13 Dec 2013
Passport Req..
17 Jan 2014
VISA ISSUED...
30 Jan 2014
LANDED..........
02 Feb 2014
kaka555 said:
have just seen my applcaton "n progress" but the date below s 25 of July 2016 even watchng every day
When did you get your SA? Do you have an entry in Rossei's Excel? If yes, what's your id there?...as I could no find an entry with "kaka555".

kaka555

Star Member
Mar 24, 2016
dchoudh said:
When did you get your SA? Do you have an entry in Rossei's Excel? If yes, what's your id there?...as I could no find an entry with "kaka555".
yes under #47 kds first file gone to india then to ottawa

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
vnexpress said:
Hi Rossei: By looking at some passport request template letters from visa offices, it appears they all do allow people who reside in Canada, or intend to be in Canada for at least 3 months, at the time of PPR, to send the original passport to CPC-Ottawa for visa stamping. Ottawa takes approximately 2 weeks to complete the visa stamping and return. So it really doesn't make a big difference if applicant decides to stay at home country or go visit Canada in the meantime.

You do not need to advise LVO of mailing address change when you come to Canada. Since the PA is coming to Canada as visitor she can send her passport to CPC-Ottawa when the LVO (Bogota) calls her for the final step.
You're right that time-wise, it may not make much difference. But his PPR isn't regular as Bogota asked for Medical along with it. So, his mom's medical has to clear first and then he can submit the PP to Ottawa. Then, there is the hassle of "landing" within Canada. If you don't have US visa, you either have to flag-pole (I'm literally scared of it from past experience) or make a CIC appointment which can take months. You also can save the SuperVisa medical insurance cost completely.

random hero

Star Member
Jul 6, 2016
Rossei said:
You're right that time-wise, it may not make much difference. But his PPR isn't regular as Bogota asked for Medical along with it. So, his mom's medical has to clear first and then he can submit the PP to Ottawa. Then, there is the hassle of "landing" within Canada. If you don't have US visa, you either have to flag-pole (I'm literally scared of it from past experience) or make a CIC appointment which can take months. You also can save the SuperVisa medical insurance cost completely.
not sure what you mean by flag-pole neither which province are you in but even without US visa, the person can drive to the border, make a U-Turn and come back ! a friend of mine did this before for himself. im in Quebec.

ciantiik

Jan 6, 2016
I have tried to link my application about 20 times now (over the course of a few days) and it's still not working. I've read tips here. I received sponsorship approval on June 30th, so I would've thought it would be able to link by now...?

Any advice?

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
random hero said:
not sure what you mean by flag-pole neither which province are you in but even without US visa, the person can drive to the border, make a U-Turn and come back ! a friend of mine did this before for himself. im in Quebec.
Not all POEs offers flagpole option and you might get a cranky officer to help with your landing process since POE officers are staffed by CBSA and their number 1 priority is border security, not immigration. Most of POEs in Ontario shouldn't have flagpole problem and landing won't hurt your records with the USA because they will reject your entry as "administrative refusal" that could be recorded as missing entry fee of $5 USD or something like that - be prepared if you apply for US Visa you might get asked. They are well aware and familiar with the process. I agree with Rossei that for those with immigrant visa required, the most proper channel to land is through Inland IRCC offices or as they arrive in international airports with immigration counters.

harnit2010

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Friends,
I applied for my Dad's PR this year. My status still says "Application Received". They asked for few more papers in July that we sent to them in few days.

Should I be concerned?

Harnit

Aladdin84

Aug 11, 2016
Rossei said:
That's what I wanted to say. Although it may be all fine if she comes here, do medical, send it to Bogota and asks their permission to submit passport to Ottawa. It can all work out. But since your case is moving so smooth and Bogota seems to give PR Visa within weeks; it's better to lose some $$$ and process it within Bogota's scope. Besides, it would be unwise to send passport overseas when you're a visitor here.
Actually I disagree with the advise. I would not cancel your mothers trip at all. Rather I would recommend for her to come here on a super visa as scheduled along with all her documents. then she soon as she lands i would immediately send a letter as well as call the Canadian hot line and inform them of the address change. Who cares if it takes a month or so longer when you get to have your mother with you much sooner (there is no warrantee how long she will wait after the medicals).

Once the address change is done, they will inform you to do the medicals in Canada and send it to either Ottawa or Mississauga. After that the passport request to an office in Canada and then you can do the border crossing with a road trip to the US. And all while your mother being at your side cooking you some nice home made food!.

