Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

KitsuneDream

Jan 24, 2013
Philippines
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014 App Received..: 21-05-2014 CC Charged....: 04-09-2014 PER Received: 09-09-2014
Doc's Request.
16-10-2014
Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
21-10-2014
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2014
LANDED..........
31-03-2015
chinita01 said:
Hi KitsuneDream,

Is your parents in Manila or here in Canada? Why did they transfer the file from MVO to Ottawa?
Nope, they're in the Philippines. According to the email from CIC, the letter was just sent by mistake and our file was transferred to Ottawa instead.

Lsg

Jan 15, 2016
blurryface236 said:
Same here

I sent it to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

Just called cic. The operator asked me to send my documents thought IRCC web form and explain the issue to them

kevin_k1

Dec 8, 2011
Toronto, ON
I am still waiting for approval Jan 5th 8:52 AM applicant, I got my AOR on May-18.
How do you know you are approved? Do they send a mail to my address in Canada or in my parent address oversea?
How about the transfer to LVO, do they notify to parents or to me?
Thanks

jeffporfirio1

Dec 21, 2016
Sask
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kevin_k1 said:
I am still waiting for approval Jan 5th 8:52 AM applicant, I got my AOR on May-18.
How do you know you are approved? Do they send a mail to my address in Canada or in my parent address oversea?
How about the transfer to LVO, do they notify to parents or to me?
Thanks
Please Join Sam's thread, we are actively discussing this topic:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/2016-pgp-applicants-still-waiting-for-sponsorship-approval-sa-t464480.0.html

iluvbaguio

Mar 12, 2010
rus66958 said:
Hi.. my mom and dad did their medical on 26th December and my dad was then asked to do ecg and echo on 2 January which he submitted on the same day. Today their status is saying passed. so it took a week.
Hi rus66958,

What is your visa office? my parents was done medicals 4 January 2017. My parents visa office is Ottawa. So status should reflect this week? Do you have myCIC access or just Ecas? I am checking the status in ECAS only as I don't have any access on myCIC.

Thank you

tamilnadu

Oct 2, 2012
Thank you! I will stay tuned next week then. My parents went for medical on Jan 9th (Monday) in India. I guess whenever updated, Ecas (parents login) should show 'medical received' and MyCiC whether passed or not. For some reason Mycic has been showing medical status 'Review in process' since the day we got medical request. :)

rus66958 said:
Hi.. my mom and dad did their medical on 26th December and my dad was then asked to do ecg and echo on 2 January which he submitted on the same day. Today their status is saying passed. so it took a week.

rus66958

Star Member
Sep 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
06-12-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
29-10-2013
Med's Done....
04-11-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2013
LANDED..........
11-12-2013
iluvbaguio said:
Hi rus66958,

What is your visa office? my parents was done medicals 4 January 2017. My parents visa office is Ottawa. So status should reflect this week? Do you have myCIC access or just Ecas? I am checking the status in ECAS only as I don't have any access on myCIC.

Thank you
visa office is Ottawa. I have access to both Ecas and mycic.
Review of eligibility: review in progress.
Review of Submitted documents : Provided.
Background check: Not started

I am not sure why the submitted documents is not changing to received as I have submitted the day they have asked for it. I paid the RPRF today don't know whether this has slowed some work or not.

rus66958

Star Member
Sep 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
06-12-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
29-10-2013
Med's Done....
04-11-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2013
LANDED..........
11-12-2013
tamilnadu said:
Thank you! I will stay tuned next week then. My parents went for medical on Jan 9th (Monday) in India. I guess whenever updated, Ecas (parents login) should show 'medical received' and MyCiC whether passed or not. For some reason Mycic has been showing medical status 'Review in process' since the day we got medical request. :)
my ecas still shows the old information, nothing updated for medical yet.

When they asked for the medical and PCC from then on my medical result was showing review in progress.

Thanks,

tamilnadu

Oct 2, 2012
Thanks!! Yes, I heard that ecas sometimes be unreliable. Especially, if you login using your (sponsor) info, it only shows permanent residents info updates up to "we started processing on ...." (I guess due to privacy). Any further updates (e.g. medical etc. ), one needs to login using parents' info. But still it could be less reliable.

I wish you and your parents good luck and hopefully you will have PPR very soon. Now I guess your wait for background check begins? Good luck! :)

rus66958 said:
my ecas still shows the old information, nothing updated for medical yet.

