Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Jan 5th 2016 - 8.52am Purolator
Doc's Request.
Email on July 6th, 2016- submitted July 12, 2016 via case specific enquiry, Sep 2018 documents requested, PR fees requested Jan 2019
Nomination.....
CC charged March 22, 2016 (Ecase activated April 26, 2016)
AOR Received.
May 16th, 2016 in Mail
File Transfer...
SA Approval on Feb 3, 2017 - transferred to OTTAWA - reassessment requested again March 2018, refused June 4 2018, again requested reassessment on June 20, 2018, SA approved again in Aug 2018
Med's Request
14-05-2018
Med's Done....
26-05-2018
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
05-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2019 rcvd pp back on 20/02/2019
LANDED..........
14/03/2019 appointment date for landing
kilamans said:
jhutti

if preet001 becomes a parent for a single child next year, and when CIC when process the application, will count 5 for 2013?
In this case it will be considered 4 family size even though he was not married... no officer discretion or anything that's the rule... when you file application at that day Jan 1 or 2 or whatever first working day, whatever your family size is will be considered.

You cannot predict future and cic knows that so if he gets child next year it will be 5 for that year and for future...

Roya-FSW

Aug 7, 2013
Hi All,
I was a 2016 PGP applicant. I did not receive the SA and last week I finally withdrew my application. They sent back my application in couple of days.
I'm going to apply again in Jn 2017.
For those who have not received SA yet like me, I believe there should be sth wrong with your application and it's not random at all.
They might reject your application early next year and then it would be too late

jeffporfirio

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
Roya-FSW said:
Hi All,
I was a 2016 PGP applicant. I did not receive the SA and last week I finally withdrew my application. They sent back my application in couple of days.
I'm going to apply again in Jn 2017.
For those who have not received SA yet like me, I believe there should be sth wrong with your application and it's not random at all.
They might reject your application early next year and then it would be too late
I don't understand your reasoning. They had already charged your CC, you had AR but not SA, and you withdrew your application???
Can you explain your reasoning a bit more, please. Even the CIC website states that they are processing application from 2014.
Did they refund your CC charges?

Roya-FSW

Aug 7, 2013
jeffporfirio said:
I don't understand your reasoning. They had already charged your CC, you had AR but not SA, and you withdrew your application???
Can you explain your reasoning a bit more, please. Even the CIC website states that they are processing application from 2014.
Did they refund your CC charges?
I found that I was about $8 short in my 2012 income and I'm positive that they eventually reject my application.
AOR means that you were in cap and nothing more.
As far as I know they have just started returning applications (those who had received AOR) for different reasons
There is no randomness for sure. If someone have not received SA yet there is a problem with the application. CIC website and even most of call centre agents have no idea of what is actually is going on. I believe that if I was found eligible I should have received my SA like others.
Last week I spoke with one of call center agents and explained to her the situation. Unlike other agents who all say "we are currently working on 2014 application" she checked my application status and said that there is no randomness in processing applications; all eligible 2016 applicants have already received their SA and most probably there is an issue with my application and there is a hold on my application. So I decided not to waste my time and apply again in 2017.

jeffporfirio

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
Roya-FSW said:
I found that I was about $8 short in my 2012 income and I'm positive that they eventually reject my application.
As far as I know they have just started returning applications (those who had received AOR) for different reasons
There is no randomness for sure. If someone have not received SA yet there is a problem with the application. CIC website and even most of call centre agents have no idea of what is actually is going on. I believe that if I was found eligible I should have received my SA like others.
Last week I spoke with one of call center agents and explained to her the situation. Unlike other agents who all say "we are currently working on 2014 application" she checked my application status and said that there is no randomness in processing applications; all eligible 2016 applicants have already received their SA and most probably there is an issue with my application and there is a hold on my application. So I decided not to waste my time and apply again in 2017.
Thanks.
So you knew that there was a problem with your application (not meeting the minimum income).

Would you recommend that all of us that have not gotten SA, withdraw our applications? Even those from Jan 5th?

Also, you state "AOR means that you were in cap and nothing more.", are you sure of this ?

Did they refund your CC fees?

Again thanks for clarifying.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Roya-FSW said:
My income is far more than minimum required income. I am pretty sure that I have not missed anything. I think CIC is processing applications randomly. What will they do while holding the applications if they have already rejected it. Look at Rossie's 2015 spreadsheet, some people received SA the next year (applied in 2015 and received SA in 2016). And you can't just take a word for granted by cic agents because every agent tells a different story. My friend, patience is the key.
Good luck for 2017 submission.

