Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
tucosword said:
Hello everyone,
I applied in Jan 2016 for parental sponsorship.
In June, I got a request letter for the Option C, got that to the CIC, now I have a letter saying that I have met the eligibility to sponsor and so the application is being forwarded to New Delhi.
My parents are Indian citizens but living in South Africa.
Is this normal? I'd have thought it would go to South Africa as they are residents there. I guess it must be because they are Indian citizens.
The second question I have is, my parents have their supervisa also. They intend to come here in October(we expecting a kid!), and probably stay here for maybe up to the 2 years, then travel to US or South Africa... Should I contact the CIC to let them know about them staying here for that time or do we leave the application in New Delhi as is?
Thanks guys and stay firm....
We are all on this forum for some reassurances... It will all work out!
Peace
There is nothing to worry about and you dont need to change anything. If you wish, you can login and update the addresses if there is no one to check the mail on the other address.

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
JL2015 said:
Hi everyone could you please help me with the following two requests from Hong Kong visa office ?

We need to provided police check in Canada because parents stayed over 6 months as per the instructions on CIC website we need to prepare fingerprints, a complete application form from RCMP website, name sex address reason for application etc. However I couldn't find any application form on RCMP website. Am I missing anything ?

Another thing is we needed to provid updated schedule A personal history for my parents from age 18 to date ( not the recent 10 years) however there is not enough space for everything ? Should I just attach a blank paper with the additional information to schedule A?

We need to submit everything to Hong Kong within 30 days so it's pretty urgent! Your help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you ! JL
Just make a table in Microsoft word, fill it up with the required info, print it and send it off along with official Schedule A. On the last line of the table in Schedule A, indicate you have attached a page at the end.
For RCMP, why dont you just give them a call and ask?

Shravzs

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2016
Doc's Request.
06-07-2016
AOR Received.
25-07-2016
File Transfer...
03-02-2017
Got my Option C for 2012 from CRA today morning, i scanned all my other years into a PDF and submitted them online. Now would have to wait and see what happens.

theprof

Mar 17, 2016
Thank you all for sharing information about your specific cases.
I just received my sponsorship approval and my parent case was transferred to Ottawa.
To provide more info for those wondering.
My app was received on Jan 4th 9:43 (supposedly) Purolator
CC charged on : March 16th.
AOR Received: May 16th
Sponsorship Approval : June 11th (transferred to LVO: Ottawa). Both parents are living in india, but have visitor visa.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For those who wish to obtain more info from the agent (1-888-242-2100: Codes: 2-1-3-0).
This worked for me; request the agent for your application # and ask them politely if there is any communication on your file that you should have received. The first lady I called didn't even bother to check, but the second and third person were kind enough to check.
For those that are wondering: my file was opened on June 30th, was approved on July 8th and I received the email on July 11th.

dadaum

Dec 16, 2012
INDIA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
13-02-2017
Med's Done....
17-02-2017,18-05-2017
theprof said:
Thank you all for sharing information about your specific cases.
I just received my sponsorship approval and my parent case was transferred to Ottawa.
To provide more info for those wondering.
My app was received on Jan 4th 9:43 (supposedly) Purolator
CC charged on : March 16th.
AOR Received: May 16th
Sponsorship Approval : June 11th (transferred to LVO: Ottawa). Both parents are living in india, but have visitor visa.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For those who wish to obtain more info from the agent (1-888-242-2100: Codes: 2-1-3-0).
This worked for me; request the agent for your application # and ask them politely if there is any communication on your file that you should have received. The first lady I called didn't even bother to check, but the second and third person were kind enough to check.
For those that are wondering: my file was opened on June 30th, was approved on July 8th and I received the email on July 11th.
Thank you for your kind information.I wish to share my information.When I was in Canada I contacted the call centre agent and I was replied that I have a good news for you and then said your file is under review and then said you will receive response in a short time.I am waiting since seven to eight days for my SA approval.

