone has any idea of the approximate waiting time before any type of correspondence is received from LVO. Any information is much appreciated.

Thank you.

bert00

Jan 28, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I just want to ask for any update/s on those who were asked to submit option C "proof of income".
Below is my timeline and I'm just wondering if any of you who was in the same situation has got any progress?
I am still waiting for any request of PCC/Medical/RPRF.

Thank you in advance!

Here is my timeline:
Submitted Application: Jan 4, 2016 / UPS / around 9am received??
Receive my acknowledgement application receipt :Mar 2016
Request for Option C: May 2016
Submitted Option C: June 2016
Received SA: June 25 2016
Transfered to LVO:Ottawa

No updates until now.

SH Korea

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
I got MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE UNDERTAKING form for my dad last night. He had TB, which was treated 10 years ago. His medical exam was passed. It says my dad should report to a provincial health clinic within 30 days of his admission to Canada. When I researched online, it looks like my dad has to see a doctor for a follow-up test and send a completed form and test results to the public health. The whole thing may take 6 months but my parents only will stay for 3-4 months. Also, it says this process can be covered by OHIP but it doesn't seem that he can apply for OHIP right away and it also takes time to start effective.

Can anyone who went through this process share your experience and give me advice please?

Thanks in advance.

jesa

Star Member
Dec 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TweetyBugs said:
Hello!

My husband applied for my mother-in-law's sponsorship in Jan 2016 and just received notification that his SA has been approved. The email also indicated that the application has been sent to the LVO in Manila. I was wondering if anyone has any idea of the approximate waiting time before any type of correspondence is received from LVO. Any information is much appreciated.

Thank you.
Based on my case SA approval and sending my file @ LVO Manila together with the submission of (Medical, PCC, RPRF ) after submitted , wait 3 mos for another correspondence. Hope it helps.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
TweetyBugs said:
Hello!

Thank you.
You can use the FILTER sheet (i.e. applying a filter in the LVO menu) to see the trend for Manila-VO.

Anyway, there are 10 cases in total so far that have been transferred to Manila. 8 of them were transferred back in Jun/Jul of 2016 and all of them have already received Medical/PCC requests (2 of them already have PPR).

The remaining 2 are you and Tangerine whose files have moved to Manila in Jan, 2017. And both of you can expect an IME/PCC/RPRF request anytime soon.

jesa

Star Member
Dec 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jeffporfirio1 said:
I think its anywhere between 3 and 193 days
Seriously?....almost 6 mos.?...
Almost complete the process they only give 30 days to complete...Submit passport to Ottawa for Stamping.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
jesa said:
Seriously?....almost 6 mos.?...
Almost complete the process they only give 30 days to complete...Submit passport to Ottawa for Stamping.
It has been 2 weeks for visa stamping at Ottawa from the beginning. It can be 3 weeks in total if you consider mailing back n forth. I haven't seen any other cases yet.

BTW, keep alert on the trolls here. :-X

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
SH Korea said:
I got MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE UNDERTAKING form for my dad last night. He had TB, which was treated 10 years ago. His medical exam was passed. It says my dad should report to a provincial health clinic within 30 days of his admission to Canada. When I researched online, it looks like my dad has to see a doctor for a follow-up test and send a completed form and test results to the public health. The whole thing may take 6 months but my parents only will stay for 3-4 months. Also, it says this process can be covered by OHIP but it doesn't seem that he can apply for OHIP right away and it also takes time to start effective.

Can anyone who went through this process share your experience and give me advice please?

Thanks in advance.
My wife, being a student of health care, has to do TB test before every term. Although she never had TB, she perhaps carries the virus as we were all given TB vaccines during our childhood back home. So, each time she does the skin test, it comes positive. And yes, it needs to be shared with Public Health.

When you do it first time with a GP, the result would come in 48 hours. If it's positive, s/he will ask you to do some further test in a clinic or a hospital. I don't exactly remember what my wife had to do (probably chest x-ray etc.). For a person who had TB, the tests may be different. But it shouldn't be 6 months. If you have active TB; then it's different as the drug treatment may take months-years.

