AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
It appears that the cap will remain at 5000 for this year. The increased to 10K cap starts to look unlikely for this year. Likely for 2017.

Mccallum has quoted "The exercise has been completed now for 2016 but we will have a year to figure out ways in which we might improve that process for the next year."

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/feds-have-year-to-review-parent-and-grandparent-sponsorship-mccallum-1.2736063

Unfortunately the applications beyond 7000 will likely get returned while the first 7000 get processed for 5000K cap.

canam3

Jan 4, 2016
screech339 said:
It appears that the cap will remain at 5000 for this year. The increased to 10K cap starts to look unlikely for this year. Likely for 2017.

Mccallum has quoted "The exercise has been completed now for 2016 but we will have a year to figure out ways in which we might improve that process for the next year."

ctvnews.ca/canada/feds-have-year-to-review-parent-and-grandparent-sponsorship-mccallum-1.2736063

Unfortunately the applications beyond 7000 will likely get returned while the first 7000 get processed for 5000K cap.
""The exercise has been completed now for 2016 but we will have a year to figure out ways in which we might improve that process for the next year.""

I think the context in which Minister mentioned is related to the higher fees changed by some local courier companies. He means that this year we have already received 14k and application windows is closed. From next year we would think a better way to accept applications. This has nothing to do with the CAP.

CAP is definitely a 10K for this year...

Feel positive, stay positive .... Cheers!!!

myYahoo

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-07-2013
AOR Received.
26-09-2013
Med's Request
03-03-2014
Med's Done....
05-03-2014
Passport Req..
17-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-03-2014
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
screech339 said:

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/feds-have-year-to-review-parent-and-grandparent-sponsorship-mccallum-1.2736063

McCallum mentioned related to the process not the cap.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
canam3 said:
""The exercise has been completed now for 2016 but we will have a year to figure out ways in which we might improve that process for the next year.""

I think the context in which Minister mentioned is related to the higher fees changed by some local courier companies. He means that this year we have already received 14k and application windows is closed. From next year we would think a better way to accept applications. This has nothing to do with the CAP.

CAP is definitely a 10K for this year...

Feel positive, stay positive .... Cheers!!!
Bringing the lottery system similar to US Green card would eliminate this problem. Not only the courier fees but also geographically. People in GTA has an unfair advantage over anyone outside GTA. More pronounced for those on the far side of Canada from BC to Nfld.

People may complain that lottery system is unfair. Well neither is the first come first serve either. The lotto approach is the more fairer approach than the current fcfs system.

Quoi

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 4th, 2016
Leaving our families fate to luck is not fair.

Every document should be submitted online (upload an application when quota opens and not mail it), the cap should be increased and files should be reviewed case by case, so that its not the complete applications that are processed and count towards the 5k, but the applications that are actually eligible.

M

mikeymyke

So if they're holding onto the excess applications over 5000, so I guess this means the people who didnt apply for their parents this year, but plan on doing it next year, will be screwed? Also, would those people who sent the apps in, but didnt make the 5000 cut, would they have to then send a 2015 NOA when CIC finally processes their app for 2017?

Sending the applications online might solve a lot of problems, but I can definitely see lots of issues with that route, like the CIC website crashing due to excessive traffic for example.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
mikeymyke said:
So if they're holding onto the excess applications over 5000, so I guess this means the people who didnt apply for their parents this year, but plan on doing it next year, will be screwed? Also, would those people who sent the apps in, but didnt make the 5000 cut, would they have to then send a 2015 NOA when CIC finally processes their app for 2017?

Sending the applications online might solve a lot of problems, but I can definitely see lots of issues with that route, like the CIC website crashing due to excessive traffic for example.
The approach I was thinking is submitting your online queue for first two weeks of Jan. Once the 2 weeks are up, the following monday, 5000 are random selected and another 2000 for standby. If your name is selected, you have a deadline to submitted the complete application, say Jan 31st. Two weeks to submit your application is plenty of time to ensure your application is complete before sending it in. CIC will begin to process the applications for completeness. If it is, it is considered part of 5000. If not, completed applications on waitlist will get processed in your spot for cap.

The only people that don't like the lotto system are those who have the money to pay big bucks to get their package in first as we have seen in the articles on local couriers charging a huge fee and those who live in the GTA area that uses these local courier.

As long as first come first serve stays, supply and demand applies. McCallum will not be able to get rid of their unfairness of courier fees as long as fcfs exists. Using the lotto approach, supply and demand no longer applies. Couriers won't be able to charge huge fees and won't stay overnight when other couriers can ship it cheaper.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Quoi said:
Leaving our families fate to luck is not fair.

Every document should be submitted online (upload an application when quota opens and not mail it), the cap should be increased and files should be reviewed case by case, so that its not the complete applications that are processed and count towards the 5k, but the applications that are actually eligible.
Picking which courier will show up at the CIC first is also luck as well. Pick the wrong one, and you're out of luck. But now that local couriers have propped up, next year people will now fly to Toronto and pay these local couriers just to get a leg up over everyone else. Does this sounds fair to you? Like mccallum said, why does some people have to pay more for first spot than others. Its called supply and demand.

How would you feel, if someone applied a few months after you, pays a lot of money so that their spouse gets PR first before your spouse gets PR. You would scream "unfair". No different from claiming rich people would get first in line treatment in medical care if two tier medical exist.

RNJ

Jan 4, 2016
canpuneet said:
That is just not good... What time did your application reach. The cap has increased to 10,000, so take heart. All the best, hope things work out for you this year.

