+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

iluvbaguio

Mar 12, 2010
Kaillene23 said:
Hi Iluvbaguio.. Around 1pm.. But it eases my mind as i already know that my application was returned. I called them since my credit card was lost. So they checked my file and was able to track it.

I am sorry to hear that Kaillene. My application was received January 5 around 8:52AM... I am still praying that my application makes it to the 10K... Don't give up! CIC is not closing their doors. We still have next year.. :):):):)

Sam961

Jan 30, 2016
Kaillene23 said:
Hi Iluvbaguio.. Around 1pm.. But it eases my mind as i already know that my application was returned. I called them since my credit card was lost. So they checked my file and was able to track it.
What number did you call?

iluvbaguio

Mar 12, 2010
Kaillene23 said:
I just called cic customer service they confirmed that my application was sent back to me on March 1st due to not reaching the 10k cap. :( :( Although I haven't received it yet. My application was received on January 5th. I believed they already opened the 10k files since they were able to track my application with the UCI i gaved to them.
Hi Kaillene.. Sorry for my question again. I am just trying to analyze my chances of my application being sent also.. from where are you? BC?

Because according Canada post delivery time from Ottawa to Vancouver is around 6 working days. I live in Alberta. If they sent also my application back same day as you. Then I should be getting my application last week. We have people in this forum that received their application back March 9. They are the January 11AM up applications. May be their application was sent the same day as your application.

Question is why you still don't have your application? I think your application is still okay and the agent is wrong.. Hope this is true..

Sam961

Jan 30, 2016
I am Ontario too. Weird how it's taking 20 days within Ontario, no? Or maybe by returned she meant it was filed as out of cap but not necessarily mailed (dropped off for shipping yet).

Sam961

Jan 30, 2016
Sam961 said:
I am Ontario too. Weird how it's taking 20 days within Ontario, no? Or maybe by returned she meant it was filed as out of cap but not necessarily mailed (dropped off for shipping yet).
I got through I'm on hold. Where do I find the UCI number?

iluvbaguio

Mar 12, 2010
Sam961 said:
I got through I'm on hold. Where do I find the UCI number?
Yes it is weird... We have application returned 9th of March. That application is a 11AM January 5. Why Kaillene application is still on CIC's possession. Or if it sent last Mach 1st then why is it that she didn't received yet..

Ywcat

Jan 6, 2016
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
05-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Request
07-02-2017
Med's Done....
08-12-2016
Just call CIC, the agent told me my file still in CIC, they don't know if I am in the cap or not. they received my application 5th of January @10:04

iluvbaguio

Mar 12, 2010
Ywcat said:
Just call CIC, the agent told me my file still in CIC, they don't know if I am in the cap or not. they received my application 5th of January @10:04
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D THAT IS A GOOD NEWS FOR YOU / US .... I am 8:52AM January 5... I don't like to call CIC they might say my application is waiting to be charge.. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Sam961

Jan 30, 2016
iluvbaguio said:
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D THAT IS A GOOD NEWS FOR YOU / US .... I am 8:52AM January 5... I don't like to call CIC they might say my application is waiting to be charge.. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I am on hold now for rep to check if I made cap.

Ywcat

Jan 6, 2016
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
05-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Request
07-02-2017
Med's Done....
08-12-2016
iluvbaguio said:
I don't know if the purolator send twice in the morning? 8:52 and 10:04? that sounds .........

Sam961

Jan 30, 2016
They pretty much didn't give me any news. Don't bother calling. She said they still have it. They put it aside but they can't confirm if it will be treated. In other words, by the time they'll get to Jan 5, the cap will be reached and they'll mail the apps then.

iluvbaguio

Mar 12, 2010
Ywcat said:
I don't know if the purolator send twice in the morning? 8:52 and 10:04? that sounds .........
Based on this tread/forum Purolator outside Ontario and within Ontario have different time. 4th January application Purolator used local courier for Ontario applications and Purolator for outside.

In my case my application should be the 9:43AM batch January 5 but Purolator Alberta was not able to send our application because of the delayed plane here in AB.

I am just taking my luck.. Hope we are in the 10k cap.. :D

iluvbaguio

Mar 12, 2010
Sam961 said:
They pretty much didn't give me any news. Don't bother calling. She said they still have it. They put it aside but they can't confirm if it will be treated. In other words, by the time they'll get to Jan 5, the cap will be reached and they'll mail the apps then.
If the 5th January application will not make it to CAP. Why is it that we have applications returned that is dated 5th January 11AM onwards. Hmmmm this confuses me..