+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

bender

Jun 16, 2016
I received passport request letters today. However, my parents visa is going to expire in 6 days. Would it be long enough to send my passports to Ottawa before their visa expires? They are going to take flight back to native country in 6 days, not sure if I should send their passports to Ottawa today.

Thanks for your advice.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
blueboy said:
Question: Is 'Medical Passed' different from 'Medical Received'? Or does it show 'Medical Received' first and then change to 'Medical Passed'?
They both mean same. Usually, MyCIC (Medical Passed) is updated sooner than E-Cas (Medical Received).

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
feelfreetoadviceme said:
Review of submitted documents: We need an additional document from the applicant is it common / normal or its only me who is seeing this messg. Plz tell me because i have already submitted PCC and RPRF and medical is already PASSED. I did not receive any mail from cic requesting any other documents.
You will see Review of submitted documents: We need an additional document from the applicant in MyCIC every time CIC will request for any doc (Medical, RPRF, PCC, PPR, any other forms/docs).

In my case, this line showed up first when my mom was asked for Medical, PCC, RPRF, IMM5669 & Death Cert. all together. Besides sending all of them via courier to LVO, I also uploaded them in MyCIC (which is perhaps not necessary). But as soon as you do that, that line changes to Review of submitted documents: Provided. Now, I don't think CIC changes it manually after they receive the hard copies.

Anyway, it changed back to Review of submitted documents: We need an additional document from the applicant when my mom received PPR and it stayed the same even after application was approved/closed. Hence, I think this line doesn't change with the actual receipt update of requested documents.

This was my mom's final update in MyCIC:

Application/profile status: Closed (7-Oct-2016)
Review of eligibility: Passed (7-Oct-2016)
Review of medical results: Passed (8-Sep-2016)
Review of submitted documents: We need an additional document from the applicant (First on 10-Aug-2016 for IME/PCC and then on 7-Oct-2016 for Passport/Photos)
Scheduling an interview:
A background check is needed: Complete ('In-progress' from 1-Sep-2016 and then 'Complete' on 7-Oct-2016)
Final decision: This application has been approved (7-Oct-2016)

FYI, passport was dispatched from CPC-O on 6-Oct-2016, visa issued on 29-Sep-2016, passport/CoPR received on 11-Oct-2016 and then my mom landed on 15-Oct-2016.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
bender said:
I received passport request letters today. However, my parents visa is going to expire in 6 days. Would it be long enough to send my passports to Ottawa before their visa expires? They are going to take flight back to native country in 6 days, not sure if I should send their passports to Ottawa today.

Thanks for your advice.
Congrats! However, you are in some situation.

Usually, Ottawa keeps the passport for 2 weeks. So, you're looking at 2-3 weeks in total including shipping time.

You mentioned that your parents' visa (Visitor or SV) are expiring in 6 days, are their Stay Permit expiring in same time as well? If 'yes' and you didn't apply to extend their stay, then I'm afraid they need to go back to their home country and submit passport there for PR Visa. But if their stay permit (normally, 6 months for TRV) will be valid for another month or so; they can submit the passports to CPC-O, cancel/postpone their trips back home and land here to become PR.

BTW, are you in the SS?

sapguru

Jul 16, 2010
Toronto
LANDED..........
16-08-2009
Rossei said:
You will see Review of submitted documents: We need an additional document from the applicant in MyCIC every time CIC will request for any doc (Medical, RPRF, PCC, PPR, any other forms/docs).

In my case, this line showed up first when my mom was asked for Medical, PCC, RPRF, IMM5669 & Death Cert. all together. Besides sending all of them via courier to LVO, I also uploaded them in MyCIC (which is perhaps not necessary). But as soon as you do that, that line changes to Review of submitted documents: Provided. Now, I don't think CIC changes it manually after they receive the hard copies.

Anyway, it changed back to Review of submitted documents: We need an additional document from the applicant when my mom received PPR and it stayed the same even after application was approved/closed. Hence, I think this line doesn't change with the actual receipt update of requested documents.

Review of submitted documents: We need an additional document from the applicant (First on 10-Aug-2016 for IME/PCC and then on 7-Oct-2016 for Passport/Photos)
Scheduling an interview:
A background check is needed: Complete ('In-progress' from 1-Sep-2016 and then 'Complete' on 7-Oct-2016)

FYI, passport was dispatched from CPC-O on 6-Oct-2016, visa issued on 29-Sep-2016, passport/CoPR received on 11-Oct-2016 and then my mom landed on 15-Oct-2016.
Does these stats mean the application status was changed to Closed (7-Oct) when they dispatched the passport (6-Oct)?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
sapguru said:
Does these stats mean the application status was changed to Closed (7-Oct) when they dispatched the passport (6-Oct)?
Seems like it. My mom received PPR via MyCIC on 12-Sep-2016, that didn't impact on "closed/approved" status as it happened almost a month after.

sapguru

Jul 16, 2010
Toronto
LANDED..........
16-08-2009
Rossei said:
Seems like it. My mom received PPR via MyCIC on 12-Sep-2016, that didn't impact on "closed/approved" status as it happened almost a month after.
Thanks. When did Canada Post tracking got activated?

sarat104

Star Member
Jan 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov, 2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
Feb, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
May be June, 2012
Med's Request
December 2, 2013
Med's Done....
April 1, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2014
LANDED..........
July 15, 2014
Thank you. My parents' medical status is changed to 'Passed' today

kilamans said:
i got the request for pcc, medicals, rprf on 19th october,
paid the rprf and sent the receipt around 25th oct,
medicals done on 31st oct, and uploaded from hospital on 3rd nov, 'medicals passed' status on 7th nov
however we are still waiting for my fathers pcc

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
sapguru said:
Thanks. When did Canada Post tracking got activated?
Well, I noticed it on 7-Oct morning on CanadaPost with the update that Ottawa dispatched the passport at 6:19 PM on 6-Oct. I didn't check CP tracker during the evening of 6-Oct, so don't know when it actually started tracking.

feelfreetoadviceme

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rossei said:

Scheduling an interview:

Thanx Rossei
but can you tell me one more thing?
I applied for my mom and dad. Under my Dad name there were 2 rows and in both the rows they were asking for police certificate whereas under my mom's name it was written "No documents needed". Why are they looking for two police certificate for my Dad? does it mean one for my dad and one for my mom but since my dad is the principle applicant, it came under his name only.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
feelfreetoadviceme said:
Thanx Rossei
but can you tell me one more thing?
I applied for my mom and dad. Under my Dad name there were 2 rows and in both the rows they were asking for police certificate whereas under my mom's name it was written "No documents needed". Why are they looking for two police certificate for my Dad? does it mean one for my dad and one for my mom but since my dad is the principle applicant, it came under his name only.
As far I know, everything is communicated thru PA's email/account.

If your dad/mom never lived for more than 6 months in any country other than their home country & Canada; then just provide PCC (home country) for both of them.

Furthermore, wasn't there any message/email for PCC request? Follow their instructions rather guessing stuff from MyCIC. MyCIC is only good for checking updates and receiving messages.