+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

ElenaRu

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
Ywcat said:
We are in the same boat. I just received CSQ last week, and I sent a copy by Email to CIC right away. I hope they can do something if they got the email. :D ;D
:-* :-* :-*

bsz

Star Member
Aug 22, 2011
My parents did their eMedical. In the "Clinical Visa Details", dr. has written:

IME: Non EDE
Upfront Medical Type: Worker

This shouldn't be correct. Parents should do "EDE" and their Upfront Medical Type should be different such as "PGP" or some other value I guess. Also the doctor hasn't specified a UCI in the form and given us a UMI.

Has anyone done an upfront for their parents. Can you tell me what was on yours?
IME: ?
Upfront Medical Type: ?
Did yours have a UCI on top?

thinktriplets

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
bsz said:
My parents did their eMedical. In the "Clinical Visa Details", dr. has written:

IME: Non EDE
Upfront Medical Type: Worker

This shouldn't be correct. Parents should do "EDE" and their Upfront Medical Type should be different such as "PGP" or some other value I guess. Also the doctor hasn't specified a UCI in the form and given us a UMI.

Has anyone done an upfront for their parents. Can you tell me what was on yours?
IME: ?
Upfront Medical Type: ?
Did yours have a UCI on top?
For PGP sponsorship applications, IME Type is Non-EDE (Non Excessive Demand Exempt), whether IME is upfront or not. Parents and grand-parents are assessed if their health condition represents excessive demand on health care.

bsz

Star Member
Aug 22, 2011
No, they should be EDE (Excessive Demand Exempt):

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/partner/pp/pdf/handbook-extract.pdf

Page 7 clearly says: Family (EDE)

thinktriplets

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
bsz said:
No, they should be EDE (Excessive Demand Exempt):

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/partner/pp/pdf/handbook-extract.pdf

Page 7 clearly says: Family (EDE)

In this case, all parents / grand-parents who have a medical situation that represents excessive demand on health care would do UFM, and IRCC will accept it....?! because they are not bright enough?!

In the context that you are reading, Family does not mean parents and grand parents sponsorship category.

Read here. More recent than the link you gave.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/dmp-handbook/index.asp

Note: EDE clients include refugees, refugee claimants and certain family classes and individuals with protected person status.

In the “Proposed Visa Application Details” section, select the appropriate upfront category from the drop down list (student, worker, visitor or family EDE). Note: For refugee claimants in Canada, select the category family EDE, and scan and attach the document provided by the client.

bsz

Star Member
Aug 22, 2011
Thanks for your response. I was always under the impression that PGP IME (UFM or non-UFM) is exempt from excessive demand. Based on what you said, this seems not to be true.

How about "Upfront Medical Type: Worker"? Didn't they have a better category that "Worker"?

thinktriplets said:
In this case, all parents / grand-parents who have a medical situation that represents excessive demand on health care would do UFM, and IRCC will accept it....?! because they are not bright enough?!

In the context that you are reading, Family does not mean parents and grand parents sponsorship category.

Read here. More recent than the link you gave.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/dmp-handbook/index.asp

Note: EDE clients include refugees, refugee claimants and certain family classes and individuals with protected person status.

In the “Proposed Visa Application Details” section, select the appropriate upfront category from the drop down list (student, worker, visitor or family EDE). Note: For refugee claimants in Canada, select the category family EDE, and scan and attach the document provided by the client.

Intangible

Dec 1, 2011
Calgary
Hi Everyone

I want to apply for my mom for 2017.
I have a somewhat complicated case. My parents have been separated for a very long period of time and I'm only sponsoring my mom. No contact with father for many years. I have searched up and down this website for how to manage spouse related information in forms in such a case.
Got some information but no clear answers. So this is what I decided to do.

