+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

blurryface236

Jan 4, 2016
blueboy said:
Just saw this morning - The application status has background check 'In Progress' now. I am going to update the spreadsheet.

Any idea how much more time before I get a PPR?

Thanks.

If you don't mind me asking

How did you send your PCC ? I sent by uploading to the GEC Account not sure if that's the right way to do it

kilamans

Feb 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga jan '16
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Credit card charged jan '16
AOR Received.
AOR - Feb '16
File Transfer...
Ottawa Aug '16
Med's Request
Oct '16 & for PCC
Med's Done....
Nov '16 & for PCC
Mesohilo said:
Ok, in terms of fairness both families have equal (however lower) chances. In terms of volume of applications, last year I applied for my in-laws; this year I was going to apply for my parents but their passports were not yet issued because of a backlog. Now instead of giving up and waiting one more year I can give it a try, since it is free and see what happens.

The message is not clear in terms of fulfillment of the 10k spots. I find it unlikely they will keep drawing-waiting 30 days-drawing again-waiting... until they get to 10k. anyways. let's see how successful the new model is going forward.
hey you said this "...since it is free"

what do you mean by that?

Mesohilo

Jan 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
01-02-2016
File Transfer...
29-06-2016
kilamans said:
hey you said this "...since it is free"

what do you mean by that?
this was a hypothetical scenario. I don't plan to apply to any other sponsorship. but what I meant in that scenario was that since it is free to signup for the draw (as far as I know there is no fee to be part of the draw), I might as well give it a try, even if today I don't have the passports. If the passports were not ready by the time the 30 days are over, no money lost... I simply "stole" someone else's spot... no big deal right? remember, hypothetical. I am not that guy :) but sounds like a plausible scenario to me.

Anon2016

Star Member
May 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
Waiting
random hero said:
hello

finally i got ppr an hour ago...
Congratulations the finish line is in sight!! :)

Thank you for sharing news of your success. Wishing you the best!

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
_MK_ said:
I do not agree with you.
Imagine two families applying for PGP sponsorship. A couple with two incomes and no kids and 150k annual income. A family of 5 with one income and just barely making the income requirement around 60-70k annual income.

Which family do you think will have more disposable income to spend the extra cash on courier?

Also, everyone doesn't know about the couriers and people who live in far off provinces might not have easy access to them.
This way anyone who meets the requirement has the same equal chance of getting selected. There is no way to "game" the system.

And no one who does not want to sponsor will take the trouble of filling out an application. There is no point if you do not want to sponsor. If you get selected by the lottery, you have 30 days. If you do not submit within the 30 days, the spot is given to someone else. There are no wasted slots.

This is a very good move by the Immigration minister. Applicants are no longer going to be subject to extortion like fees the couriers were charging. They were charging 200-500 last year. What is stopping them from charging 1000 this year. How many can afford that?
There are two sides to everything and this is no different.

On one hand, people who do not have disposable income, should ask the question can they really support their parents here? The 30% margin over LICO was made for the exact same reason (off course charging $1000 for a package is outrageous). Individual situations may differ but generally this should not be the case. You are right that some people do not know about the priority express couriers etc. and I totally agree with you.

On the other hand, previously there was a defined criteria and as long as you met the criteria you were in.

Personal opinion - I liked the previous setup better because I was fighting against defined odds. If not the first time success, next time better luck since you learn from your mistakes and now, people may have to live with hope which may never happen. Added to this, now any year your income goes down the min required for PGP, you are out the window for the next few years. So when you actually do get selected, you have 20 years commitment. It will be worse for people who had dependents as they will pass the age of majority if they do not get selected.

blurryface236

Jan 4, 2016
Anon2016 said:
Congratulations the finish line is in sight!! :)

Thank you for sharing news of your success. Wishing you the best!
Congratulations

If you don't mind sharing, can i please ask how did you submit your Police Clearance ?

blueboy

Apr 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
blurryface236 said:
If you don't mind me asking

How did you send your PCC ? I sent by uploading to the GEC Account not sure if that's the right way to do it
I got an email from CPC-Ottawa asking for PCC. I submitted the PCC by replying to that email.

Thanks.

iluvbaguio

Mar 12, 2010
Forum members/ Rossie. I have a question again. We have to applications submitted to CIC. One for my mother and father and another for my mother and father-in-law. These application both received 5 January 2016 and we received Sponsorship Approval last 13 August 2016. I cannot link the application but I am using ecas to check the status of the application. Yesterday I received a medical request for the my mother and father but my mother and father-in-law application, when I check in Ecas it says "Received Application" only.

Is there someone here with this same case? Why is it that the other application still "RECIEVED APPLICAITON" even if we already have the Sponsorship Approval? Is there any problem that I don't know?

Can you help me with this... Rossie :-\ :-\ :-\

Maggie2016

May 10, 2016
PLEASE HELP!!

does anyone else have NOT received sponsor approval at this point?? I received email in May 2016 of receiving and accepting the application under the 2016 intake cap, nothing else since then. My application was received on January 5th. I tried to link application to My Account, application was not found. Any suggestion what would happen now... since 2017 application process is right around the corner....I am very concerned.

Maggie2016

May 10, 2016
Still don't understand the process.... I can see from the spreadsheet...some Jan 5 applications received SA before Jan 4 applications, and some Jan 4 applications already received final decision.... aren't they supposed to be processed in order?

kilamans

Feb 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga jan '16
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
AOR - Feb '16
File Transfer...
Ottawa Aug '16
Med's Request
Oct '16 & for PCC
Med's Done....
Nov '16 & for PCC
Maggie2016 said:
PLEASE HELP!!

does anyone else have NOT received sponsor approval at this point?? I received email in May 2016 of receiving and accepting the application under the 2016 intake cap, nothing else since then. My application was received on January 5th. I tried to link application to My Account, application was not found. Any suggestion what would happen now... since 2017 application process is right around the corner....I am very concerned.
no worries, many of them on jan 4th have not received SA, also 2017 process has been changed, so no impact for us.

request you to read previous pages comments, your question has been posted by many...

kilamans

Feb 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga jan '16
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
AOR - Feb '16
File Transfer...
Ottawa Aug '16
Med's Request
Oct '16 & for PCC
Med's Done....
Nov '16 & for PCC
Maggie2016 said:
Still don't understand the process.... I can see from the spreadsheet...some Jan 5 applications received SA before Jan 4 applications, and some Jan 4 applications already received final decision.... aren't they supposed to be processed in order?
none of us have the answer to this question