When they asked for the medical and PCC from then on my medical result was showing review in progress.

Thanks,

tamilnadu

Oct 2, 2012
I don't think you paying RPRF later than submitting PCC has any thing to do with documents status not changing to "received". I submitted PCC the same day I paid RPRF, still the status is only "provided" for me as well.

rus66958 said:
visa office is Ottawa. I have access to both Ecas and mycic.
Review of eligibility: review in progress.
Review of Submitted documents : Provided.
Background check: Not started

I am not sure why the submitted documents is not changing to received as I have submitted the day they have asked for it. I paid the RPRF today don't know whether this has slowed some work or not.

rus66958

Star Member
Sep 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
06-12-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
29-10-2013
Med's Done....
04-11-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2013
LANDED..........
11-12-2013
tamilnadu said:
I don't think you paying RPRF later than submitting PCC has any thing to do with documents status not changing to "received". I submitted PCC the same day I paid RPRF, still the status is only "provided" for me as well.
Ottawa has tons of application so they might be slow to react ... from others time line it looks like it will take two months from PCC/Medical request to PPR.

SH Korea

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
blueboy said:
If I remember correctly, you called CIC and they confirmed that they got the documents. Right?
Yes, the agent put me on hold to check my application's status and got back to me and said that they received our PCCs and they were not expecting anything else from me at the moment. I should have asked her to email me the confirmation but didn't. I actually received an email from CIC a few days after I emailed them our PCCs and RPRF receipt saying that they updated my file on their system with the new information I sent to them, so I didn't bother to ask for another confirmation..

SH Korea

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
PGPCLAN said:
I would suggest following and other more experienced members can weigh in:-

1) CIC will always record conversations and in most cases makes notes on each case per interaction with customer care agent. So, if someone has confirmed that you don't need anything to do in your current situation then you are safe as you always get that record in case of any discrepancies.

I will still suggest to call them again to explain your current situation if it been a while since you called them last.

2) sometimes BC could take up to 6 months depending on travel history and workplace (I.e. Government organizations). GCMS notes could be the best option at this time to see what's going on with you file.
Thank you so much for your suggestions.

Yes, I think I should call CIC again and double check that I haven't missed any other correspondences since then.

My parents have never been involved in government organizations, but I just realized something... My parents came to Canada to visit me in 2008 (less than 2months), 2012 (2 months) and 2014 (two and a half months) but I didn't record any of these for "8. Personal History" in Schedule A. I thought it was more for working or not working. I put "retired" for the past 10 years. They went to China about 3-4 days but I don't know if it was before the past 10 years or not.. Was I supposed to write all these short term travels? When we get PPR and CIC sees my parents' passports, they will see that they traveled to Canada a few times.

Will this be a big problem?..

Also, what is "GCMS notes"?

PGPCLAN

Jan 10, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SH Korea said:
Thank you so much for your suggestions.

Yes, I think I should call CIC again and double check that I haven't missed any other correspondences since then.

My parents have never been involved in government organizations, but I just realized something... My parents came to Canada to visit me in 2008 (less than 2months), 2012 (2 months) and 2014 (two and a half months) but I didn't record any of these for "8. Personal History" in Schedule A. I thought it was more for working or not working. I put "retired" for the past 10 years. They went to China about 3-4 days but I don't know if it was before the past 10 years or not.. Was I supposed to write all these short term travels? When we get PPR and CIC sees my parents' passports, they will see that they traveled to Canada a few times.

Will this be a big problem?..

Also, what is "GCMS notes"?
In my opinion, personal history and travel records are two different things. Personal history form is basically to get information of the applicant whereabouts during last 10 years. It doesn't serve purpose of providing travel history.

I don't think you need to show short term travels (less than three months) either and especially when the country visited is Canada. I have read on this forum that in past CIC has requested travel history forms as required.

Travel history is associated to the passport number and can easily be retrieved as this information is shared between countries.

GCMS is global case management system, which is used by CIC to process files. It can be ordered online with small fee. You will be able to se the status in higher detail compared to ECAS / myCIC.

I don't think you need to worry as BC is significantly bigger and could be time consuming stage and is affected by various factors such as country, applicants name, how the information is shared between countries, countries visited etc. This is based on what I have read online on different websites and forums.