It's covered by OHIP. But OHIP doesn't become effective until you stay in Ontario for 90 days. Meanwhile, you need to have an insurance (which may not cover TB test+doctor's fee) or pay from your pocket (which shouldn't be much unless you will receive treatment for TB).

jesa

Star Member
Dec 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rossei said:
It has been 2 weeks for visa stamping at Ottawa from the beginning. It can be 3 weeks in total if you consider mailing back n forth. I haven't seen any other cases yet.

BTW, keep alert on the trolls here. :-X
Thank you Rossie

I will Promise... ;D ;D ;D

SH Korea

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
Rossei said:
My wife, being a student of health care, has to do TB test before every term. Although she never had TB, she perhaps carries the virus as we were all given TB vaccines during our childhood back home. So, each time she does the skin test, it comes positive. And yes, it needs to be shared with Public Health.

When you do it first time with a GP, the result would come in 48 hours. If it's positive, s/he will ask you to do some further test in a clinic or a hospital. I don't exactly remember what my wife had to do (probably chest x-ray etc.). For a person who had TB, the tests may be different. But it shouldn't be 6 months. If you have active TB; then it's different as the drug treatment may take months-years.

It's covered by OHIP. But OHIP doesn't become effective until you stay in Ontario for 90 days. Meanwhile, you need to have an insurance (which may not cover TB test+doctor's fee) or pay from your pocket (which shouldn't be much unless you will receive treatment for TB).
Thank you, Rossei. I thought there wouldn't be anything to worry about from this moment..

So, can he apply for OHIP as soon as he arrives in Canada? It's just that he has to wait for 3 months for it to be effective, right? I read the following at the OHIP website "to be eligible for Ontario health coverage, you must be physically present in Ontario for 153 days in any 12-month period; and be physically present in Ontario for at least 153 days of the first 183 days immediately after establishing residency in the province". According to this, if my parents leave in 3-4 months, although they apply for OHIP as soon as they landed and it becomes effective after 3 months, they won't be covered by OHIP anyway?.. Maybe I should extend their stay to 6 months and take the test when his OHIP becomes effective? Then, what happens after they go back to Korea? They won't come back for 2-3 years. If he's able to get this done in 4 months under OHIP coverage and leave Canada, will they charge us back later when they found out my dad wasn't present in Ontario for 153 days?.. I'm really confused...

SH Korea

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
SH Korea said:
Thank you, Rossei. I thought there wouldn't be anything to worry about from this moment..

So, can he apply for OHIP as soon as he arrives in Canada? It's just that he has to wait for 3 months for it to be effective, right? I read the following at the OHIP website "to be eligible for Ontario health coverage, you must be physically present in Ontario for 153 days in any 12-month period; and be physically present in Ontario for at least 153 days of the first 183 days immediately after establishing residency in the province". According to this, if my parents leave in 3-4 months, although they apply for OHIP as soon as they landed and it becomes effective after 3 months, they won't be covered by OHIP anyway?.. Maybe I should extend their stay to 6 months and take the test when his OHIP becomes effective? Then, what happens after they go back to Korea? They won't come back for 2-3 years. If he's able to get this done in 4 months under OHIP coverage and leave Canada, will they charge us back later when they found out my dad wasn't present in Ontario for 153 days?.. I'm really confused...
I just Called Ontario Service regarding OHIP. It seems like what's done is done. I'll just have to apply for his OHIP as soon as he comes so it can be effective before this required test. He'll just have to apply for OHIP again when he comes back to Canada after leaving.

Is it necessary to find a family doctor for my dad for this? Someone says that after the test was done, he was asked to contact the test doctor back once they found a family doctor.

Also, does he have to go through this test every year? What if he's out of Canada for a few years? When he comes back, does this undertaking start all over again?

