+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

SH Korea

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
dadaum said:
I mentioned earlier that my mother got pr and her pr visa ends on May,2017 which is validity of passport.I Suppose they may be allowing upto validity of medical which is one year so one has sufficient time to migrate to Canada.
Thank you for your answer! :)

SH Korea

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
thinktriplets said:
Yes this is normal. Parents and Grand-Parents (sponsorship program) are subject to non-EDE IMM Type.

EDE = Excessive Demand Exempt

EDE

EDE clients are those who are exempted from assessment of excessive demand on the Canadian health care system.

However, EDE clients are assessed for:
•Danger to public health;
•Danger to public safety.

Non-EDE

Non-EDE clients are assessed for:
•Danger to public health;
•Danger to public safety;
•Excessive demand on the Canadian health care system. <---------------- PGP
I see. Thank you for the information. That's good to know! :)

SH Korea

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
Rossei said:
My mom stayed in Canada on SuperVisa for 3 months in 2012, 17 months in 2014-16 and has been staying for last 3 months of 2016. Singapore-VO never asked for any PCC from Canada. It specifically mentioned PCC (Bangladesh) in the email on 10-Aug-2016.

As far I know, LVO will mention in the correspondence if parents require PCC from Canada. Otherwise, you won't have to submit one.
Thank you so much, Rossei. Now I look at the request letter again, and it says "a scanned copy of an original police clearance certificate for South Korea" for both of my parents. That's a relief. Because the CIC website says "in general, you and all the people in your family who are 18 or older need to get a police certificate. You must get one from each country or territory where you have spent six or more months since the age of 18", I was quite confused. Thank you again for the clarification, Rossei! :)

One more quick question, the letter tells me to email a scanned copy of the criminal record and a payment receipt. I also see "Upload File" button on my CIC account. I should only email the documents and I shouldn't upload the documents again, right?

kh31017

Jan 12, 2016
For Super VISA stay extension , I filled out the eligibility wizard and they asked me to submit proof of financial support . Since I am supporting my mother and she is already here , is there any letter of support that I need to send them OR just my pay stubs , letter of employment and one proof showing parents name should be okay ? Could someone give me full list of documents ? Thanks

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
SH Korea said:
One more quick question, the letter tells me to email a scanned copy of the criminal record and a payment receipt. I also see "Upload File" button on my CIC account. I should only email the documents and I shouldn't upload the documents again, right?
Follow the instructions stated in the letter first.

As a safety net, you can upload the required docs in MyCIC account; but it's not necessary.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Has anyone who has still not received SA, did you cobtact cic call centre? If yes, what did they say?
Has anyone tried ATIP as well?
I called them today and they told me that they have just issued AOR only and can't access the application as it is too early.

I am glad that few people among us have luckily already received SA and applications are progressing further. You must be luckily chosen to process early. Please let me know what should i do?

badalpharm

Star Member
Dec 21, 2011
Thunder Bay, ON, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2013
Doc's Request.
no
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
25-11-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
29-04-2014
Med's Done....
13-05-2014
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
21-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2015
LANDED..........
11-02-2015
So looks like our ( My and my wife's) application is rejected. I am waiting for an official letter to come yet, but they have an email that they have started the process to refund money. On my e-cas status it shows that they sent a letter on Sect 29. I have ordered GCMS notes in past, and VO's note stated that we do not meet 2012 income requirements.

Now I had $40K income, which was non-taxable, so its not the NOA, but I have sent them a proof of that income in the form of T4A printed from CRA website and explanation letter.

Anyone knows if non-taxable income does count or not?

Should I appeal the decision or apply for 2017 quota, as it's only 2012 when I had this non-taxable income, after that all income is on NOA and is more than enough to meet the requirements.

Your suggestion/comments are much appreciated.

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
badalpharm said:
So looks like our ( My and my wife's) application is rejected. I am waiting for an official letter to come yet, but they have an email that they have started the process to refund money. On my e-cas status it shows that they sent a letter on Sect 29. I have ordered GCMS notes in past, and VO's note stated that we do not meet 2012 income requirements.

Now I had $40K income, which was non-taxable, so its not the NOA, but I have sent them a proof of that income in the form of T4A printed from CRA website and explanation letter.

Anyone knows if non-taxable income does count or not?

Should I appeal the decision or apply for 2017 quota, as it's only 2012 when I had this non-taxable income, after that all income is on NOA and is more than enough to meet the requirements.

Your suggestion/comments are much appreciated.
Just apply in 2017. Tick one of the question as yes. Explain my son or daughter fail to meet fincial cretria for a question has u been rejected for pr

SH Korea

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
Rossei said:
Follow the instructions stated in the letter first.

As a safety net, you can upload the required docs in MyCIC account; but it's not necessary.
Okay, I will do as the letter says.

I should send a receipt of RPRF to CPCO-Cost-Recovery@cic.gc.ca and reply directly to the CIC's Document Request email by attaching my parents' police certificates. If I understood it wrong, please correct me.

Thank you for all the answers, Rossei!

TinaA

Oct 11, 2016
I have a concern, appreciate if anybody could clear it up for me.
If I sponsor my parents and sister, and after they get their PR and landing in Canada, they may change their mind and will not stay here to get their citizenship and their PR get expired, does it affect me in any ways? (like not be able to sponsor anybody else in future!)

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
TinaA said:
I have a concern, appreciate if anybody could clear it up for me.
If I sponsor my parents and sister, and after they get their PR and landing in Canada, they may change their mind and will not stay here to get their citizenship and their PR get expired, does it affect me in any ways? (like not be able to sponsor anybody else in future!)
Yes until they are no longer PR. You sign a contract saying you are taking care of them financially for 20 years and in any subsequent sponsorship application, you will have to list them as people dependant on you, so income amount you have to show will be have an impact.

This does not include spouse.

rizwanahmed

Aug 28, 2012
Hi All,

Today I got an email from London Visa Office and they asked me for permanent residence photographs. They haven't asked any medical or any other documents. In fact this is first contact from LVO after my case transferred. Is anyone had same kind of experience? and How i send these photographs to them ? via courier service??

Thanks

kh31017

Jan 12, 2016
For Super VISA stay extension , I filled out the eligibility wizard and they asked me to submit proof of financial support . Since I am supporting my mother and she is already here , is there any letter of support that I need to send them OR just my pay stubs , letter of employment and one proof showing parents name should be okay ? Could someone give me full list of documents ? Thanks

Anyone?

SH Korea

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
I'm trying to pay RPRF now. It says $490 per adult, but when I try to pay online, it asks me to enter "number of applications ($490 per application). I believe that there's only one application. My father is a principal applicant and my mom is his dependant. Do I put "1" or "2" for the number of applications? I think it should be $980 total..

Also, I have just sent a copy of my parents' police certificates as requested. I didn't create a new email and I replied directly to the email I received and attached pdf copies to it as the letter says "Please reply directly to this email and put the application number in the title". Is this right? As soon as I sent it, I received an email to confirm the receipt of my email but it looks like it recognized my email as an inquiry. Did I send it right?

Could you please help me out?