MissFrowz

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
Visa Office......
Vancouver
tucosword said:
Congrats.. I wish my parents visa was being sponsored by Pretoria seeing as they live in Joburg. And not New Delhi.
Anyway, I want to ask, when you say you got the PR ... How exactly was this communicated to you? Email or an actual letter saying to go to the embassy/consulate?
Hi there! I hope you hear from New Delhi soon! My mum received an email saying "Your file appears ready to be finalised. Please see the revised attached document for information regarding the issuance of your visa(s)". The attachment included information for where to send the passports, instructions for the photos, and a form to complete with the details of each accompanying family member.

harnit2010

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MissFrowz said:
Hi there! I hope you hear from New Delhi soon! My mum received an email saying "Your file appears ready to be finalised. Please see the revised attached document for information regarding the issuance of your visa(s)". The attachment included information for where to send the passports, instructions for the photos, and a form to complete with the details of each accompanying family member.
This is great news. Congrats!

Harnit

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Aladdin84 said:
Actually I disagree with the advise. I would not cancel your mothers trip at all. Rather I would recommend for her to come here on a super visa as scheduled along with all her documents. then she soon as she lands i would immediately send a letter as well as call the Canadian hot line and inform them of the address change. Who cares if it takes a month or so longer when you get to have your mother with you much sooner (there is no warrantee how long she will wait after the medicals).

Once the address change is done, they will inform you to do the medicals in Canada and send it to either Ottawa or Mississauga. After that the passport request to an office in Canada and then you can do the border crossing with a road trip to the US. And all while your mother being at your side cooking you some nice home made food!.
I recommended based on recent Bogota LVO activity. Few things to note here:

1) There are only 2 cases out of total 320 LVO transfers of 2014 - 16 applicants. Statistically, this LVO doesn't seem that busy.
2) Both applicants of these 2 cases received Medical and PPR in same email (different from other LVO). If he had only medical request, I would have suggested otherwise.
3) The other applicant from 2015 batch received the email on 25-Jul, medical report received by Bogota on 8-Aug and then PR Visa stamped on 22-Aug. So, it was 3.5 weeks in total subject to how quick you do your medical.
4) In this case, I assume that his mom did the medical for Super Visa very recently. So, he can re-use this medical for immigration. The whole processing can take 2 - 4 weeks.
5) Lastly, to me, the most convenient way to land is by air. No need to make U-Turn on highway, flag-pole, cross border (not everyone lives near the border and not everyone has US visa) or make appointment with CIC (which takes months).
6) Additionally, the ticket cancellation cost can be recovered by suspending the SV medical insurance :D

Again, no one can absolutely guarantee that it will be processed within a month by Bogota. Same way, you never know when Ottawa slows down even for visa stamping.

nav1982

Jul 24, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
Aug 2016
Med's Done....
Sept 2016
Hello, need your help . My parents get medical request today within 30 dAys but they are here in Canada . can we do mediCal from here or from India .
Just want to know what are the main reasons for the medical refusal because my father is diabetic and have some kidney issues .
One more thing they never request police clearance either from Canada or India . Could someone please tell after medical how many days they request police clearence or is it possible they don't request this .
Please let me know as we only have 30 days .

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
nav1982 said:
Hello, need your help . My parents get medical request today within 30 dAys but they are here in Canada . can we do mediCal from here or from India. Just want to know what are the main reasons for the medical refusal because my father is diabetic and have some kidney issues.
They can do medical anywhere in the world including Canada as long as they go to a CIC panel physician.
I don't know on what medical ground CIC refuses PR application, but they cautiously look for any condition that would cause excessive demand on Canadian health care system. Kidney damage/renal failure is one of them as it may need dialysis. For a patient with diabetes/HBP, the doctor would ask to do an additional test called Creatinine test. If the test result is good (around 1 mg/dL), then it won't have any problem. But if it falls out of normal range, CIC may ask for some more additional tests to be done.

One more thing they never request police clearance either from Canada or India. Could someone please tell after medical how many days they request police clearance or is it possible they don't request this.
Please let me know as we only have 30 days.
Normally, PCC and Medical are requested around same time if not in same correspondence. Since PCC is valid for 6 months, you should apply the one from India. It's highly unlikely that CIC won't ask for PCC.

makbar24

Jan 26, 2009
dchoudh said:
Yes, its shows the same for me too...
where did you check this status. for me at CIC application status, it only saying "Application received". I am in same board. Did not receive SA yet . Please let me know where to get this info? Thank you .....