+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

PGPCLAN

Jan 10, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tamilnadu said:
wondering how many days usually it takes for ecas or mycic to show medical results received after the medical exam?
It was within a week for me

tamilnadu

Oct 2, 2012
Thank you PGPCLAN!!

Did additional document status (PCC) on MyCIC account also change from "provided" to "received" for you? if yes, do you remember after how long?

Thanks again. :)

PGPCLAN said:
It was within a week for me

El1975

Dec 23, 2016
PGPCLAN said:
You will need to order one from CIC website. I am not able to post the link here for some reason. You can try searching on google GCMS notes CIC and you should be able to find it.
Thank you for your help.

PGPCLAN

Jan 10, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tamilnadu said:
Thank you PGPCLAN!!

Did additional document status (PCC) on MyCIC account also change from "provided" to "received" for you? if yes, do you remember after how long?

Thanks again. :)
Sorry I cant answer to that question as I registered to myCIC after med request and ECAS updated to "Medical Results received".
For me, I always have "No online document is required" in myCIC website.

tamilnadu

Oct 2, 2012
Thank you PGPCLAN!! I will watch for status change on ecas :)

PGPCLAN said:
Sorry I cant answer to that question as I registered to myCIC after med request and ECAS updated to "Medical Results received".
For me, I always have "No online document is required" in myCIC website.

PGPCLAN

Jan 10, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tamilnadu said:
Thank you PGPCLAN!! I will watch for status change on ecas :)
I wish you and everyone who are waiting for answers get good news from CIC soon (including me) !.

KitsuneDream

Jan 24, 2013
Philippines
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014 App Received..: 21-05-2014 CC Charged....: 04-09-2014 PER Received: 09-09-2014
Doc's Request.
16-10-2014
Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
21-10-2014
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2014
LANDED..........
31-03-2015
iluvbaguio said:
Thank you KitsuneDream. Yes we have to wait.. I have to applications both approved (SA) and transferred to CPC-Ottawa on 12 August, one have medical request already and the other is still waiting.. Maybe because of the application was handled by two different visa officer. One is faster than the other.

May ask KitsuneDream. Is your status in your mycic says in-process or received application still?

Thank you
My brother is the sponsor and did not register on MyCIC. I basically check ECAS for my mum which only shows one line, which is application received.

Oh so you have 2 applications but probably different case officers. When did you receive MR for your other application?

SH Korea

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
MyCIC still shows "Review of submitted documents - We need an additional document from the applicant" although we submitted PCC on Oct. 12, 2016 and confirmed the CIC received them and nothing else was required. A background check has been "In Progress" since the end of Nov. 2016. When I click "Submitted Documents", it still shows "Upload File" buttons for Police Certificates, which was required by Nov. 21, 2016. The detail says "Replacement Overdue" I called CIC before Nov. 21 and was told that I don't have to worry about it since they received the documents. They said maybe the update was being delayed. But it's been a while since this call and it even says "overdue" now.

Should I be concerned??... It's been a while since the status changed to "background check in progress" and MyCIC message worries me...-.-

blueboy

Apr 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SH Korea said:
MyCIC still shows "Review of submitted documents - We need an additional document from the applicant" although we submitted PCC on Oct. 12, 2016 and confirmed the CIC received them and nothing else was required. A background check has been "In Progress" since the end of Nov. 2016. When I click "Submitted Documents", it still shows "Upload File" buttons for Police Certificates, which was required by Nov. 21, 2016. The detail says "Replacement Overdue" I called CIC before Nov. 21 and was told that I don't have to worry about it since they received the documents. They said maybe the update was being delayed. But it's been a while since this call and it even says "overdue" now.

Should I be concerned??... It's been a while since the status changed to "background check in progress" and MyCIC message worries me...-.-
If I remember correctly, you called CIC and they confirmed that they got the documents. Right?

Lsg

Jan 15, 2016
Can someone please answer this question. I have asked this before, but got no answer. Does anyone know to what email address I should send the police certificate? I got a message on the online account that the police certificate is required with no email address provided to send it to. Your help is appreciated! Thanks.

IndoCanadian777

Star Member
Oct 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lsg said:
Can someone please answer this question. I have asked this before, but got no answer. Does anyone know to what email address I should send the police certificate? I got a message on the online account that the police certificate is required with no email address provided to send it to. Your help is appreciated! Thanks.
The email from CIC should specify if you have email them or mail the originals.

PGPCLAN

Jan 10, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SH Korea said:

I would suggest following and other more experienced members can weigh in:-

1) CIC will always record conversations and in most cases makes notes on each case per interaction with customer care agent. So, if someone has confirmed that you don't need anything to do in your current situation then you are safe as you always get that record in case of any discrepancies.

I will still suggest to call them again to explain your current situation if it been a while since you called them last.

2) sometimes BC could take up to 6 months depending on travel history and workplace (I.e. Government organizations). GCMS notes could be the best option at this time to see what's going on with you file.

ciantiik

Jan 6, 2016
Lsg said:
We recently received a similar email requesting the police certificate. It explained that you should reply directly to the email with your File no:

"Please reply directly to this email and put your application number in the title."

Lsg

Jan 15, 2016
ciantiik said:
We recently received a similar email requesting the police certificate. It explained that you should reply directly to the email with your File no:

"Please reply directly to this email and put your application number in the title."
Mine says exact same thing. The problem is that I never received any email! I received a message on my online account asking for police certificate

Lsg

Jan 15, 2016
IndoCanadian777 said:
The email from CIC should specify if you have email them or mail the originals.
It says: "reply to this email". I never received any email. I got the message on my online account, not email