+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

tucosword

Star Member
Apr 28, 2016
mrwestjet said:
Not sure how they plan to issue visas to PGP when they ask people for medical too early in the PR process and it does has expiry
Have you ever considered that perhaps, just perhaps that it isn't too early in the process... we do have a new government. and hence a new immigration ministry.
They were able to process the applications of 25000 Syrian refugees.

And anyway, even if it is too early, it is not our prerogative to object but rather to comply with the request.

Maggie2016

May 10, 2016
[]

[/quote Hello,

My sponsorship application was received on Jan 5th 2016. I received the confirmation letter from CIC however have not received sponsorship approval letter. My parents are coming to Canada in September 2016 and will stay here for 1 year. From what i read from this forum so far i understand that the next step after sponsorship approval will be medical exam for my parents.

My questions are
1) can my parents do medical exam here in Canada? i believe the answer is YES <-- Yes
2) are they also required to provide criminal record? if so, do they need to go back to China for the criminal record? <-- I think they can apply at Chinese Embassy at Canada...when they are here...
3) what other information my parents need to provide? documents they need to provide? so they can bring the necessary documents to Canada with them? <-- all depends on what LVO requests...each LVO request for different docs...after reviewing...check Rossei's spreadsheet for the details...

appreciate your help!]

i called the Chinese embassy and they can't provide police certificate from China, they don't have access to criminal record in China.

can someone else share their experience with getting police certificate from their country, if their parents are already in Canada?

Maggie2016

May 10, 2016
Maggie2016 said:
[]

[/quote Hello,

My sponsorship application was received on Jan 5th 2016. I received the confirmation letter from CIC however have not received sponsorship approval letter. My parents are coming to Canada in September 2016 and will stay here for 1 year. From what i read from this forum so far i understand that the next step after sponsorship approval will be medical exam for my parents.

My questions are
1) can my parents do medical exam here in Canada? i believe the answer is YES <-- Yes
2) are they also required to provide criminal record? if so, do they need to go back to China for the criminal record? <-- I think they can apply at Chinese Embassy at Canada...when they are here...
3) what other information my parents need to provide? documents they need to provide? so they can bring the necessary documents to Canada with them? <-- all depends on what LVO requests...each LVO request for different docs...after reviewing...check Rossei's spreadsheet for the details...

appreciate your help!]
i called the Chinese embassy and they can't provide police certificate from China, they don't have access to criminal record in China.

can someone else share their experience with getting police certificate from their country, if their parents are already in Canada?

bsz

Star Member
Aug 22, 2011
mrwestjet said:
You guys might think “better is enough”. Allow me to remind you that over a year ago, federal courts has ruled that the immigration department has clearly discriminated against parents and grandparents thanks to the formal lawsuit by just one professor. The court’s ruling has benefited thousand people including all of us today because of one man’s job with a different way of seeing things and had the gut to bring it forward at his own cost. Now that the November 4, 2011 timeline has been there for years, how should we cope with it? Why is it not necessary or even dangerous to remind this new government of their duty? I say it “duty” because they came up with the plan, with the numbers, with the promises themselves and so it is their duty to do due diligence to deliver that. We are aware that Minister McCallum himself is an economist, NOT an immigration expert, sometimes things he says on media are not quite accurate in immigration context. His Chief of Staff, Mathieu Belanger is an urban planning expert, in other words, a real estate agent. Yes everyone at Minister’s Office needed time to fit in and to understand the problems. But better yet the Liberals could have placed the senior immigration experts from within their own operations, or hire immigration lawyers to do the jobs for quicker and more focused results. Nobody can tell how long the training will take them to be able to make meaningful changes in this system.
Whatever you do, you need to be fair otherwise you will provide space for a..holes like Mr. Harper and Mr. Kenney to come back and lose 'the better' not for the 'best' but for the 'worst'.

And by the way, what the 'best' is here? Is the best "They give our parents full citizenship as soon as we like it"?

world

Star Member
Feb 26, 2011
hi,
My parents were here in Canada from jan 2014 to Dec 2014 now that the Newdelhi visa office has asked them for there police clearance from Canada during there stay in canada for there PR APPLICATION.

how do i get a police clearance from canada where as my parents are in india

Thanks.

Anon2016

Star Member
May 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
Waiting
Maggie2016 said:

Hi Maggie,

I'm in the same situation here too. Not all countries operate the same way.
For China, the PCC is issued from within the country either to your parents or a family member that has the been provided an authorization letter (by your parents) along with the other required documents. Would suggest since they are not yet here, to get a PCC anyway before they come here in Sept. Hope this helps.