Is there anyone whose parent had to take this?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
SH Korea said:

Well, you can apply for OHIP as soon as you can provide 3 different documents: 1) Proof of PR Status 2) Proof of Residency and 3) Support of Identity. The earliest you can apply when you have an enlisted document as 2) proof of residency (mailed bank statement or Ontario Photo ID, for both of which it would take 4-5 weeks). You can use CoPR as 1) Proof of PR Status and Passport as 3) Support of Identity. No matter when you apply for OHIP, the insurance wouldn't come into effect before the applicant stays for at least 90 days in Ontario.

As there was this 90 day waiting period, I waited for my mom's PR card to arrive first. So, I used
- PR Card as 1) Proof of PR Status
- Ontario Photo ID ($35, takes 4-5 weeks) as 2) Proof of Residency
- Passport as 3) Support of Identity

To see the complete list of required docs for OHIP:
1) http://settlement.org/ontario/health/ohip-and-health-insurance/health-ohip-card/what-documents-do-i-need-to-apply-for-a-health-card-ohip/
2) http://www.forms.ssb.gov.on.ca/mbs/ssb/forms/ssbforms.nsf/FormDetail?openform&ENV=WWE&NO=014-9998E-82

90-day waiting period for new immigrants: http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/public/publications/ohip/ohip_waiting_pd.aspx

OHIP Validity
1) You may be out of the province for up to 212 days in any 12-month period and still maintain your OHIP coverage provided that you continue to make Ontario your primary place of residence.

To maintain eligibility for OHIP coverage you must be an eligible resident of Ontario. This means that you must :
- have an OHIP-eligible citizenship/immigration status;
- be physically present in Ontario for 153 days in any 12-month period;
- be physically present in Ontario for at least 153 days of the first 183 days immediately after establishing residency in the province;
- make your primary place of residence in Ontario.

2) OHIP may continue while you are absent from Ontario for more than 212 days in a 12-month period in certain limited circumstances, as long as you maintain your primary place of residence in Ontario. You may be eligible for continuous OHIP coverage during a longer absence when you are away from Ontario for vacation or other reasons for up to 2-years at a time which may be taken as a full two-year absence or as two one-year absences.

To be eligible for continuous OHIP coverage during your first absence of this type, you must typically be physically present in Ontario for at least 153 days in each of the 2 consecutive years before the absence.

You may be eligible to maintain your OHIP coverage during subsequent absences of this type. To be eligible for a further Vacation/Other Reason absence, you must meet the physical presence requirements in Ontario for at least 153 days in each of the 5 consecutive years before each subsequent absence.

Reason Continuous OHIP Eligibility
Study Outside Canada Duration of a full-time academic program (unlimited)
Work Outside Canada Five-year terms (provided specific residency requirements are met for 2 years between each term)
Charitable Work Outside Canada Five-year terms (provided specific residency requirements are met for 2 years between each term)
Vacation/Other Reason Two-year terms (provided specific residency requirements are met for 5 years between each term)

Ref: http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/public/publications/ohip/longer_absences.aspx

I would tell you to read from the above link to find what best suits your parents.

dgpatel

Star Member
Jul 16, 2016
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
File Transfer...
06-07-2016
Med's Request
30-01-2017
Med's Done....
04-02-2017
Passport Req..
23-01-2018
Received medical, PCC and RPRF request in MyCIC account. Received notification via email for new messages in MyCIC account. Purolator Jan 4 2016, 9:43 AM batch. File transferred to LVO-Ottawa on 2 Aug 2016 before that file transferred to New delhi on July 6, 2016.

dadaum

Dec 16, 2012
INDIA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
13-02-2017
Med's Done....
17-02-2017,18-05-2017
dgpatel said:
Received medical, PCC and RPRF request in MyCIC account. Received notification via email for new messages in MyCIC account. Purolator Jan 4 2016, 9:43 AM batch. File transferred to LVO-Ottawa on 2 Aug 2016 before that file transferred to New delhi on July 6, 2016.
Congratulation dgpatel. Wish you best of luck for the further process.My timeline is somewhat nearer to you.I may expect it within a month.

Daniala

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
The background check for my parents have been in process by CPC-Ottawa from Nov. 24, 2016. Is there anybody in the same boat as me; my parents are from Iran.