Also, I can say that as per their official website, they are working on 2014 applications thus it seems to be random and people are lucky if their applications are processed early. They should feel privileged.
If their official website would have been 2016 then I would have understood the fact that our file is not moving then it would have made sense to withdraw the application.

Also we are just a chunk of people in this forum. There must be hundreds who still be waiting for SA like us.

CIC may be just balancing some workload by processing few of 2016 applications.

Roya-FSW

Aug 7, 2013
jeffporfirio said:
Thanks.
So you knew that there was a problem with your application (not meeting the minimum income).

Would you recommend that all of us that have not gotten SA, withdraw our applications? Even those from Jan 5th?

Also, you state "AOR means that you were in cap and nothing more.", are you sure of this ?

Did they refund your CC fees?

Again thanks for clarifying.
I submitted my 2015 Option-C to show that my 2015 income was way above the LICO but did not hear from them.
I actually have a twin brother and sister who are now almost 18 years old so I could not risk and wait to hear from them (rejection or acceptance). 2017 is the last year that they will be considered as dependent child so that was my best choice.
I consulted with some immigration lawyers and they advised me to withdraw and re-apply in 2017. They all told me that each year the PGP processing gets faster and faster so hopefully 2017 applications will be processed faster than 2016. When the CIC call centre agent told me that its not random and almost all eligible 2016 applicants have received SA by now I decided to withdraw my application.
My understanding is that AOR means that we were in cap and all required forms/doc are submitted. They only return the application on that stage if the cap is reached, there is a missing signature or missing documents.
I might be completely WRONG but in my situation I believe that was my best option.
BTW, They have mentioned that the processing fee will be refunded in 6 weeks.

jeffporfirio

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
Roya-FSW said:
I submitted my 2015 Option-C to show that my 2015 income was way above the LICO but did not hear from them.
I actually have a twin brother and sister who are now almost 18 years old so I could not risk and wait to hear from them (rejection or acceptance). 2017 is the last year that they will be considered as dependent child so that was my best choice.
I consulted with some immigration lawyers and they advised me to withdraw and re-apply in 2017. They all told me that each year the PGP processing gets faster and faster so hopefully 2017 applications will be processed faster than 2016. When the CIC call centre agent told me that its not random and almost all eligible 2016 applicants have received SA by now I decided to withdraw my application.
My understanding is that AOR means that we were in cap and all required forms/doc are submitted. They only return the application on that stage if the cap is reached, there is a missing signature or missing documents.
I might be completely WRONG but in my situation I believe that was my best option.
Good luck in 2017, and I hope for you, that you got credible info.
I'll stick it out and be patient.
Also, thank you, one less application in the queue :)

Spread the word....withdraw your application :)

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Roya-FSW said:

You make a correct decesion. 8 dollar less in income would have get you rejected. Now make sure u gets in 10k apps of 2017. Best wishes

Bobby82

May 25, 2016
Ksana said:
I've tried all possible combinations to link my application to no avail.

I always get a message "application not found".... What am I doing wrong?
Please try by giving Principal Applicant's full name as first name and leaving last name as blank

Vituan88

Dec 7, 2016
I plan to sponsor my parents,but I can't open some forms likes IMM 1344 ,IMM 5767.because the Cic haven't updated the forms or because I don't have the right software to open it? Please help,the deadline is due soon but I still can't open the form to fill out. Please help me!!!

random hero

Star Member
Jul 6, 2016
Vituan88 said:
I plan to sponsor my parents,but I can't open some forms likes IMM 1344 ,IMM 5767.because the Cic haven't updated the forms or because I don't have the right software to open it? Please help,the deadline is due soon but I still can't open the form to fill out. Please help me!!!
right click the form, save as somewhere and then open it with adobe reader !

rkurtur

Star Member
Apr 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Friends,

I got confused with question 3 after reading so many posts.

My case is simple, Myself and my wife (PR) is with me working in Canada. I like to sponser my mom(who is in India) as my dad has expired an year ago. So, what is my family members count .

I am not going have my wife as co-signer as I have sufficient income on my own to sponser my mom.

Is it 2 (myself and my wife) or Is it 3(myself , my wife and my mother)?

jesa

Star Member
Dec 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vituan88 said:
Maybe you can try this....open the form using internet explorer instead of google chrome
its work for me.
Hope it can help.