Maggie2016

May 10, 2016
Anon2016 said:
Hi Maggie,

I'm in the same situation here too. Not all countries operate the same way.
For China, the PCC is issued from within the country either to your parents or a family member that has the been provided an authorization letter (by your parents) along with the other required documents. Would suggest since they are not yet here, to get a PCC anyway before they come here in Sept. Hope this helps.
yeah, that's what i would do. Since we don't know when we will be asked to provide police certificate. I will ask my parents to get a PC before they leave China. if it is expired by the time they receive the formal PC request. They will have to authorize a relative in China to obtain a new one for them.
Thank you very much!

dadaum

Dec 16, 2012
INDIA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
13-02-2017
Med's Done....
17-02-2017,18-05-2017
Glad to know that TimeLine sheet is updated.Rossie is back and now we can have comparative study of our status and we can judge probability of our progress.Thank you Rossie.

irinako

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
I might have missed something, but the spreadsheet shows 1 medical request from Ottawa, with the type "upfront".
What does it mean? The medicals were done without the official request from the VO, or there was an actual request and Ottawa is processing 2016 batch already?

tranSASK

Star Member
Mar 10, 2016
Saur said:
Hello all,

Congrats to those who are receiving the Sponsorship Approvals and other updates.

I got the SA on June 29th via regular mail (not sure the reason of receiving via snail mail instead of email). The letter was dated June 13th indicating that file has been transferred to NDVO but I never heard anything since then. Anyone in the similar boat?

Good luck everyone!

Saur
Hello , I am in same boat like you , SA on june 13th and file is transferred to NDVO . no change in status yet , still application received, buut have seen on the spreadsheet some of thee june 29th approvals got pcc/medical request already !!!

toronto_dun

Star Member
Nov 23, 2013
I've also received sponsorship approval via email. Case sent to Ottawa. When I notified my parents about the good news, they brought this up - on this page item 19 states that if they are in Canada, they should be able to get a work permit before getting immigration visa: http://www.canadavisa.com/canadian-immigration-faq-family-sponsorship.html

It's the first time I'm hearing about something like this. Does anyone know if that's accurate and what the process for that would be?

MissFrowz

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
Visa Office......
Vancouver
toronto_dun said:
I've also received sponsorship approval via email. Case sent to Ottawa. When I notified my parents about the good news, they brought this up - on this page item 19 states that if they are in Canada, they should be able to get a work permit before getting immigration visa: http://www.canadavisa.com/canadian-immigration-faq-family-sponsorship.html

It's the first time I'm hearing about something like this. Does anyone know if that's accurate and what the process for that would be?
That's for inland spouse sponsorship applications only. PGP applications don't receive approval in principle.

Roya-FSW

Aug 7, 2013
Hi guys,

I am still waiting for the SA :-(
I have called the CIC call centre more than 10 times and every time the agent says that its too early and they do not have access to the applications submitted after 2011!! I don't know why they lie??
Anyone who has been able to get application status through call center, what did you ask for that they agreed to check it for you?
Thanks

dchoudh

Oct 9, 2015
Thornhill, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Mar 2013
AOR Received.
19 Apr 2013
IELTS Request
25 Aug 2012
File Transfer...
19 Apr 2013
Med's Request
08 Dec 2013
Med's Done....
13 Dec 2013
Passport Req..
17 Jan 2014
VISA ISSUED...
30 Jan 2014
LANDED..........
02 Feb 2014
Roya-FSW said:
Hi guys,

I am still waiting for the SA :-(
I have called the CIC call centre more than 10 times and every time the agent says that its too early and they do not have access to the applications submitted after 2011!! I don't know why they lie??
Anyone who has been able to get application status through call center, what did you ask for that they agreed to check it for you?
Thanks
It all depends on the agent with whom you talk to...couple of times in the beginning...agents were kind enough to look at my file and let me know...then 3-4 times in past few weeks...the agents whom I spoke to did not entertain me and asked me to wait...again yesterday...when i called to check on my app status...the agent agreed to look at my file...so it all depends on whom you talk to...

I request them to check my app status saying others are mostly getting their SA...and for me even though there was email id...i still received AOR via email...hence ask them to check if SA was sent via mail...and if it got misplaced or something...

Roya-FSW

Aug 7, 2013
dchoudh said:
It all depends on the agent with whom you talk to...couple of times in the beginning...agents were kind enough to look at my file and let me know...then 3-4 times in past few weeks...the agents whom I spoke to did not entertain me and asked me to wait...again yesterday...when i called to check on my app status...the agent agreed to look at my file...so it all depends on whom you talk to...

I request them to check my app status saying others are mostly getting their SA...and for me even though there was email id...i still received AOR via email...hence ask them to check if SA was sent via mail...and if it got misplaced or something...
Thanks very much!