+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

Felixo

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
Same is my case, Naveen. My mom is Canada since a year and the address is Canadian but file has gone to ND.
They want us to send the entire package to New Delhi.

Delhi is faster as they don't have too much of backlog. I am okay with the processing in Delhi as Ottawa has a lot of files piled up and it might cause delay too. After Medicals next is PPR request. So if everything is fine, I feel next is the passport request, depends on how fast they process it.

naveen73 said:
Hi,

Received Medical examination Instructions today from New Delhi but my mom lives in Canada, So my question is do I send medicals to New Delhi or request for transfer of file to Ottawa. Also can anyone let me know at what stage do they request for Medical examination.

In ecas both current home address and mailing address are shown as Canadian address still my application was transferred to ND.

Thanks

eurmione

Jun 12, 2013
manitoba
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
end of Feb 2013 for CSQ and April 9, 2013 for Federal
Nomination.....
CSQ received on March 13, 2013
AOR Received.
June 5, 2013
IELTS Request
wave
Med's Request
june 12, 2013
Med's Done....
june 14, 2013. Med received on ECAS: August 19, 2013
Interview........
RPRF on Sept 3, 2013. ECAS status change to in process on Sept 3, 2013
Passport Req..
Nov 18, 2013, Decision Made Nov 19, 2013 sent PP same day
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 1, 2013
LANDED..........
Dec 17, 2013 (same day of PP return)
Have anyone recieve 2nd AOR yet? (The one for parents, not sponsorship one)
I just recieved an AOR for my mom but never receive one for me. Wondering if anyone is the same.

naveen73

Mar 10, 2012
I received just medical examination request which I am doing in Canada and send it to NDVO, and the request was by e-mail.

naveen73

Mar 10, 2012
Felixo said:
For the medicals, you can take a appointment from the Panel physicians lists on CIC website. As there are many people in similar situation it took me 2 weeks to get an appointment as the doctors don't do it everyday. My mom is here and I am doing the medicals here, the file is transferred to New Delhi. They will give us a receipt after the medicals (around 1 to 2 hours) which we need to send on the other side they will update the electronic version to our file number.

Regarding the PCC, I have applied it through
They have various locations including Brampton. If you go to their centre with the documents you will need to sit and wait for 4 to 5 hours (if you go before the office opens). Else if you go for pick and drop option it costs 35$ and a fedex person will be picking the package and dropping it back once complete. Their estimated time for the PCC processing is 4 to 6 weeks.

Before submitting the application to BLS, it is wise to call them up if you have confusions while filling their forms. Good luck!!

By the way, when you send the forms to New Delhi as we need to send the entire package that was submitted initially, are you applying for one more option c printout and sending a copy of the receipt paid initially?
I don't think we have to send entire package its already transferred by CIC, can anyone clarify?

Felixo

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
naveen73 said:
I don't think we have to send entire package its already transferred by CIC, can anyone clarify?
Sorry Naveen
I was a bit confused when I read other folks talking about sending "same documents" again to New Delhi. I asked the same question around 2 to 3 times here and among 2015 sponsors that have had the documents sent to Delhi but unfortunately didn't get response from anyone.

Today, I got to know from another forum that it is not the entire package but a few documents that are to be submitted again (around 3 of them), which won't take much time.
So no worries.

lili2013

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Hello

I received a letter on Feb 2 that my application has been accepted under the intake cap for 2016. I am applying from Quebec. I have not received anything after. Is anyone else from Quebec? What is the next step?

r3su1

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
After sent out requests for medical exam and PCC, will CIC show them online such as saying "we've sent you the requests and we are waiting for your reply within certain period of time." I am afraid of mail lost. I requested change of mailing address by eform but no updates online after five business days.

dbase1981

May 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2014 1:57 PM DD encashed June 25, 2014
AOR Received.
PER August 7, 2014
Med's Request
August 27, 2014
Med's Done....
September 22, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 7, 2014
LANDED..........
September 8, 2015
Hi Guys,

How long do they give MEdicals to be done? Still 1 month?

canadian_legend

Sep 2, 2015
Hello everyone!
Happy Canada Day!
I posted this question a few days back but didn't get the response.
I applied for: Mom+Dad (Metro Mississauga Jan 4, 2016, 8:45 AM)
CC charged on: 13-Jan-2016
1st AOR received: 2-Feb-2016

When I look at the spread sheet people around me not only have received Approvals but also LVO Transfers.
I have not received anything from CIC after 1st AOR.
Also, I am, unable to log in to check the status online to this date.

Can anyone please help?

Many thanks,
Canadian Legend

Jacaranda

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ah thanks MssFrowz, will look at this link, i need SA pcc and botswana pcc.... and i will get that process started now....

MissFrowz said:
I'm not too sure as my parents are Zimbabwean. But if you go to the SACanada forum (http://www.sacanada.org/), they usually recommend doc assist: http://www.docassist.co.za/

Yes, it's a good idea to get it now. My brother needed an SA police clearance for his study visa application and it took almost two months. I hear that with doc assist it takes less than a month.

dadaum

Dec 16, 2012
INDIA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
13-02-2017
Med's Done....
17-02-2017,18-05-2017
citizenship_seeker said:
Hi,

I got the sponsorship approval in mail. The file has been transferred to LVO New Delhi. I think the next steps will be a request for medical and PCC. My mother is with me here in Canada and she is the only applicant in my file. I think I can get a PCC from the CGI Vancouver. I was wondering how long is the validity of the PCC? Can I apply for PCC now even before I have not received any request for it since the processing takes 4-6 weeks?
. Congratulation to you and your Mother for getting Sponsorship Approval. Validity of PCC is SIX months.

dadaum

Dec 16, 2012
INDIA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
13-02-2017
Med's Done....
17-02-2017,18-05-2017
citizenship_seeker said:
Thanks!! I was wondering since the medical is only valid for one year and people are already being asked to get their medicals done... does that not mean that applications will get processed within one year from now? This is because the medical for a person has to valid at the time he/she lands in Canada as a PR. My mother is already here on Supervisa though.
Yes i suppose as Medical is valid for one year it is possible that you may get PR within a year.Let us hope for the best.We are yet to receive SA.

citizenship_seeker

Star Member
May 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dadaum said:
Yes i suppose as Medical is valid for one year it is possible that you may get PR within a year.Let us hope for the best.We are yet to receive SA.
Don't worry.. it's on the way.. i have read on this forum that it takes about 2 weeks for the actual letter to come after SA approval.. You can try calling them and they will tell you the status.

dadaum

Dec 16, 2012
INDIA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
13-02-2017
Med's Done....
17-02-2017,18-05-2017
citizenship_seeker said:
Don't worry.. it's on the way.. i have read on this forum that it takes about 2 weeks for the actual letter to come after SA approval.. You can try calling them and they will tell you the status.
Thank you I tried to call him but could not connect with them.Till July08 I am in Markham,My wife is on Super Visa and will stay longer.I will try some more times to call them.Thank you again.

myYahoo

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-07-2013
AOR Received.
26-09-2013
Med's Request
03-03-2014
Med's Done....
05-03-2014
Passport Req..
17-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-03-2014
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
I received question again to submit father death certificate

Should I submit this online or copy to send in mail?