UPS early delivery, Expected 8 AM delivery, but shows as 6.31 Am. I guess, they were not in before 10 AM.

boorishbrat1

Jan 6, 2016
myYahoo said:
McCallum mentioned related to the process not the cap.
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2016/01/13/could-be-a-better-way-to-accept-applicants-for-parent-sponsorship-mccallum_n_8972298.html

"
Only 5,000 spots are currently available in the first-come, first-served visa program, though the Liberals have promised to raise the cap to 10,000.

Over 14,000 applications were received this year and the Immigration Department is holding on to the excess files pending that increase.

McCallum suggests the higher cap would come with the release of the government's overall plan for immigration in 2016.

"

dadaum

Dec 16, 2012
INDIA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
13-02-2017
Med's Done....
17-02-2017,18-05-2017
Looking to the PGP files are moving and CC,s are charged Purolator 9/43 batch may get charged after Wednesday I suppose.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
screech339 said:
Your sense of entitlement is showing. So what you stayed in Canada for 11 years. There is skype that allow your parents to see their grandchild.

People like use excuses like yours "I have a grandchild here" to bring their parents over here. So taxpayers have to pay for your parent's health care because you have a child? Again avoid real reasons why PGP is popular. It is cheaper on health care for you to fly with your child to let your mom see her grandchild than to have your parent here.

How does my wife feel about our children not seeing their grandparents in another country in person. They get by well using skype everyday. Visiting them may be expensive but at least it is cheaper than taxpayers paying for our grandparents's health care.
You are an absolute joke to read. Someday you will say why someone wants to bring his/her spouse over to Canada, s/he can skype and grow family over skype...

It's no brainer, flying for 2~3 weeks with <1 year old over to my home country is lot expensive than flying my mom over here, especially when Canada pays for her airfare :eek:.

I never said having so many parents/grandparents won't put pressure on Canadian healthcare (which is apparently the "best" in the world). And 3rd/4th generation immigrants here (who call themselves Canadians) won't like it. I completely understand it. But again I didn't like some junkie in Toronto who lives on my tax-money from my co-op salary while I was an International Student. Hell, I've paying taxes all my life in Canada. My mom paid 3X university tuition (that's 10K per term) for me whereas Canadian parents will borrow the money (OSAP) from the Govt. who got it from MY TAX MONEY. Hey, I can go on and on. But I live in this country now, I well wish it. At same time, this country should take me as its own now. It cannot say I WILL ONLY ACCEPT YOU, NOT YOUR ELDERLY FAMILY.

I will stop this non-sense argument over nothing. I saw you writing things like for pretty long time. I should have remembered. This thread is now for 2016 PGP applicants who are anxiously waiting for their CC to be charged. I wish them good luck by ending this!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Rossei said:
You are an absolute joke to read. Someday you will say why someone wants to bring his/her spouse over to Canada, s/he can skype and grow family over skype...

It's no brainer, flying for 2~3 weeks with <1 year old over to my home country is lot expensive than flying my mom over here, especially when Canada pays for her airfare :eek:.

I never said having so many parents/grandparents won't put pressure on Canadian healthcare (which is apparently the "best" in the world). And 3rd/4th generation immigrants here (who call themselves Canadians) won't like it. I completely understand it. But again I didn't like some junkie in Toronto who lives on my tax-money from my co-op salary while I was an International Student. Hell, I've paying taxes all my life in Canada. My mom paid 3X university tuition (that's 10K per term) for me whereas Canadian parents will borrow the money (OSAP) from the Govt. who got it from MY TAX MONEY. Hey, I can go on and on. But I live in this country now, I well wish it. At same time, this country should take me as its own now. It cannot say I WILL ONLY ACCEPT YOU, NOT YOUR ELDERLY FAMILY.

I will stop this non-sense argument over nothing. I saw you writing things like for pretty long time. I should have remembered. This thread is now for 2016 PGP applicants who are anxiously waiting for their CC to be charged. I wish them good luck by ending this!
I agree it is a no brainer that it is very expensive to fly to see your parents. That is what supervisa is for. It allows you to bring your parents here and see their grandchildren for 2 years at a time, if your reason is because you have a child and you want your parents to see their grandchild.

Anyway I have said my piece on why PGP is popular.

dadaum

Dec 16, 2012
INDIA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
13-02-2017
Med's Done....
17-02-2017,18-05-2017
Rossei said:

I never said having so many parents/grandparents won't put pressure on Canadian healthcare (which is apparently the "best" in the world). And 3rd/4th generation immigrants here (who call themselves Canadians) won't like it. I completely understand it. But again I didn't like some junkie in Toronto who lives on my tax-money from my co-op salary while I was an International Student. Hell, I've paying taxes all my life in Canada. My mom paid 3X university tuition (that's 10K per term) for me whereas Canadian parents will borrow the money (OSAP) from the Govt. who got it from MY TAX MONEY. Hey, I can go on and on. But I live in this country now, I well wish it. At same time, this country should take me as its own now. It cannot say I WILL ONLY ACCEPT YOU, NOT YOUR ELDERLY FAMILY. Only one person is continuously arguing against the PGP Programme.The reason may be ones's personal problem.Most of the kids do not invite their parents only because of Health Care issue.Thank you

. Thank you Rossei for this post.Only one person is continuously arguing against the PGP programme due to Healthcare burden.This may be one's personnel problem.Most of the kids do not invite their Parents only because of Healthcare benefit but must be because they wish to reward the persons who brought them up. Now please stop this NonSense discussion and concentrate on the NOBLE motive for which this Forum is started.