+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

ic162k

Star Member
May 17, 2014
ztariq said:
Hello,

Question 8 is for personal history of last 10 years. If you're working then you're working. Now my question is that if you travelled for 1 month duration for vacation do you need to enter that detail under question 8 ?
I don't think so and that's why I never entered any of May parents vacation details which were always 1 month.
Please confirm as I have also received the request to submit schedule A as well.

Thanks

I guess "yes" it is required to enter all travel details (however i too missed these initially).

the reason is that they have asked in Question 8 that "If you were outside your country of nationality, indicate you status in that country"

I dont know how they conduct backgroud checks, but if they check against the applicants names and something comes up relating to travel abroad, this might cause issues and concerns as these were not mentioned in question 8.

these are 2 cents, forum members can enlighten more....

thanks

ic162k

Star Member
May 17, 2014
UOC said:
You can use this opportunity to correct the mistake with a note explaining that it was an honest mistake. It may cause trouble if they find out later on.
Thanks a lot, this helps .....

canam3

Jan 4, 2016
kaka555 said:
Just received Medical,PCC,RPRF request

Would appreciate if someone can help me with the following query

Last time I did my E Medicals (March 2016) for super visa which is still valid. I believe the medicals were uploaded to my CIC profile. Why CIC is requesting it again? Did someone go through this situation and guide me the next course. Should I inform CIC about the Valid E medicals with them? If someone successfully done this.

What is the email where I can inform CIC about the medical information already with them?

Secondly my PCC was also submitted ( dated July 2016) does it expire in 6 months. Should I apply for new PCC?

Also please let me know where to forward new PCC.

Thanks for your help.

I had same scenario but I preferred a new medical over the less than year old medical for super visa.
For PCC you can either send an email to "CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca" or upload to mycic account.

Hope that helps!!

kaka555

Star Member
Mar 24, 2016
canam3 said:
I had same scenario but I preferred a new medical over the less than year old medical for super visa.
For PCC you can either send an email to "CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca" or upload to mycic account.

Hope that helps!!

Hi canam
Have you submitted medical,pcc,rprf
I am from delhi and applied yesterday online PCC it take about 6-7 days
We are considering to nupload old medical dt. 12 march 2016 as no appointment of physian available in next 25 days

lorelay

Oct 11, 2016
This is my status:

Application/profile status Open
Review of eligibility Review in Progress
Review of medical results Review in Progress
Review of submitted documents
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
A background check is needed In Progress
Final decision Not Started

I'm a little bit worried because I don't know why the medical results are not updated and the BC is in progress.

In their explanation :
A background check is needed : We need to verify medical, criminal, security and/or other background information to ensure admissibility to Canada.

So the VA verify the medical and decide if it is passed or failed?

Mrs Hassan

Star Member
Jul 8, 2015
Hi! Just needed some advice: what happens to the "sponsorship application status " after "in progress"? Is it approved? Or decision made? Or what?

dadaum

Dec 16, 2012
INDIA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
13-02-2017
Med's Done....
17-02-2017,18-05-2017
Mrs Hassan said:
Hi! Just needed some advice: what happens to the "sponsorship application status " after "in progress"? Is it approved? Or decision made? Or what?
When sponsorship is approved the status changes to Decision Made.

dadaum

Dec 16, 2012
INDIA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
13-02-2017
Med's Done....
17-02-2017,18-05-2017
Mrs Hassan said:
Thank you for your response. However, what if the sponsorship is not approved; what would the status be then?
Then also the status would be the same.Decision Made.But be positive. This must be positive news.An EMail or Mail will follow soon.

PGPCLAN

Jan 10, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lorelay said:
This is my status:

I'm a little bit worried because I don't know why the medical results are not updated and the BC is in progress.

In their explanation :
A background check is needed : We need to verify medical, criminal, security and/or other background information to ensure admissibility to Canada.

Based on other posts I read in past, BC starts (usually) after receipt of medical/PCC results. It could just be a lag in updating the status.

BC in progress is a good sign that indicates that your file is in progress as well as your docs have been received. you can confirm this by calling CIC. All the best.

jesa

Star Member
Dec 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lorelay said:
This is my status:

In their explanation :

We have same situation before.. after six month i received a letter for furtherance letter Re: Repeat X-Ray...
Done 2nd X-ray (Dec 30, 2016) Today Medical Passed.

skekk

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
singhraminder said:
Congratulations and could you please tell me, how did you submit the CSQ
I am also from Quebec and submitted the CSQ via email to NDVO

Thanks
Raminder
My visa office is Ottawa (my parents are from Russia).
I sent a copy of QSC by replying to the email of CPC-OTTAWA. I put the UCI in the subject of letter!

Good luck!!!!

SH Korea

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
Hi everyone!

My parents mailed out a photocopy of their passports and their photos along with the PPR request email to the VFS office yesterday.
We're at the final stage and hope to hear good news soon. I'll update my timeline as soon as everything is completed.

I wish all the best to everyone who's waiting for the next step!!

MK9

Jan 23, 2017
yeti090 said:
Good News to share with NDVO applicants:
Last week, i asked NDVO about our concerns whether they have received all the documents that we have submitted to them by post including copy of RPRF, PCC, Schedule A , duly completed Travel Information Form, Non-Accompanying Adult Son/Daughter Additional Information Form etc.
And with in a week, we get reply saying that " We have received the requested information/documents and your application is currently awaiting review by a visa officer. At this point there is no action required on your part. Please be assured that as soon as the review is complete, the next steps in the processing of this application will be determined and you will be advised accordingly."
So this means they are alive and doing their jobs. Hope to get some good news soon. Good luck everyone !!!
How did you get in touch with NDVO, via email or Telephone. Could you please give me the contact details ..... Thanks ...

yeti090

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
MK9 said:
How did you get in touch with NDVO, via email or Telephone. Could you please give me the contact details ..... Thanks ...
It's via email. I sent/received reply from DELHIIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca.

Thanks,