+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

Tina16

Jul 20, 2016
myYahoo said:
Anyone has idea about where to submit documents like schedule/ travel history in New Delhi office?
I too have to send some docs to New Delhi for my mom but am not sure where to send it.

grange

Jul 19, 2016
I am looking at the spreadsheet and seems like CPC-Ottawa has the most cases but none being processed. Is this the slowest office for processing? I am worried as my application was transferred to CPC-Ottawa in June.

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
grange said:
I am looking at the spreadsheet and seems like CPC-Ottawa has the most cases but none being processed. Is this the slowest office for processing? I am worried as my application was transferred to CPC-Ottawa in June.
One thing I know about Ottawa is that once they start processing, they are going to process all in one go.

irinako

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
grange said:
Ottawa Office is processing 2014 and 2015 applications now though.... You can see the 3-year statistics on the 2015 spreadsheet.
So I hope soon there will be our turn as well.

mrwestjet

Jul 22, 2016
irinako said:
Ottawa Office is processing 2014 and 2015 applications now though.... You can see the 3-year statistics on the 2015 spreadsheet.
So I hope soon there will be our turn as well.
Most 2014 and 2015 files are not progressing at other LVOs as well so no panic. Ottawa will be the best one.

mrwestjet

Jul 22, 2016
dbss said:
Sorry I cannot look too much into the details right now, but I am positive it is $980 for two parents.

Following is the excerpt from CIC I could find:

Principal applicants (with some exceptions) and spouses and common-law partners coming with them to Canada must pay this fee. Applicants must pay this fee before CIC issues the permanent resident visa or before the applicant becomes a permanent resident in Canada.

These people do not have to pay this fee:

dependent children of a principal applicant or sponsor, a child to be adopted, or an orphaned brother, sister, niece, nephew or grandchild; and
protected persons, including Convention refugees.
Not sure how they plan to issue visas to PGP when they ask people for medical too early in the PR process and it does has expiry

mrwestjet

Jul 22, 2016
I applied in 2014. MP assistant just gave me this contact for Singapore Visa Office to get status updates on Parent cases being processed by Singapore. Haven't written to them yet. Has anyone here tried to ?
She said IRCC told her all PGP files up to 2016 have already been distributed to LVOs, so we should contact visa offices and not CPC-M.

Thomas Richter
Counsellor | Conseiller
Deputy Program Manager | Chef adjoint du programme
High Commission of Canada - Singapore | Haut commissariat du Canada - Singapour
One George Street #11-01
Singapore 049145
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada
Telephone | Téléphone +65 6854 5803
Facsimile | Télécopieur +65 6854 5932
Tom.Richter@international.gc.ca

Tina16

Jul 20, 2016
tucosword said:
Hey Tina16/dbss
Any update on where to send these documents requested by the New Delhi office?
I sent them an email, still no reply.
Hi Tucasword
No idea yet. I too sent NDVO an email but no reply from them yet. I am still waiting for the medical instructions too. I just went today and applied for the Indian pcc.

irinako

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
Does anybody know of the cases when a sponsored parent has health issues related to a stroke suffered years ago before the sponsorship application was made?
Can such condition (e.g., one arm is not fully functioning, and speech is affected, though a person is not in a wheel-chair or anything like that...) make them fail medical exam?

Thank you for any helpful info or links!

poison

Mar 10, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
April 2010
LANDED..........
July 2010
irinako said:
Does anybody know of the cases when a sponsored parent has health issues related to a stroke suffered years ago before the sponsorship application was made?
Can such condition (e.g., one arm is not fully functioning, and speech is affected, though a person is not in a wheel-chair or anything like that...) make them fail medical exam?

Thank you for any helpful info or links!
It goes on case by case basis. I know a friend who applied for sponsoring parents. Everything went well till Medical, as it was "not identified" but "disclosed" by applicant that she has a problem with heart enlarging. I do not know the exact medical terminology for it, but the case went all the way from 2008 to till date; PR is not yet given.

dchoudh

Oct 9, 2015
Thornhill, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Mar 2013
AOR Received.
19 Apr 2013
IELTS Request
25 Aug 2012
File Transfer...
19 Apr 2013
Med's Request
08 Dec 2013
Med's Done....
13 Dec 2013
Passport Req..
17 Jan 2014
VISA ISSUED...
30 Jan 2014
LANDED..........
02 Feb 2014
dchoudh said:
I am with you...keep checking my email and mail. :mad:
Just spoke to a CIC agent...after multiple times...this guy agreed to check on my app status...he told me my app is still pending SA review... :( :mad:

Maggie2016

May 10, 2016
Hello,

My sponsorship application was received on Jan 5th 2016. I received the confirmation letter from CIC however have not received sponsorship approval letter. My parents are coming to Canada in September 2016 and will stay here for 1 year. From what i read from this forum so far i understand that the next step after sponsorship approval will be medical exam for my parents.

My questions are
1) can my parents do medical exam here in Canada? i believe the answer is YES
2) are they also required to provide criminal record? if so, do they need to go back to China for the criminal record?
3) what other information my parents need to provide? documents they need to provide? so they can bring the necessary documents to Canada with them?

appreciate your help!

dchoudh

Oct 9, 2015
Thornhill, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Mar 2013
AOR Received.
19 Apr 2013
IELTS Request
25 Aug 2012
File Transfer...
19 Apr 2013
Med's Request
08 Dec 2013
Med's Done....
13 Dec 2013
Passport Req..
17 Jan 2014
VISA ISSUED...
30 Jan 2014
LANDED..........
02 Feb 2014
Maggie2016 said:
Hello,

My sponsorship application was received on Jan 5th 2016. I received the confirmation letter from CIC however have not received sponsorship approval letter. My parents are coming to Canada in September 2016 and will stay here for 1 year. From what i read from this forum so far i understand that the next step after sponsorship approval will be medical exam for my parents.

My questions are
1) can my parents do medical exam here in Canada? i believe the answer is YES <-- Yes
2) are they also required to provide criminal record? if so, do they need to go back to China for the criminal record? <-- I think they can apply at Chinese Embassy at Canada...when they are here...
3) what other information my parents need to provide? documents they need to provide? so they can bring the necessary documents to Canada with them? <-- all depends on what LVO requests...each LVO request for different docs...after reviewing...check Rossei's spreadsheet for the details...

appreciate your help!