GIAWM

Star Member
Nov 12, 2009
Hi,
I need some help here. I logged into the application status page and it says Permanent Resident application "In Process" - clicking the link displays "We started processing *** application on May 23, 2016".

I haven't received any communication (mail / email) from CIC other than the initial letter with the file number.

Does this mean the file is transferred to a LVO? How will I know which LVO? Not sure if I missed any email.

Should I contact CIC ? I just do not want to miss the dates for submitting medicals, in case they asked for it.

Please advise.

Thanks
GIAWM

Mesohilo

Jan 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
01-02-2016
File Transfer...
29-06-2016
Great news!

Got a letter from CIC on the mail today stating the approval of sponsorship and confirming the file was sent to Sao Paulo, Brazil for PR.

One step closer! Good look to all of you still waiting! It's coming!

Mesohilo said:
My in-laws' PR application status just changed to "In Process" on e-cas.

I was asked for my wife's 2012 Option-C a while ago. The doc was provided and I got confirmation that the doc was received but no word about Sponsorship approval or file forwarded to a LVO. But, considering that this are somehow sequential steps, I assume it is just a matter of time until I hear back confirming my approval as sponsor.

It is just weird to see App for sponsor as rcv'd (as if hasn't been touched) yet have the sponsorship in process.

Guess it is good news anyways.

sdhull

Nov 16, 2011
Thanks for sharing your experiences.
I have applied for my mom in category FC4.

Application Received: Jan 4,2016(2:45 pm) by UPS
Credit Card Charged:March 21st
AOR Received: May 16th by Email
CIC Account Activated: May 16th
Sponsor Eligibility: July 8th by Email
File Transferred : Ottawa

She lives in India. Its strange why they transfer her file to Ottawa.

mhievalencia

May 12, 2014
After the medical request last saturday, i received another email from manila to submit birth certificate, imm008, pcc and permanent resident fee.

Also medical from tourist qas still valid so no longer need to go for medical.

tucosword

Star Member
Apr 28, 2016
_MK_ said:
There is nothing to worry about and you dont need to change anything. If you wish, you can login and update the addresses if there is no one to check the mail on the other address.
Thanks MK. Cheers!

random hero

Star Member
Jul 6, 2016
Hi,

is anyone here from Quebec ? i received sponsorship approval last month and based on what i see in the timeline it seems medical requests arrives a week or two max after that but in my case i didnt hear anything back ! the file got transferred to Beirut so probably LVO is waiting for provincial approval ? because anyone who lives in quebec and go through that process, he/she need to submit an undertaking application to the quebec government as soon as cic approved the sponsored app and the quebec government will issue a notice to LVO and to the sponsor with the result of their undertaking !

everything is special and more demanding in quebec !

Thank you

PearDormouse

Jun 1, 2016
I'm from Quebec and I received sponsorship approval on May 16th. I haven't yet received Medical Exam or Police Certificates request. My file was transferred to Ottawa.

johanna19782002

Star Member
Jul 27, 2010
Calgary,AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2015
Hello all,

I have a question, I have received today a new request of documents from CIC. It is about the Divorce certificate of my parents and I have the deadline of August 12th of 2016 to send it. Does anyone know if this new document should be translated to either English or French?

Thanks so much!

Johanna

PGP_from_RH

Feb 2, 2016
Hi guys,

Is there a way to upload additional documents? CPC is asking for additional information and the letter says I can either mail or for faster service use a link. I follow the link and can't find an option where I could attach documents.

The challenge is - the originals are overseas and it will take a while to get those here.

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
johanna19782002 said:
Hello all,

I have a question, I have received today a new request of documents from CIC. It is about the Divorce certificate of my parents and I have the deadline of August 12th of 2016 to send it. Does anyone know if this new document should be translated to either English or French?

Thanks so much!

Johanna
If not in French or English, then YES.