+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

blurryface236

Jan 4, 2016
Rossei said:
Yes, to be in the safe side, just send an email with PCC attached to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca. Mention that you also uploaded the PCC in your MyCIC account. (you = principal applicant)

Thanks

CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca Should I just send it to this email address
Just wanted to make sure, there is no Specific email to send PCC right ?

Or would it better to use the WebForum?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
blurryface236 said:
Thanks

CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca Should I just send it to this email address
Just wanted to make sure, there is no Specific email to send PCC right ?

Or would it better to use the WebForum?
Just send it to that email address mentioning your Full Name, DOB, File No, UCI No. etc.

iluvbaguio

Mar 12, 2010
Rossei said:
This only means that your parents' application is little ahead of your in-laws'. Nothing to worry about this difference. These 2 are completely different applications and hence will be treated on each one's merit although you're the common sponsor/co-sponsor. I want to add here that these 2 applications can be processed by different LVO as well (as you didn't mention your LVO) and as a result, can have totally different PR processing time.
Rossie, Thank you for you advice... They are both Ottawa Visa Office. I am worried about the status of my parents in-law. They both have SA already dated 13 August, but why the ecas shows still "received application" for what I understand my we are approved to sponsor but my parents in-laws application are not being touch or process yet.

axen0001

Jan 22, 2016
Hello,

We received PCC, medicals and proof of PRPF about 2-3 weeks ago. Meanwhile my mom passed mammography exam (which she does yearly as a preventative measure) and was diagnosed with breast cancer :'( Luckily it was detected in a early stage and doctors are positive that surgery will solve the problem. The surgery is scheduled on December 25.

Does that mean that we are done with the immigration or there is a form that would delay our process and we can send PCC and pass medical later on?

I already paid $980 for PRPF. Should I ask for a refund? I saw that this amount is totally refundable.

Thanks

CJPM

Dec 16, 2016
Hi all,

Any update for folks going through the Mexican consulate? I saw on the news that the timeline for the parents stream process will decrease to one year... I received sponsor approval on August and my file transferred to Mecico but no news after that...

Cheers...

blurryface236

Jan 4, 2016
Rossei said:
Just send it to that email address mentioning your Full Name, DOB, File No, UCI No. etc.

Rossei,
see this page it says Scan and e-mail documents (other than police certificates) to: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/ottawa.asp

Frequently asked questions

5. I need to send documents that are part of the application process. Where do I send them?
Scan and e-mail documents (other than police certificates) to: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

Send original Police Certificates to:
Case Processing Centre – Ottawa
Documents request
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Updates and Changes to PGP - 2017

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/parents.asp

source - http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=1168899

Changes to application intake process for 2017 Parent and Grandparent Program
The Government is committed to a fair and transparent immigration system. Changes made to the Parent and Grandparent Program will improve access to the application process, given that the number of applications accepted for intake is limited. In order to give the same chance to all Canadians who are interested in applying to sponsor their parents or grandparents, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) heard former applicants and is making changes to improve how people can apply to this program.

Between January 3 and February 2, 2017, Canadian citizens and permanent residents who want to apply as sponsors must first complete an online form on the IRCC website to let the Department know they are interested in applying to sponsor their parents or grandparents.

The online form will be available for 30 days, from noon Eastern Standard Time (EST) on January 3, 2017, to noon EST on February 2, 2017.

The form will ask for the individual’s first name, family name, date of birth, country of birth, main home address, postal code and email address. Once the information is successfully submitted through the online form, the individual will get a confirmation number. They should keep this number for their records. They will need to submit only one online form, as duplicate entries will be removed. Completing the form will not mean a person has applied to sponsor under the program.

At the end of the 30 days, IRCC will remove the duplicates, randomly choose 10 000 people and ask them to complete the full application. IRCC will let everyone who completed an online form know whether they were chosen or not. Only those who were randomly chosen will be invited to apply to the Parent and Grandparent Program.

Those who were invited to apply will have 90 days to submit their complete application to IRCC. The 2017 application kit and guide will be available on IRCC’s website on January 9, 2017.

Interested sponsors who are not selected will be able to indicate their interest to apply again in 2018.

random hero

Star Member
Jul 6, 2016
anyone knows how long ottawa takes to stamp the visa for parents who are already in canada ? i sent the passport today and was wondering how much time this last step would take !

Luda345

Star Member
Dec 11, 2015
I've just checked "Client Application status" and MyCIC Status.

Client Application Status says: "Decision made" (under PR application status)

MyCIC Status says under Final decision "Not Started"

Could anybody explain what does it mean?? I'm confused :eek:

Amarpreetd

Star Member
Jan 11, 2016
Luda345 said:
I've just checked "Client Application status" and MyCIC Status.

Client Application Status says: "Decision made" (under PR application status)

MyCIC Status says under Final decision "Not Started"

Could anybody explain what does it mean?? I'm confused :eek:
nothing to worry.....mine was same......my cic status changed the day cic dispatched my parents passport......while decision made was around the time we received ppr

apple123_4567

Oct 2, 2015
Guys .. Slightly divulging.. So what are the options now apart from PGP (which is uncertain now with lottery) and super visa(which is 10 yr time bound)?

1) Any other out of the box thinking here around to bring single parent?
2) investment immigration ? can someone include parent in the application?
3) Any PNP program that allows parent under some other program?

naveen73

Mar 10, 2012
Hi

I am trying to send the requested docs using information provided in the email sent by delhi immigration but the site is not able to open. Did anyone encounter similar issue and please share how to send docs electronically to NDVO

For all e-mail correspondence with our office, we request you to use the enquiries form at:
https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=new%20delhi
Always include the applicant's full name, date of birth, passport number and file number in your message

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
apple123_4567 said:
Guys .. Slightly divulging.. So what are the options now apart from PGP (which is uncertain now with lottery) and super visa(which is 10 yr time bound)?

1) Any other out of the box thinking here around to bring single parent?
2) investment immigration ? can someone include parent in the application?
3) Any PNP program that allows parent under some other program?
If single mom or dad ( and no sibling back home) then with some planning try H&C route

Other option is let them come on student visa and do cources in project mgmt. Suites if parents in 50s age only.
Then qualify under express entry

Family busniess pnp program in nova scotia by investing in truck business. Father should have truck licence. Not every one can do but upto 60s age parents can qualify

I have some other ideas too on startup visa. But it need planning. Get patent on mother name in food processing. Startup home food delivery in GTA. create nice website and mobile app. Pay 100k to private incubater who will support ur parents team

Some others ideas too may be later