AOR Received.
Feb 1, 2016
File Transfer...
Jun 15, 2016
Med's Request
July 7, 2016
Med's Done....
July 15, 2016
Canada adopts lottery system for reuniting immigrants with parents, grandparents

http://www.cicnews.com/2016/12/new-application-process-parent-grandparent-program-revealed-128741.html

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canada-immigration-parents-grandparents-1.3895808

tweetyishere

Star Member
Jun 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Doc's Request.
25-11-2016
AOR Received.
10-06-2016
File Transfer...
12-08-2016
Med's Request
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
03-11-2016
Congrats random hero :) I am happy for you
it feels good to see people from 2016 receiving PPR :)

are you thinking about flag polling or booking an appointment with immigration?

random hero said:
hello

finally i got ppr an hour ago

medicals requested 23 aug and submitted a week later,

LVO - Beirut, i have to admit background check was the longest part as my mother traveled a lot and stayed for over 6 months in multiple countries.

i live in quebec and passport will be sent to ottawa as my mother is here in Canada at the moment.

how long its taking Ottawa nowadays to stamp visa and send back ?

jesa

Star Member
Dec 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
skekk said:
Reply to the request and ask to give you more time for this specific document. I made it for my parent's Certificate from Quebec province
iluvbaguio said:
Forum members...

I NEED YOUR HELP. Last night I received an email asking for my parents medical and NBI and police clearance in UAE. My parents leave in Fort McMurray right now and we learned that it will take us 20 days just to process the request to UAE embassy in Ottawa and they will send it to UAE for the police clearance it self. Counting the number of working days left this year I feel that we will not make it to the deadline by CIC which is 27 January 2017.

Do you have any advice on how we handle this problem? Is there anyone here who have the same case as me.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

My application was:
Received: 5th January 2016
SA approved: 31st August 2016
Started Processing : 8th September 2016
Received Medical: 13th December 2016
and other docs reqs
Maybe you have to start to process now...just to make sure they gave you a proof that your request is filed and in process.
and then make a letter/consideration (explanation) attached the proof... send it to CIC ...in that case it can be delayed but not a refusal.
Don't worry CIC is considerate...Hope it can help. on

random hero

Star Member
Jul 6, 2016
tweetyishere said:
Congrats random hero :) I am happy for you
it feels good to see people from 2016 receiving PPR :)

are you thinking about flag polling or booking an appointment with immigration?
thanks, most probably i will flag pole, however im gonna call CIC next week to see what is the waiting period to get an appointment with them ! then ill go with which comes first (highly likely flag pole)

Mesohilo

Jan 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
01-02-2016
File Transfer...
29-06-2016
Pamma97 said:
okay so with this new lottery system for intake, all those local courier companies monopoly will be shut forever lol

good move to give everyone fair chance.
"Fair chance" is relative in my opinion. Before you had the option to pay more for an express service and, although some luck was still required you could at least increase your chances. The excuse that the old process was giving those who can afford more chances is BS. If you pass the minimum family income requirement for 3 years in a row I find it very unlikely you can't find some extra bucks in your budget to pay for an express service. the question is if you are WILLING to spend the extra bucks. Remember, the income requirement still exists, so it's not that they are giving equal chances to the whole population anyways.

My concern with the new "fair" process is that before, only "serious" applicants were trying since you had to submit supporting docs and payment, so let's say we were 20-30k where 10k were in. Now you have a simple form, no docs, no payment, no commitment to apply if selected.

I am sure we will have tons of apps for the draw, just because it is simple and free. instead of 20-30k serious applicant you might have 100k. People who might not even know they do not qualify yet and are "stilling" the spot of someone else who spent 2016 preparing the docs. Before we had 10k making the cap. 10k applications. now we will have 10k selected for the right to apply. how many will really apply? 7k, 8k? what happens to the missed ones? will probably go to waste. How fair is it?

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Mesohilo said:
"Fair chance" is relative in my opinion. Before you had the option to pay more for an express service and, although some luck was still required you could at least increase your chances. The excuse that the old process was giving those who can afford more chances is BS. If you pass the minimum family income requirement for 3 years in a row I find it very unlikely you can't find some extra bucks in your budget to pay for an express service. the question is if you are WILLING to spend the extra bucks. Remember, the income requirement still exists, so it's not that they are giving equal chances to the whole population anyways.

My concern with the new "fair" process is that before, only "serious" applicants were trying since you had to submit supporting docs and payment, so let's say we were 20-30k where 10k were in. Now you have a simple form, no docs, no payment, no commitment to apply if selected.