• On the IMM008 form I have filled 2 members in Question 3.
  • My dad has been included as non accompanying dependent in IMM008. (Somehow managed to fill some fields regarding education and date of birth etc and left others blank)
  • In financial eval form IMM6758 I will also fill 3 members in total as I have enough income to support both parents.
  • Will be including a letter clarifying the situation and declaration from my mom that she understands she will not be able to sponsor my dad in the future.

Now I have three questions:
1. My parents do not have a marriage certificate. My mom can maybe get an affidavit in lieu of it. But I think if spouse is not accompanying it should not need to be included in the application. This is what the document checklist says:

Proof of principal applicant's relationship to an accompanying dependent spouse or common-law partner
- Photocopy of marriage certificate, OR...

Can anybody confirm if the marriage certificate needs to be included regardless?

2. Also my mom will try to get an affidavit of separation as well. But if she isn't able to, do you think the letter of explanation would suffice? Or even a separation affidavit is not enough?

3. Lastly, is the inclusion of my dad under family member the best way to go or should I fill all forms from the perspective of a divorce?

Thanks

flyboymtl

Dec 1, 2016
Hi all,

I have a question.

For Quebec candidates, have you been sending in copy of the CSQ to CIC after you received it from MIDI or has it been automatically forwarded to them by MIDI? My understanding of the letter I received together with my parents CSQ is that MIDI already notified our visa office (Vienna). What is your experience and have you been sending them CSQ copy regardless?

Best regards!

Noui

Nov 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Doc's Request.
CSQ_23-06-2016, Submitted Oct. 2016
AOR Received.
01-02-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
Med's Request
23-06-2016
Med's Done....
28-07-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
13-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2017
LANDED..........
01-05-2017
flyboymtl said:
Hi all,

I have a question.

For Quebec candidates, have you been sending in copy of the CSQ to CIC after you received it from MIDI or has it been automatically forwarded to them by MIDI? My understanding of the letter I received together with my parents CSQ is that MIDI already notified our visa office (Vienna). What is your experience and have you been sending them CSQ copy regardless?

Best regards!
I sent a copy of CSQ to CIC although MIDI said that they have already done it to our LVO in Paris. You never know. Ecas In Process still showing "Medical results have been received".

Ksana

Jan 21, 2016
Luda345 said:
Same here, Ksana. SPb here. Sent medical exams/police certificates in the beginning of November and nothing since then.
Thanks, Luda. I guess there's not much to do for now but wait...the hardest part.

Ksana

Jan 21, 2016
Senior said:
hey guys,

QQ - so my parents received their medical requests along with police certificate and RPRF fees request.

They have also asked for sponsor's proof of permanent residency. Does that mean they need my PR copy again? I am confused because I had already submitted this with original application, so I just wanna confirm if that's indeed what they need, and not anything else (like income proof, etc).

here is the exact text: "Please have your sponsor provide updated proof of their current permanent residency in Canada"

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated!
Maybe they want to know whether you've become a citizen since applying? have you?

jesa

Star Member
Dec 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ksana said:
Maybe they want to know whether you've become a citizen since applying? have you?
Or maybe your PR card is about to expire, the want a renewed one....

flyboymtl

Dec 1, 2016
Noui said:
I sent a copy of CSQ to CIC although MIDI said that they have already done it to our LVO in Paris. You never know. Ecas In Process still showing "Medical results have been received".
Thanx for the answer. How did you send it? Scan and upload to mycic? If sowhere and how?

Regards

LCanada

Nov 29, 2016
What did you do differently to link your application this time? I'm trying for a long time and can't link the application as well.

LCanada

Nov 29, 2016
Dear all

The status of my application is "In Process" since June 15, 2016.

For some reason, I can't link the application. I created the key under my mom's name and I have been using her application number and last name (since I don't have her UCI).

I followed all the possible combinations and sent an email to CIC, but to response yet. Is there a specific status that my application needs to be in order for me to be able to link the application? Is it only after we get the email asking for the Police certificates and Medical exam?

I saw some people saying that the status os "background check in progress". Can you see this status if the application is not linked?

Thank you all!