+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

bsz

Star Member
Aug 22, 2011
Are you sure this would cause any issue? Do you have any references? And then the income amount would be a bit higher (due to their original country pension) but the expense would be much higher.

_MK_ said:
Yes until they are no longer PR. You sign a contract saying you are taking care of them financially for 20 years and in any subsequent sponsorship application, you will have to list them as people dependant on you, so income amount you have to show will be have an impact.

This does not include spouse.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
SH Korea said:
I'm trying to pay RPRF now. It says $490 per adult, but when I try to pay online, it asks me to enter "number of applications ($490 per application). I believe that there's only one application. My father is a principal applicant and my mom is his dependant. Do I put "1" or "2" for the number of applications? I think it should be $980 total..

Also, I have just sent a copy of my parents' police certificates as requested. I didn't create a new email and I replied directly to the email I received and attached pdf copies to it as the letter says "Please reply directly to this email and put the application number in the title". Is this right? As soon as I sent it, I received an email to confirm the receipt of my email but it looks like it recognized my email as an inquiry. Did I send it right?

Could you please help me out?
RPRF is paid per person (adult). So, it would be $490x2=$980 for your mom and dad.

You could have included RPRF receipt along with PCC in reply to the email. You also have to send it to CPCO-Cost-Recovery@cic.gc.ca.

jesa

Star Member
Dec 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kh31017 said:
For Super VISA stay extension , I filled out the eligibility wizard and they asked me to submit proof of financial support . Since I am supporting my mother and she is already here , is there any letter of support that I need to send them OR just my pay stubs , letter of employment and one proof showing parents name should be okay ? Could someone give me full list of documents ? Thanks

Anyone?
In my case, to submit proof of financial support, i attached affidavit of support but the lawyer called it Income declaration, in support for this i attached letter of employment and NOA (past 3 years) (me & husband), is not mandatory that it has to be signed by the lawyer, its only my choice.

SH Korea

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
Rossei said:
RPRF is paid per person (adult). So, it would be $490x2=$980 for your mom and dad.

You could have included RPRF receipt along with PCC in reply to the email. You also have to send it to CPCO-Cost-Recovery@cic.gc.ca.
I was thinking about it then since they gave me a different email address for the receipt, I thought I'm supposed to send the receipt only to that email address... Do you think I can reply again to the email with the receipt?

ic162k

Star Member
May 17, 2014
Hi,

i also got this request 2 months ago, just ask your parent to send it through DHL or any other big courier and ask for "require signature at delivery",

they requested pics in July and so far no further instructions...

rizwanahmed said:
Hi All,

Today I got an email from London Visa Office and they asked me for permanent residence photographs. They haven't asked any medical or any other documents. In fact this is first contact from LVO after my case transferred. Is anyone had same kind of experience? and How i send these photographs to them ? via courier service??

Thanks

ztariq

Star Member
Oct 12, 2016
Hi rizwanahmed & ic162K,

This is regarding London Visa Office applicants, did both of you receive SA informing that file has been transferred to London Visa Office? If yes, you mind letting me know when did you receive SA.
I received SA on July 7th and till date no correspondence from London Visa office.
MyCIC under Applicant shows "Application Received" and ECAS has same status as well.

I would appreciate your reply.

ic162k said:
Hi,

i also got this request 2 months ago, just ask your parent to send it through DHL or any other big courier and ask for "require signature at delivery",

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
bsz said:
Are you sure this would cause any issue? Do you have any references? And then the income amount would be a bit higher (due to their original country pension) but the expense would be much higher.
I am not sure what you are asking. What expense are you talking about?

If you sponsor someone, you are responsible for them for as long as they are PR/Citizen or 20 years.
If you apply for sponsor someone else after doing the above, you have to indicate that in your Financial disclosure/evaluation form.

Income is yours not the person you are sponsoring. Their Income/Pension has no impact on the application since "YOU" are the sponsor.
You would need to show income to support your direct family (you, spouse, children) + parents/siblings (people you have sponsored through PGP/applied to sponsor) + anyone you want to sponsor now.

For Spouse, the financial evaluation is a little different. You can look up the form at the website.

ic162k

Star Member
May 17, 2014
ztariq said:
Hi rizwanahmed & ic162K,

This is regarding London Visa Office applicants, did both of you receive SA informing that file has been transferred to London Visa Office? If yes, you mind letting me know when did you receive SA.
I received SA on July 7th and till date no correspondence from London Visa office.
MyCIC under Applicant shows "Application Received" and ECAS has same status as well.

yeah i got SA email in July, it went to "in process" then went again to "Application Received".

no call for medical yet.

planningtogo

Aug 1, 2011
Bacolod, Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I just checked the status of my parents application and their medical is now stating 'PASSED' after we submitted the additional medical results for my father. Any idea what is the next step(s)?

Where is this application? Details
Application/profile status Open
Review of eligibility Review in Progress
Review of medical results Passed
Review of submitted documents
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
A background check is needed Not Started
Final decision Not Started

Thank you!!

Oct 12, 2016
Hi there,

Just sharing my experience so far with PGP sponsorship

-Mailed application January 4th 2016
-Mom was requested and did medicals in August. Also paid RPRF in August as was requested by IRCC
-Police cert was also requested with medicals. That was sent in Sept
-Received passport request on Oct 10, 2016

Mom is currently in Canada on Supervisa.

All the best.

planningtogo

Aug 1, 2011
Bacolod, Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Immprofessional said:
Hi there,

Just sharing my experience so far with PGP sponsorship

-Mailed application January 4th 2016
-Mom was requested and did medicals in August. Also paid RPRF in August as was requested by IRCC
-Police cert was also requested with medicals. That was sent in Sept
-Received passport request on Oct 10, 2016

Mom is currently in Canada on Supervisa.

All the best.
Congrats!! A good news indeed.

So, after her medical is all good, passport request is next?

Hoping the same will happen to my parents. :)

rizwanahmed

Aug 28, 2012
ic162k said:
yeah i got SA email in July, it went to "in process" then went again to "Application Received".

no call for medical yet.
ztariq said:
Hi rizwanahmed & ic162K,

Hi zTariq,

I got SA on July 15th and then ECAS status said 'Application Received". The interesting thing is on my status it written they send me some further instruction/document on July 25th , that is not true( i haven't get any correspondence. I emailed on Sept 9th and ask him to resend the instruction that you send me on July 25th. In response of this today i got an email and asked for photographs.

rizwanahmed

Aug 28, 2012
Hi,

ztariq said:
Hi rizwanahmed & ic162K,

Hi ic162K,

How many pictures we suppose to send to them? I havn't find any information regarding pictures

blueboy

Apr 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
planningtogo said:
Congrats!! A good news indeed.

So, after her medical is all good, passport request is next?

Hoping the same will happen to my parents. :)
So does this mean parents are getting faster PRs now? Earlier it used to be several years. But seems like they are requesting for documents way faster. Am I missing anything here?

avi_15

Jul 18, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with the App
AOR Received.
16-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
16-Dec-2010
Med's Request
25-July-2011 reached 02-Aug-2011
Med's Done....
30-Aug-2011 reached 8-Sep-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-Nov-2011 reached 7-Nov-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-Nov-2011 reached 25-Nov-2011
LANDED..........
03-Feb-2012
Just now received the Medical and PCC request for my parents . They need FBI and India clearance. Also they have requested to pay the RPRF fees ;D