I am sure we will have tons of apps for the draw, just because it is simple and free. instead of 20-30k serious applicant you might have 100k. People who might not even know they do not qualify yet and are "stilling" the spot of someone else who spent 2016 preparing the docs. Before we had 10k making the cap. 10k applications. now we will have 10k selected for the right to apply. how many will really apply? 7k, 8k? what happens to the missed ones? will probably go to waste. How fair is it?
I do not agree with you.
Imagine two families applying for PGP sponsorship. A couple with two incomes and no kids and 150k annual income. A family of 5 with one income and just barely making the income requirement around 60-70k annual income.

Which family do you think will have more disposable income to spend the extra cash on courier?

Also, everyone doesn't know about the couriers and people who live in far off provinces might not have easy access to them.
This way anyone who meets the requirement has the same equal chance of getting selected. There is no way to "game" the system.

And no one who does not want to sponsor will take the trouble of filling out an application. There is no point if you do not want to sponsor. If you get selected by the lottery, you have 30 days. If you do not submit within the 30 days, the spot is given to someone else. There are no wasted slots.

This is a very good move by the Immigration minister. Applicants are no longer going to be subject to extortion like fees the couriers were charging. They were charging 200-500 last year. What is stopping them from charging 1000 this year. How many can afford that?

iluvbaguio

Mar 12, 2010
jesa said:
Maybe you have to start to process now...just to make sure they gave you a proof that your request is filed and in process.
and then make a letter/consideration (explanation) attached the proof... send it to CIC ...in that case it can be delayed but not a refusal.
Don't worry CIC is considerate...Hope it can help. on
THANK YOU Jesa.. We already started processing the required documents yesterday.

My Visa Office is Ottawa.

jesa

Star Member
Dec 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iluvbaguio said:
THANK YOU Jesa.. We already started processing the required documents yesterday.

My Visa Office is Ottawa.
Ur Welcome....It's Good.....Goodluck

blueboy

Apr 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just saw this morning - The application status has background check 'In Progress' now. I am going to update the spreadsheet.

Any idea how much more time before I get a PPR?

Thanks.

Mesohilo

Jan 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
01-02-2016
File Transfer...
29-06-2016
_MK_ said:
I do not agree with you.
Imagine two families applying for PGP sponsorship. A couple with two incomes and no kids and 150k annual income. A family of 5 with one income and just barely making the income requirement around 60-70k annual income.

Which family do you think will have more disposable income to spend the extra cash on courier?

Also, everyone doesn't know about the couriers and people who live in far off provinces might not have easy access to them.
This way anyone who meets the requirement has the same equal chance of getting selected. There is no way to "game" the system.

And no one who does not want to sponsor will take the trouble of filling out an application. There is no point if you do not want to sponsor. If you get selected by the lottery, you have 30 days. If you do not submit within the 30 days, the spot is given to someone else. There are no wasted slots.

This is a very good move by the Immigration minister. Applicants are no longer going to be subject to extortion like fees the couriers were charging. They were charging 200-500 last year. What is stopping them from charging 1000 this year. How many can afford that?
Ok, in terms of fairness both families have equal (however lower) chances. In terms of volume of applications, last year I applied for my in-laws; this year I was going to apply for my parents but their passports were not yet issued because of a backlog. Now instead of giving up and waiting one more year I can give it a try, since it is free and see what happens.

The message is not clear in terms of fulfillment of the 10k spots. I find it unlikely they will keep drawing-waiting 30 days-drawing again-waiting... until they get to 10k. anyways. let's see how successful the new model is going forward.

Mesohilo

Jan 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
01-02-2016
File Transfer...
29-06-2016
jeffporfirio said:
If you don't meet LICO, don't apply and take the spot of someone who does meet it. be fair.
In this case you are counting on people's common sense to make it fair? I doubt a single person would refrain from applying thinking of someone else's chances...

tanvirmk

Star Member
Jan 30, 2005
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19 June
AOR Received.
24 Aug 2015
File Transfer...
27 Aug
Med's Done....
April 2015
Pla said:
Is any one here still waiting for SA? thank you
I am still waiting

tanvirmk

Star Member
Jan 30, 2005
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19 June
AOR Received.
24 Aug 2015
File Transfer...
27 Aug
Med's Done....
April 2015
Did anyone have to take police clearance from USA (FBI?)? If so, how difficult it was to get?